Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 44,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Cloud network do you use / want to use?
Box.com 23 22.33%
SkyDrive 4 3.88%
Sugarsync 1 0.97%
Other? (post which one) 3 2.91%
I am Ok with Google Drive / Dropbox / FTP / FTPS 72 69.90%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

[APP][4.04+] OBackup - BUG FIXED, BACK ON PLAY STORE [07/21/2013]

Tip us?

snoopy33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namoi View Post
Thanks for answering.

So is it possible on the stop dialog when one click cancel to go back to the main screen of OB to follow the rest of the procedure instead of just exiting the stop dialog ?

Hi Namoi,

Very good idea, I have blocked the hardware cancel button, and now you need to click stop or cancel on the dialog box. When stop is clicked, it goes back to the main screen.

Thank you a lot for this idea!

Regards
If you like OBackup, GIVE it 5 Stars

Have a look at my application, OBackup and come on the dedicated XDA thread

Join the dedicated G+ community, then click this Link to get the beta update from the Play Store.

snoopy33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSeeyinEye View Post
Last night's backup caused a nasty wakelock. Cost me 10% battery. The backup itself seems fine, though, and was finished in approximately 10 minutes.

Just reporting

Sent from my GT-I9100
Hi AllSeeyinEye,

Is it the first time?
Did you do something special, like canceling a backup?

Regards

Join the dedicated G+ community, then click this Link to get the beta update from the Play Store.

snoopy33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,637
Hi,

I attached the last version of the screen to let you know the future UI for the space bar.

I have set most of the text horizontal for the reason themadproducer explained on a previous post.

Let me know what you think.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24 13.33.24.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1756745  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snoopy33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AllSeeyinEye
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Default Re: [APP][2.3+] Orange Backup 1.21 - Nandroid on-fly (CWM and TWRP support) - 02/21/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy33 View Post
Hi AllSeeyinEye,

Is it the first time?
Did you do something special, like canceling a backup?

Regards
As a matter of fact... The first backup failed without notice. I immediately started a new backup that was successful (but with the wakelock). Could very well be that the failed backup caused the wakelock.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Place your ad here?! For hire?!

snoopy33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSeeyinEye View Post
As a matter of fact... The first backup failed without notice. I immediately started a new backup that was successful (but with the wakelock). Could very well be that the failed backup caused the wakelock.

Sent from my GT-I9100

It is strange, wakelock is removed when the service is destroyed, so it has to be destroyed with the second service.

I use a kind of Singleton to be sure I am acquiring one time only the wakelock and destroying it systematically before quiting.

Do you have an idea of what happened? How did you know that it was Orange Backup (it is certainly OB because few app uses wakelock, but I want to do the same check)?

Regards

Namoi
Old
Thanks Meter 880
Default Re: [APP][2.3+] Orange Backup 1.21 - Nandroid on-fly (CWM and TWRP support) - 02/21/1

Quote:
Hi Namoi,

Very good idea, I have blocked the hardware cancel button, and now you need to click stop or cancel on the dialog box. When stop is clicked, it goes back to the main screen.

Thank you a lot for this idea!

Regards
Hm, there is maybe a misunderstanding : what i wanted to say is when clicking the cancel it bring back the main screen without canceling the backup for one to be able to follow the backup. For now if we leave the app for doing something else while backing up, we can't return to the screen if we click in the notification.

Hope i was clear
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
NeatROM 4.6.1 XWLSN

kantjer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,645

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi,

I attached the last version of the screen to let you know the future UI for the space bar.

I have set most of the text horizontal for the reason themadproducer explained on a previous post.

Let me know what you think.

Regards
Looks very nice, if it was up to me I think I would set the total storage capacity horizontal after the "Storage" text in a lighter and/or smaller font than the "Storage" text.

Looking at the screen shot I think there is more than enough space for that.
Samsung Galaxy S4 | GT-I9505
Rom: SlimSaberKat 4.4.4
GApps: Slim mini gapps 4.4.4 build 7.x-218
Kernel: Alucard - settings
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 black - unified | Theme: Black
The Following User Says Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snoopy33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer View Post
Looks very nice, if it was up to me I think I would set the total storage capacity horizontal after the "Storage" text in a lighter and/or smaller font than the "Storage" text.

Looking at the screen shot I think there is more than enough space for that.
I have done that in a test I can't aline on the base line of the storage text, I need to aline on the progress bar. It was not so beautiful so I have decided to set the text vertically.

Regards

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snoopy33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snoopy33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namoi View Post
Hm, there is maybe a misunderstanding : what i wanted to say is when clicking the cancel it bring back the main screen without canceling the backup for one to be able to follow the backup. For now if we leave the app for doing something else while backing up, we can't return to the screen if we click in the notification.

Hope i was clear
Sorry, I am the one not clear, what you describes is exactly what it does now

Namoi
Old
Thanks Meter 880

Great! Thanks a lot!
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
NeatROM 4.6.1 XWLSN

Tags
backup, dropbox, ftp, google drive, nandroid