Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 - Directv app issues

Tip us?
 
JPW1
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 62
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default 4.2.2 - Directv app issues

My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?
 
lKBZl
Old
#2  
lKBZl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 683
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW1 View Post
My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?
I think that if you want to go back to 4.2.1 stock you have to use one of those toolkits or flash it vida adb/fasboot, and if im not wrong, that will erase all your data.
 
JPW1
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 62
Join Date: Dec 2012
Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?
 
lKBZl
Old
#4  
lKBZl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 683
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW1 View Post
Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?
Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...
 
Droid_Junky
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 74
Join Date: Mar 2010
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.
 
lKBZl
Old
#6  
lKBZl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 683
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.
Haven't tried it, no idea if it's gonna work in Spain, i'll try it later, How is it called on the market?
 
JPW1
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 62
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.
Yes, the majority of the time it worked great for me. It certainly wasn't perfect but live TV would work. Since 4.2.2 it never works properly, video is jerky and the audio is always trying to catch up.
 
JPW1
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 62
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lKBZl View Post
Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...
Thanks for this. It id's all very new to me. Where doi get the toolkit?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more