([ROM]) wWidow HD for XT926 (3|18|13)

Search This thread

andlaw

Nov 27, 2011
OH-IO
wWIDOWHD
wwidowhdv2previewxda.png

([DEODEXED // ZIPALIGNED // JELLYBEAN ROM])

What I have here is a Jellybean 4.1.1 based ROM. Its been de-odexed, zipaligned, debloated heavily and I removed as much blur as possible while keeping the ROM fully functional (including SMARTACTIONS) *blur apps have been replaced with AOSP versions* All of the main apps, including Google apps and the system have been blacked out!! This UI is very dark, and a lot of time has went into blacking everything out and I wouldn't have it any other way, so if your not a fan of darkness.. then this ROM is probably not for you! You Must be running the (OTA) JB version on your stock ROM since the kernel is needed to run correctly.. and you must use Safestrap recovery to flash the ROM if your on a consumer device, or TWRP/CWM recovery if your on the Developer edition! If you have any suggestions/issues please do feel free to leave your feedback.. as its always greatly appreciated!
Aloha and Mahalo for all the donations and continued support! BW FTW!!!!! !!

:::::Thanks :: Credit:::::
Motorola for the hardware. ..
Google for ANDROID and always being there when I need help. ..
XDA for all of the goodies and tutorials to learn android. ..
Hashcode for the updater script and Safestrap to flash with. .. epic. .
Jimboslice for the deodexed base to build from. ..
Dhacker29 for all of the things he does for the community & answering all my questions on Gtalk!!
Mattlgroff for his ADBD script, countless RAZR utilities he always provides the community, and for sharing his knowledge on how to get my custom Boot logo to install with the ROM zip, for hooking me up with some space on BataKang., and just overall being who he is~
24v for showing me the ropes on how to use Apktool and for creating bad ass themes for my ROMs!!
wulf for always answering my questions and helping me, and for always making bad ass themes for all of my ROMs!!!
prstorero for the guide on how to Mod the reboot menu into my ROM, and for answering all my questions on Gtalk while doing so. ..
Android Does for APEX launcher., the best android 4.0+ home launcher on the market~
CyanogenMod for DSP Manager. ..
ChainFire for SuperSU and the updated binaries. ..
DroidRZR for the amazing community and place to call home. .. and any1 else who has ever helped along the way!

index.php

Source: motoblur-9.1.39a-vanquish w/ 9.1.41 framework
Deodexed, Zipaligned, Debloated and nearly all Blur removed!!
Integrated Gapps:

Gmail v4.2
Maps v6.14.2
Music v4.3.615
Play v3.10.9
Talk v4.1.2 (Inverted version 4.2 available below)
YouTube v4.1.23

1% Accurate battery - for an accurate system readout, removed the battery icon from navigation bar. ..
Adaway - for an ad free experience. .. just needs opened and apply updated host files
AOSP Calculator
AOSP Calendar
AOSP Clock
AOSP Email w/ Exchange
AOSP Keyboard

APEX Launcher v1.4.3 - custom/default home launcher. ..
APEX White - Theme "skin" for APEX launcher. ..
Blacked out system - SystemUI/framework-res have been blacked out and themed minimal. ..
Build.prop tweaks - for a fluid/battery sipping experience, aka Widow butter. ..
BW icons - icon/wallpaper pack for APEX launcher (this will add some darkness in the app drawer)
City State ID - shows the location of who's calling you. ..
Clock Sync - for quicker GPS lock-on. ..
Custom Bootanimation - based off the stock animation. ..
Custom Boot Logo 'HD' - replaces the red "M" print on boot (included in ROM zip now)
Custom Wallpapers/ Custom 'Roboto text' Icons - (use a file manager to navigate to system/media)
Gallery Google - includes 4.2 Google camera and gallery
Google Deskclock - 4.2 Google alarm clock, stop watch/timer and countdown. ..
DSP Manager v2.0 - for a standard modification of audio preferences. (look into the AC!D audio Mod if you really want to profit)
HDMI support - there is no Webtop support.. but there is working HDMI input, so plug and profit. ..
Init.d support - ADBD insecure and Zipalign on boot. ..
Motorola BlurCamera
No Frills CPU-control
One More Clock Widget - seen in the screenshots, circles clock widget. ..
Power Toggles - (open in app drawer, configure which toggles you want in notification panel)
Root Browser Lite
SuperSU - updated superuser binaries. ..
Swype keyboard - (enable in settings, Language & input.. located in system/vendor directory)
System Panel Lite - for better battery statistics and system management. ..
Zipalign on boot - for optimized performance, #GoFast. ..
Zumocast - replaces Motocast functions. ..

Known Issues:
Known to cause blackouts nation wide. ..

index.php

Requirements :: on the OTA JB 9.1.41 system. ..using Safestrap recovery. ..

([01]) Download and move zip/s to sdcard. ..
([02]) Reboot into recovery. ..
([03]) Create a Nandroid. ..
([04]) Select ROM slot and Wipe ([data/cache/dalvik-cache/system]). ..
([05]) Go back, Choose Install. ..
([06]) Install the ROM zip. ..
([07]) Reboot system to complete install. .. *once the device boots, "allow SU". ..then begin the device setup!*
([optional]) Enjoy the Darkness. ..

index.php

([ ROM ]) :: 2013-3-20 ::
MD5: 2FE900D901F33E73545278CCF666BAEA *wWidowHD.9.1.41.XT926.deodexed.V2.1.zip

index.php

Avoid updating apps through Play that have been themed to avoid losing the theme-work, as it will be broken once they are updated. .. (you can choose to uninstall-updates through App Info to return to the previous themed version). ..
Flash HDgtalk, after first boot! no need to wipe, just flash. ..
Leave feedback, help me, help you! Please remember to state which ROM your on, as this will be most helpful since I have two to choose from in this thread. ..

index.php
*flash these After first boot!*

([[ THEME| Resident Evil ]]) :: 2013-1-15 :: developed by wulf **do not flash until a new version that supports the reboot menu is released**
([ Gtalk ]) :: 2012-12-23 :: blacked out Gtalk v4.2., no wipes needed, just flash!
([ Addon ]) :: 2012-12-29 :: MotoLauncher (4.1) and circleWidget., no wipes needed, just flash!

I also have another ROM w/ Mods to choose from for the XT926, ([ Black Widow HD ]) *OG link can be found HERE as reference*
A truly blacked out experience for the RAZRHD!
If you enjoy the ROM, please feel free to hit the Like button -----------------VVVVVVVVVV​

Attachments

• wWidowHD_xda.jpg
    wWidowHD_xda.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4,992
Last edited:

andlaw

Nov 27, 2011
OH-IO
index.php

2013-3-18:
Created a new ICON pack, WWicons (updated all newly themed app icons into the Icon pack)
Minor theme work updates throughout the system and many included system/apps. .. just about all of them got a face lift!
Added in Chrome to phone
Added Gmail account sync/restore into Device Setup.. now Play will restore your apps!
Updated: APEX launcher to v1.4.4.
Updated: SmartActions, QuickSearchBox, Power Toggles, and Root Browser. ..
Re-themed nearly every single System/App making this one of the Darkest builds to date!
Fixed Force closes issues during Device setup, there should be No problems with anything now!
Heavily Extremely Debloated, the last 2 Verizon apps that were causing the Force Closes and popups on boot in prior builds have been removed! if your a fan of Motorola/Verizon apps or widgets, then this ROM is definitely not for you!
Disabled Entitlement check (Wifi Hotspot hack)
I'm sure that I did more, I just cant keep track of everything as i am currently working on updating both HD builds, and the final release for the XT912. .. but,
Enjoy the Darkness!

2013-3-15:
Fixed Reboot Mod
Added in Hot Reboot into power menu.

2013-3-14:
Updated framework to new OTA version (9.1.41)
Modded in Reboot to power menu
Added in Boot logo Mod with Rom installer to make it easier on you guys and all in one flash
added into system: GalleryGoogle, GoogleDeskclock,
removed: Deskclock, and MotGallery (so don't try to edit pictures or it will FC Gallery 3D)
removed more bloat, so if you want/need/like Moto apps, or blur.. then this ROM is not for you! I have however replaced Motocast with Zumocast as there are no dependencies to make the app work.
updated theme work a little
I'm sure there was more, but its been a while.. is this not already enough reasons to update lol. ..

2013-1-16:
New ROM, based off Jimboslices deodex, motoblur-9.1.39a-vanquish ROM
Blacked out the framework
SystemUI got an overhaul deleting whats not needed, and added in my BW darkness and minimal icons
Added in a 1% Accurate battery Mod, but removed the battery icon from system bar (i use the circle widget as seen in the screenshots)
Removed lockscreen text under icons in the framework
Debloated nearly every Verizon bloatware leaving only behind the ones needed to have Verizon mobile data widget, backup assistant, and smartactions fully functional.
Superuser has been updated, and added in SuperSU for added benefit., also updated busybox.
Added in Init.d support (thanks to mattlgroff), adbd and zipalign on first boot
I updated a few app icons to reflect the White Widow look, only a few! BWicons also got updated with the new images for the app drawer. ..
Updated all apps, Apex just updated to a new version, again, right after i released.. and Power Toggles i didn't update due to some newer bad reviews.
Widow Butter build.prop edits have been added for a fluid, battery sipping experience., not to mention the theme work will help save your battery!!
This is, by far the darkest ROM/theme selection you will find for your RAZR HD, so enjoy the darkness! o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Notrega

andlaw

Nov 27, 2011
OH-IO
This is to change the M print on boot., and will change it with my blacked out widow editions.. this is very simple to do, and you will need a PC~

simply download this file, HERE **check out the Readme that's included**

previews: (may look slighly different on your device)
v1: HDbootlogo
hdbootlogo.png

v2: bootlogoHD
bootlogohdpreview.png

Command prompt preview:
hdbootlogocphowto.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: an21281

droidwalkey

Mar 27, 2011
Re: ([ROM]) wWidow HD for XT926

Can this be used on the razr maxx hd?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

andlaw

Nov 27, 2011
OH-IO

Actually the XT926 denotes 3 different phones:
The Verizon Razr HD, (consumer and developer,) and the Verizon Razr Maxx HD.

Doug B.

yes I'm aware. If you have the consumer RAZR HD/ MAXX HD then you use safe strap recovery. if your on the developer RAZR HD then you will use CWM or TWRP recovery. I thought most people would already know this, as most root users know how this would work. ..

Sent from my XT926M using Tapatalk 2™

spart'84120

Aug 1, 2012

Hi
Can this ROM works on xt925 with safestrap?

Envoyé depuis mon XT925 avec Tapatalk

Works for XT925!

Hi
Can this ROM works on xt925 with safestrap?

Envoyé depuis mon XT925 avec Tapatalk

Yes...mostly, you won't have any wifi though. There is a way to fix it as it was fixed in Batakang for Atrix HD but I'm not a dev :( I tried replacing the prima_wlan.ko and cfg80211.ko files as shown in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107662 but no go

You will get an "Unsupported SIM" warning at boot but can be skipped no problem.

I was able to get LTE on by going to *#*#4636#*#* in my dialer and picking LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA as my Preferred Network Type. Do NOT change anything else here unless you know what you are doing!

The XT925 and XT926 are so close that most things work even the camera!

Got it working, see here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38463998

Last edited:

beboo55

Dec 16, 2006
this is an amazing Rom, i have it for some time now without any issues at all, work smooth, good battery, enjoy it guys

spart'84120

Aug 1, 2012
Yes...mostly, you won't have any wifi though. There is a way to fix it as it was fixed in Batakang for Atrix HD but I'm not a dev :( I tried replacing the prima_wlan.ko and cfg80211.ko files as shown in this thread:

You will get an "Unsupported SIM" warning at boot but can be skipped no problem.

I was able to get LTE on by going to *#*#4636#*#* in my dialer and picking LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA as my Preferred Network Type. Do NOT change anything else here unless you know what you are doing!

thanks man

kyanox

Dec 2, 2007

I got it working too EXCEPT for LTE!!! When I try setting to global, the phone forces GSM/UMTS. It will let me set LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA as my prefered networks however.
Is it possible to put the theme changes into a update file that we can test with one of the available ATRIX HD roms?

Last edited:
I got it working too EXCEPT for LTE!!! When I try setting to global, the phone forces GSM/UMTS. It will let me set LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA as my prefered networks however.
Is it possible to put the theme changes into a update file that we can test with one of the available ATRIX HD roms?

Try changing the preferred value from 9 to 10 in
ro.telephony.default_network=9
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9
I believe that this will make it default to global instead of gsm/utms. I get lte in Canada with gsm/utms so I assumed it would have been the same down there!

If 10 doesn't work then maybe 3? I had a list somewhere as to what the numbers meant. I know that 4 is cdma.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wWIDOWHD
    wwidowhdv2previewxda.png

([DEODEXED // ZIPALIGNED // JELLYBEAN ROM])

What I have here is a Jellybean 4.1.1 based ROM. Its been de-odexed, zipaligned, debloated heavily and I removed as much blur as possible while keeping the ROM fully functional (including SMARTACTIONS) *blur apps have been replaced with AOSP versions* All of the main apps, including Google apps and the system have been blacked out!! This UI is very dark, and a lot of time has went into blacking everything out and I wouldn't have it any other way, so if your not a fan of darkness.. then this ROM is probably not for you! You Must be running the (OTA) JB version on your stock ROM since the kernel is needed to run correctly.. and you must use Safestrap recovery to flash the ROM if your on a consumer device, or TWRP/CWM recovery if your on the Developer edition! If you have any suggestions/issues please do feel free to leave your feedback.. as its always greatly appreciated!
    Aloha and Mahalo for all the donations and continued support! BW FTW!!!!! !!

:::::Thanks :: Credit:::::
    Motorola for the hardware. ..
    Google for ANDROID and always being there when I need help. ..
    XDA for all of the goodies and tutorials to learn android. ..
    Hashcode for the updater script and Safestrap to flash with. .. epic. .
    Jimboslice for the deodexed base to build from. ..
    Dhacker29 for all of the things he does for the community & answering all my questions on Gtalk!!
    Mattlgroff for his ADBD script, countless RAZR utilities he always provides the community, and for sharing his knowledge on how to get my custom Boot logo to install with the ROM zip, for hooking me up with some space on BataKang., and just overall being who he is~
    24v for showing me the ropes on how to use Apktool and for creating bad ass themes for my ROMs!!
    wulf for always answering my questions and helping me, and for always making bad ass themes for all of my ROMs!!!
    prstorero for the guide on how to Mod the reboot menu into my ROM, and for answering all my questions on Gtalk while doing so. ..
    Android Does for APEX launcher., the best android 4.0+ home launcher on the market~
    CyanogenMod for DSP Manager. ..
    ChainFire for SuperSU and the updated binaries. ..
    DroidRZR for the amazing community and place to call home. .. and any1 else who has ever helped along the way!

index.php

Source: motoblur-9.1.39a-vanquish w/ 9.1.41 framework
    Deodexed, Zipaligned, Debloated and nearly all Blur removed!!
    Integrated Gapps:

Gmail v4.2
    Maps v6.14.2
    Music v4.3.615
    Play v3.10.9
    Talk v4.1.2 (Inverted version 4.2 available below)
    YouTube v4.1.23

1% Accurate battery - for an accurate system readout, removed the battery icon from navigation bar. ..
    Adaway - for an ad free experience. .. just needs opened and apply updated host files
    AOSP Calculator
    AOSP Calendar
    AOSP Clock
    AOSP Email w/ Exchange
    AOSP Keyboard

APEX Launcher v1.4.3 - custom/default home launcher. ..
    APEX White - Theme "skin" for APEX launcher. ..
    Blacked out system - SystemUI/framework-res have been blacked out and themed minimal. ..
    Build.prop tweaks - for a fluid/battery sipping experience, aka Widow butter. ..
    BW icons - icon/wallpaper pack for APEX launcher (this will add some darkness in the app drawer)
    City State ID - shows the location of who's calling you. ..
    Clock Sync - for quicker GPS lock-on. ..
    Custom Bootanimation - based off the stock animation. ..
    Custom Boot Logo 'HD' - replaces the red "M" print on boot (included in ROM zip now)
    Custom Wallpapers/ Custom 'Roboto text' Icons - (use a file manager to navigate to system/media)
    Gallery Google - includes 4.2 Google camera and gallery
    Google Deskclock - 4.2 Google alarm clock, stop watch/timer and countdown. ..
    DSP Manager v2.0 - for a standard modification of audio preferences. (look into the AC!D audio Mod if you really want to profit)
    HDMI support - there is no Webtop support.. but there is working HDMI input, so plug and profit. ..
    Init.d support - ADBD insecure and Zipalign on boot. ..
    Motorola BlurCamera
    No Frills CPU-control
    One More Clock Widget - seen in the screenshots, circles clock widget. ..
    Power Toggles - (open in app drawer, configure which toggles you want in notification panel)
    Root Browser Lite
    SuperSU - updated superuser binaries. ..
    Swype keyboard - (enable in settings, Language & input.. located in system/vendor directory)
    System Panel Lite - for better battery statistics and system management. ..
    Zipalign on boot - for optimized performance, #GoFast. ..
    Zumocast - replaces Motocast functions. ..

Known Issues:
    Known to cause blackouts nation wide. ..

index.php

Requirements :: on the OTA JB 9.1.41 system. ..using Safestrap recovery. ..

([01]) Download and move zip/s to sdcard. ..
    ([02]) Reboot into recovery. ..
    ([03]) Create a Nandroid. ..
    ([04]) Select ROM slot and Wipe ([data/cache/dalvik-cache/system]). ..
    ([05]) Go back, Choose Install. ..
    ([06]) Install the ROM zip. ..
    ([07]) Reboot system to complete install. .. *once the device boots, "allow SU". ..then begin the device setup!*
    ([optional]) Enjoy the Darkness. ..

index.php

([ ROM ]) :: 2013-3-20 ::
    MD5: 2FE900D901F33E73545278CCF666BAEA *wWidowHD.9.1.41.XT926.deodexed.V2.1.zip

index.php

Avoid updating apps through Play that have been themed to avoid losing the theme-work, as it will be broken once they are updated. .. (you can choose to uninstall-updates through App Info to return to the previous themed version). ..
    Flash HDgtalk, after first boot! no need to wipe, just flash. ..
    Leave feedback, help me, help you! Please remember to state which ROM your on, as this will be most helpful since I have two to choose from in this thread. ..

index.php
    *flash these After first boot!*

([[ THEME| Resident Evil ]]) :: 2013-1-15 :: developed by wulf **do not flash until a new version that supports the reboot menu is released**
    ([ Gtalk ]) :: 2012-12-23 :: blacked out Gtalk v4.2., no wipes needed, just flash!
    ([ Addon ]) :: 2012-12-29 :: MotoLauncher (4.1) and circleWidget., no wipes needed, just flash!

