FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] HTC 8X unibody peel

Thanks Meter: 1
 
By kleingy, Junior Member on 19th February 2013, 04:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

Am I the only one with the problem that the unibody shell peels??? I have the phone for 2.5 weeks, and it was always in a case.
Photos (big size)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130219_165335.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	1743470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130219_165328.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	1743471   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130219_165308.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1743475   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130219_165335.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	1743470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130219_165328.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	1743471   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130219_165308.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1743475  
 
 
20th February 2013, 03:35 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 148
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleingy

Hi,

Am I the only one with the problem that the unibody shell peels??? I have the phone for 2.5 weeks, and it was always in a case.
Photos (big size)

Dont looks good =(
24th February 2013, 02:05 AM |#3  
Member
Flag Branson
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
My top-left corner has been naked for a couple months, now.
It's a problem that a lot of people are having.
There is talk of the Verizon employee version (grey with hi-viz accents) having a less rubbery coating.
Maybe HTC refreshed the phone because of this problem?
JJ
24th February 2013, 08:58 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa310tx

My top-left corner has been naked for a couple months, now.
It's a problem that a lot of people are having.
There is talk of the Verizon employee version (grey with hi-viz accents) having a less rubbery coating.
Maybe HTC refreshed the phone because of this problem?
JJ

Is there any forum I can check other users phone's pics about the peeling? I did not find here, in XDA. My 8X is a european version.
24th February 2013, 10:48 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Here is someone who dicribes similar problems:
http://www.neowin.net/news/how-the-h...ld-be-improved
24th February 2013, 02:46 PM |#6  
Member
Flag Branson
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleingy

Is there any forum I can check other users phone's pics about the peeling? I did not find here, in XDA. My 8X is a european version.

Well, there's always http://www.wpcentral.com (probably a better resource for Windows Phone stuff than XDA).
If you're looking for pictures, though, it would look very similar to yours.
Mine is just on the other corner and a little bigger.
JJ
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc 8x, peel, policarbonate, shell, unibody
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes