XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen on/off Mod????

Tip us?

MrEpic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] Screen on/off Mod????

Hey comm, i just recently purchased the new commuter otter box and the power button is extremely difficult to push (im also being lazy). I was wondering if there was a mod i missed where i could turn the screen on/off with maybe the volume buttons or maybe the home button? Thanks in advance...

Im running the Goodness Rom 8.0.5

Greygollum
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Re: [Q] Screen on/off Mod????

I've used a mod that let's you swipe your home and back keys for screen on off. ID have to look for it again.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Greygollum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrEpic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greygollum View Post
I've used a mod that let's you swipe your home and back keys for screen on off. ID have to look for it again.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
I highly appreciate it....no rush! Ill be searching as well...

MrEpic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Okkkk, so randomly i said to myself... "Press the home button and see what happens"...Naturally my phone screen turns on...smdh...another great reason why i love this rom!!! But if you do find a mod...im sure someone would like to have it!!!

Goodness Rom Representer!!!!

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11102

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEpic View Post
Okkkk, so randomly i said to myself... "Press the home button and see what happens"...Naturally my phone screen turns on...smdh...another great reason why i love this rom!!! But if you do find a mod...im sure someone would like to have it!!!

Goodness Rom Representer!!!!
Lol...i've heard people complain about that, its actually a feature from the stock rom btw

Sent from my PG06100
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

Wikd
Old
Thanks Meter 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEpic View Post
Hey comm, i just recently purchased the new commuter otter box and the power button is extremely difficult to push (im also being lazy). I was wondering if there was a mod i missed where i could turn the screen on/off with maybe the volume buttons or maybe the home button? Thanks in advance...

Im running the Goodness Rom 8.0.5
Every rom that I've installed has the ability to wake up with the home button, as far as I can temember.

Also, I have the commuter case like you and was very dissatisfied with how hard the rubber is. It does make it hard to press the power and volume buttons. The good news is that the rubber softens over time and makes it easier to press power. I still cant hear or feel the click of the button when I press but its much easier to press after 2 months of use.
Sprint GS3

Need Dropbox?

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1325

I also have the commuter case. I agree that the rubber is too hard but I love the protection. At first I didn't like being able to use the home button to wake the phone, I use it all the time now though.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23930

DONATE TO ME
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and help issues go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

MrEpic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123 View Post
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and help issues go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Ha...its like we winning and losing at same damn time right!! O well, there are apps and great devs to cure allll of that!! I just downloaded a screen off app lol. I guess im going to need a lil longer than 2 months now lol

Cbass15
Old
Thanks Meter 387

I know there's an widget where you just press a button and your screen turns off. I used to use it on my old LG Optimus S!!!! Oh those were the terrible gingerbread days..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2