I also have another ROM w/ Mods to choose from for the XT926, ([ Black Widow HD ]) *OG link can be found HERE as reference*
    A truly blacked out experience for the RAZRHD!
    If you enjoy the ROM, please feel free to hit the Like button -----------------VVVVVVVVVV​
    index.php

2013-3-18:
    Created a new ICON pack, WWicons (updated all newly themed app icons into the Icon pack)
    Minor theme work updates throughout the system and many included system/apps. .. just about all of them got a face lift!
    Added in Chrome to phone
    Added Gmail account sync/restore into Device Setup.. now Play will restore your apps!
    Updated: APEX launcher to v1.4.4.
    Updated: SmartActions, QuickSearchBox, Power Toggles, and Root Browser. ..
    Re-themed nearly every single System/App making this one of the Darkest builds to date!
    Fixed Force closes issues during Device setup, there should be No problems with anything now!
    Heavily Extremely Debloated, the last 2 Verizon apps that were causing the Force Closes and popups on boot in prior builds have been removed! if your a fan of Motorola/Verizon apps or widgets, then this ROM is definitely not for you!
    Disabled Entitlement check (Wifi Hotspot hack)
    I'm sure that I did more, I just cant keep track of everything as i am currently working on updating both HD builds, and the final release for the XT912. .. but,
    Enjoy the Darkness!

2013-3-15:
    Fixed Reboot Mod
    Added in Hot Reboot into power menu.

2013-3-14:
    Updated framework to new OTA version (9.1.41)
    Modded in Reboot to power menu
    Added in Boot logo Mod with Rom installer to make it easier on you guys and all in one flash
    added into system: GalleryGoogle, GoogleDeskclock,
    removed: Deskclock, and MotGallery (so don't try to edit pictures or it will FC Gallery 3D)
    removed more bloat, so if you want/need/like Moto apps, or blur.. then this ROM is not for you! I have however replaced Motocast with Zumocast as there are no dependencies to make the app work.
    updated theme work a little
    I'm sure there was more, but its been a while.. is this not already enough reasons to update lol. ..

2013-1-16:
    New ROM, based off Jimboslices deodex, motoblur-9.1.39a-vanquish ROM
    Blacked out the framework
    SystemUI got an overhaul deleting whats not needed, and added in my BW darkness and minimal icons
    Added in a 1% Accurate battery Mod, but removed the battery icon from system bar (i use the circle widget as seen in the screenshots)
    Removed lockscreen text under icons in the framework
    Debloated nearly every Verizon bloatware leaving only behind the ones needed to have Verizon mobile data widget, backup assistant, and smartactions fully functional.
    Superuser has been updated, and added in SuperSU for added benefit., also updated busybox.
    Added in Init.d support (thanks to mattlgroff), adbd and zipalign on first boot
    I updated a few app icons to reflect the White Widow look, only a few! BWicons also got updated with the new images for the app drawer. ..
    Updated all apps, Apex just updated to a new version, again, right after i released.. and Power Toggles i didn't update due to some newer bad reviews.
    Widow Butter build.prop edits have been added for a fluid, battery sipping experience., not to mention the theme work will help save your battery!!
    This is, by far the darkest ROM/theme selection you will find for your RAZR HD, so enjoy the darkness! o_O
    This is to change the M print on boot., and will change it with my blacked out widow editions.. this is very simple to do, and you will need a PC~

simply download this file, HERE **check out the Readme that's included**

previews: (may look slighly different on your device)
    v1: HDbootlogo
    hdbootlogo.png

v2: bootlogoHD
    bootlogohdpreview.png

Command prompt preview:
    hdbootlogocphowto.jpg
    Wow the darkness!
    update incoming!

well guys, time is near! i will be pushing an update hopefully later this evening... here is a copy of the post i made earlier on DR.

I have managed to get the rebuild for White Widow completed, with reboot menu! I am currently modding settings.apk with a Widow Control.. for easier access to some included apps in the ROM, like, but not limited to... CPU control, Power Toggles, DSP Manager, SuperSU, and system Panel. once this is completed, the ROM will be finalized for the current build!! Black Widow HD will not be receiving an update, as my intentions for that ROM were solely for a more stock based ROM that was deodexed and themed as usual~ :ph34r:

here is a screenshot of the new power menu~
    index.php

ohh, and this build has many new additions, like GoogleGallery + camera, DeskclockGoogle, and all themed apps are up-to-date! I've been working on this for a while now, hopefully you agree its been worth it, and the wait lol. ..

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2