OP atermify

5th January 2013, 03:41 AM   |  #31  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,177

2,627 posts
Donate to Me
More
Make sure you use some clear scotch tape across the internal connector to keep it tight. Also a piece across the battery to the side near the connector to prevent the battery from shifting around. Make sure you street clear of the copper tape. Glad I could help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
5th January 2013, 12:57 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 169

668 posts
Well, just had an interesting development. Maybe it will result in having to crack open the back and re-seating the battery connector - or maybe not.

I was just using my N7 this AM, knowing that the charge was getting on the low side, like 30%. At 23% my N7 went dead and would not turn on. When I supplied power to it, the screen cycled between displaying very slight static, and then going black. Holding the button down did not matter for the first 2 tries. The 3rd try started up just fine. But I wanted to troubleshoot some more...

So I let it go up to 24% and then I disconnected it from power. Without moving it whatsoever, my N7 went dead at 23% a second time. Since my N7 was not touched/moved during this brief time, I believe this dismisses the loose battery connector idea.

I reconnected power and sure enough, it did not respond to holding down the power button for 30 seconds until the third try. Here's what I think...

- I probably don't have a loose battery connector, given the N7 turning off at a specific power level, without being touched/moved.
- The power circuit/program needs to calibrate itself. The battery appears to be running out of power while the N7 thinks there's still 23% left
- When an N7 turns itself off, it may need up to a minute or so before it wants to respond to the extended power button press - mine did not respond the first or second time - only the 3rd time.
- I'll leave it plugged in well past the 100% charge level today, and I'll run it down to zero and watch the power level that the N7 reports. This may take a few cycles to calibrate.

I welcome your ideas - so give me a shout.

I am sharing my experience here, and will post back in the event what I discover might help other N7 owners.
Last edited by billykxda; 5th January 2013 at 01:04 PM.
7th January 2013, 05:41 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unhappy N7 not powering up
Hello all
after breaking the screen and enough know how i sourced a spare digitizer.
it had been sat for about 5 weeks awaiting a cheaper spare so the battery must have drained itself..
I changed out the digitizer and all looked well.
Plugged in USB charger and i get the animation for around 5 secs saying charging but it won't switch on.
I have tried all the power/hold/ volume buttons for up to a minute and still nothing?
Please help.
Apologies if it been asked a thousand times.
Anyone had this issue? the not wanting to power issue after the already posted problems>?
8th January 2013, 12:55 PM   |  #34  

668 posts
I am in the process of troubleshooting this issue. I've researched many threads on different forums that have reported "fixes". Most of these "fixes" are anecdotal and are not likely to work for the majority of us. This issue also appears to possibly be multiple, closely-related but distinct issues:
- N7 turns off randomly
- N7 turns off when the battery is low
- N7 won't turn on

This further complicates the landscape.

Since troubleshooting this issue involves running through full battery cycles, it's not something that can be completed in an hour or two. If I can come up with a reliable/repeatable "fix", or at least, helpful info that I learned along the way, I'll probably start a new thread instead of posting under just one of these issues.
9th January 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #35  

668 posts
Check out this thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2090826
12th January 2013, 04:56 AM   |  #36  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,177

2,627 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billykxda

I am in the process of troubleshooting this issue. I've researched many threads on different forums that have reported "fixes". Most of these "fixes" are anecdotal and are not likely to work for the majority of us. This issue also appears to possibly be multiple, closely-related but distinct issues:
- N7 turns off randomly
- N7 turns off when the battery is low
- N7 won't turn on

This further complicates the landscape.

Since troubleshooting this issue involves running through full battery cycles, it's not something that can be completed in an hour or two. If I can come up with a reliable/repeatable "fix", or at least, helpful info that I learned along the way, I'll probably start a new thread instead of posting under just one of these issues.

Billy...just take something thin and plastic to slowly pop the back off. It will save you a lot of time wondering to checking. If you are careful you wont hurt a thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
12th January 2013, 12:55 PM   |  #37  

668 posts
thanks for the info. Already done. It was easy to do and I was able to resolve my issues with my Nexus 7. See my post just above yours.
18th January 2013, 04:22 PM   |  #38  
Flag Barrow-in-Furness
Thanks Meter: 94

477 posts
Donate to Me
More
Your not the only one facing this issue

All the last times I tried to turn it on, just pressing the button did it... Was super scared just now!
24th February 2013, 05:00 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Smile Just the post I needed. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionFreak

Try holding down vol up & down buttons and then the power button. Then you should be in the reboot/recovery menu. It should say start. Push power button to power up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

So glad I found this post. Saved me from taking my Nexus in to get it looked at. Thanks
24th February 2013, 12:44 PM   |  #40  

668 posts
Just in case you have any future issues, check this post for additional fixes:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2090826

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread