23rd February 2013, 08:01 AM   |  #521  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 24

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhruguraj

Hello there,

I purchased my phone online thru a website and it got shipped to me in Australia from Hong Kong, Now I want to root my phone and install a new ROM into it but I do not knw how to check what variant is my phone of. When I search for a custom ROM it says that it is for a particular variant so I m not sure what to do.... PLZ HELP

Goto settings and under that goto about phone,you can find your phone number,model and all other information there itself

It should say something like N7100 or N7105(LTE) and the other variants are carrier specific models for sprint,t-mobile or at&t
23rd February 2013, 11:25 AM   |  #522  
Flag northside
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
can i use a at&t rom for my note 2 n7105 lte?
cause i read somewhere its thre same build so can anyone tell me?
23rd February 2013, 11:34 AM   |  #523  
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 486

1,264 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieslayer

Yeah you can, watch out though for any included modem in the stock based roms.
I'm running vanilla Rootbox which is found in the at&t forums

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 09:17 PM   |  #524  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
install custom ROM
hey guys good? so i am half busy last days and haveno time to search a good tutorial to install custom ROMs in my note 2 i am asking to point me the right topic and the best ROM is much? thanks very very thanks
23rd February 2013, 10:09 PM   |  #525  
Flag Sco'land
Thanks Meter: 227

462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luan3232

hey guys good? so i am half busy last days and haveno time to search a good tutorial to install custom ROMs in my note 2 i am asking to point me the right topic and the best ROM is much? thanks very very thanks

@ luan3232

I used this video to learn how to flash a ROM. As long as you're rooted and have CWM, it's a decent video that covers all the basics of flashing. Mind you, this uses Omega ROM as the example, but most other ROMs follow exactly the same technique.

As to the best ROM, that is question that is near impossible to answer. It relies on numerous factors, the major ones being the user of ROMs. First off, decide if you want Stock-like or Minimal or Completely Different. Then search a few ROMs of one of those categories. Read reviews, view images, even flash a few ROMs to see how you like it as that is the most important part. The only part we can help you with is tell you a little about the ROMs themselves. Once you come to settle upon a ROM that meets all your requirements, that's the best ROM.

Feck it, I'll just ask my first & only newb question in this here makeshift signature: How/Can you change the Carrier name shown on the N7100...?
24th February 2013, 01:45 AM   |  #526  

29 posts
help hashcheck 1.7 rom for n7105 black screen
hi i have a samsung galaxy note 2 n7105 i am using hackcheck 1.5 and want to upgrade to1.7 i have downloaded the files and it installs fine but when its finished n boots it boots and makes the samsung sound no logo and just stays black please help
24th February 2013, 04:54 AM   |  #527  

34 posts
Quote:

Yes you can. but choose Rom's with the aroma installer, you can choose to upgrade the modem or not. so I say no to upgrade the modem, and its fine
24th February 2013, 09:27 AM   |  #528  
Flag Vigan City
Thanks Meter: 11

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicstg2

hi i have a samsung galaxy note 2 n7105 i am using hackcheck 1.5 and want to upgrade to1.7 i have downloaded the files and it installs fine but when its finished n boots it boots and makes the samsung sound no logo and just stays black please help

If you cant go to the homescreen when booting, try to reinstall the stock rom trough odin mode.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote:

To be safe, install only roms that is specifically made to your device model.
You can search tons of roms for n7105 Galaxy Note II N7105 Android Development section.
24th February 2013, 12:16 PM   |  #529  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Re: [NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]
Hi guys, I rooted and I'm stuck with the efs copy. I don't intend to fash for now but I just want to have it just in case. Is this right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361708208525.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1756717  
24th February 2013, 12:45 PM   |  #530  
Flag Vigan City
Thanks Meter: 11

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraņa81

Hi guys, I rooted and I'm stuck with the efs copy. I don't intend to fash for now but I just want to have it just in case. Is this right?

Yeah..once you root your phone.first thing to do is back up the efs incase you got problem when flashing rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread