Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,631 Members 45,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get activate USB debugging mode when there is essentially no OS

Tip us?

locke585
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to get activate USB debugging mode when there is essentially no OS

So I rooted my AT&T Galaxy S3 using the Samsung GS3 ToolKit. After that I installed CM10. However when I tried to install the Google Apps pack I accidentally installed a version of Google Apps that was not compatible so I kept getting the "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped message". So I went into recovery mode and chose the factory reset option thinking it would fix it, but it did not. Now there is essentially no operating system of any kind since I can't even access the setting options and the message " Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped message" is still present. Any ideas on what to do next?

Monkeymannnn
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default Re: [Q] How to get activate USB debugging mode when there is essentially no OS

Flash the ROM. Flash gapps. If you can get into recovery that is. If you can't, download mode, Odin back to stock. If you can't download mode, you're bricked and need advice from someone who knows more than I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeymannnn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

locke585
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeymannnn View Post
Flash the ROM. Flash gapps. If you can get into recovery that is. If you can't, download mode, Odin back to stock. If you can't download mode, you're bricked and need advice from someone who knows more than I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Yep, I think I'm bricked, can't get turn on the usb debugging mode so I can't use the tool kit to force it into recovery or download mode.

diablo009
Old
Thanks Meter 1,343
Did you try ODIN to stock?

T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted

All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages

Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke585 View Post
Yep, I think I'm bricked, can't get turn on the usb debugging mode so I can't use the tool kit to force it into recovery or download mode.
Put the correct room and gapps on your external (if you have one) and use the button combo to get into recovery. Flash both files, wipe data/cache/dalvik

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747

KorGuy123
Old
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] How to get activate USB debugging mode when there is essentially no OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke585 View Post
You're not bricked, you reset the rom back to the setup function but it had nothing to do with the incorrect gapps you flashed which is why you still have the error.

Reboot into recovery (volume+ power and home) full wipe, reinstall ROM, and the correct gapps. Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot.

As said earlier put the ROM and gapps on an extsd card and you won't have to worry USB debugging mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
If I helped you in anyway please hit the "Thanks" button.
If I really helped buy me a beer sometime!

Canadian GS3 Running
Quantum 5 4.4.4 (Carbon Based
Quantum Core 7/8
0-Day PA Gapps 7/16
3250mAh Extended Battery
Bootloader I747MVLUFNE6