Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

[Q] How to get activate USB debugging mode when there is essentially no OS

OP locke585

24th February 2013, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So I rooted my AT&T Galaxy S3 using the Samsung GS3 ToolKit. After that I installed CM10. However when I tried to install the Google Apps pack I accidentally installed a version of Google Apps that was not compatible so I kept getting the "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped message". So I went into recovery mode and chose the factory reset option thinking it would fix it, but it did not. Now there is essentially no operating system of any kind since I can't even access the setting options and the message " Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped message" is still present. Any ideas on what to do next?
24th February 2013, 06:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

211 posts
Re: [Q] How to get activate USB debugging mode when there is essentially no OS
Flash the ROM. Flash gapps. If you can get into recovery that is. If you can't, download mode, Odin back to stock. If you can't download mode, you're bricked and need advice from someone who knows more than I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeymannnn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 06:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeymannnn

Flash the ROM. Flash gapps. If you can get into recovery that is. If you can't, download mode, Odin back to stock. If you can't download mode, you're bricked and need advice from someone who knows more than I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Yep, I think I'm bricked, can't get turn on the usb debugging mode so I can't use the tool kit to force it into recovery or download mode.
24th February 2013, 08:51 AM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344

5,540 posts
More
Did you try ODIN to stock?
24th February 2013, 11:34 AM   |  #5  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 1,418

2,321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke585

Yep, I think I'm bricked, can't get turn on the usb debugging mode so I can't use the tool kit to force it into recovery or download mode.

Put the correct room and gapps on your external (if you have one) and use the button combo to get into recovery. Flash both files, wipe data/cache/dalvik
24th February 2013, 12:37 PM   |  #6  
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 863

1,783 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] How to get activate USB debugging mode when there is essentially no OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke585

You're not bricked, you reset the rom back to the setup function but it had nothing to do with the incorrect gapps you flashed which is why you still have the error.

Reboot into recovery (volume+ power and home) full wipe, reinstall ROM, and the correct gapps. Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot.

As said earlier put the ROM and gapps on an extsd card and you won't have to worry USB debugging mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread