Post Reply

[Q] Screen on/off Mod????

OP MrEpic

22nd February 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Hey comm, i just recently purchased the new commuter otter box and the power button is extremely difficult to push (im also being lazy). I was wondering if there was a mod i missed where i could turn the screen on/off with maybe the volume buttons or maybe the home button? Thanks in advance...

Im running the Goodness Rom 8.0.5
22nd February 2013, 07:03 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Re: [Q] Screen on/off Mod????
I've used a mod that let's you swipe your home and back keys for screen on off. ID have to look for it again.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Greygollum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greygollum

I've used a mod that let's you swipe your home and back keys for screen on off. ID have to look for it again.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

I highly appreciate it....no rush! Ill be searching as well...
22nd February 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Okkkk, so randomly i said to myself... "Press the home button and see what happens"...Naturally my phone screen turns on...smdh...another great reason why i love this rom!!! But if you do find a mod...im sure someone would like to have it!!!

Goodness Rom Representer!!!!
22nd February 2013, 08:13 PM   |  #5  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag /home/cnexus/android
Thanks Meter: 13,622
 
9,036 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Screen on/off Mod????
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEpic

Okkkk, so randomly i said to myself... "Press the home button and see what happens"...Naturally my phone screen turns on...smdh...another great reason why i love this rom!!! But if you do find a mod...im sure someone would like to have it!!!

Goodness Rom Representer!!!!

Lol...i've heard people complain about that, its actually a feature from the stock rom btw

Sent from my PG06100
23rd February 2013, 05:32 AM   |  #6  
Will32's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 635
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Re: [Q] Screen on/off Mod????
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEpic

Hey comm, i just recently purchased the new commuter otter box and the power button is extremely difficult to push (im also being lazy). I was wondering if there was a mod i missed where i could turn the screen on/off with maybe the volume buttons or maybe the home button? Thanks in advance...

Im running the Goodness Rom 8.0.5

Every rom that I've installed has the ability to wake up with the home button, as far as I can temember.

Also, I have the commuter case like you and was very dissatisfied with how hard the rubber is. It does make it hard to press the power and volume buttons. The good news is that the rubber softens over time and makes it easier to press power. I still cant hear or feel the click of the button when I press but its much easier to press after 2 months of use.
23rd February 2013, 12:07 PM   |  #7  
metalfan78's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Littleton, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,716
 
3,956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Re: [Q] Screen on/off Mod????
I also have the commuter case. I agree that the rubber is too hard but I love the protection. At first I didn't like being able to use the home button to wake the phone, I use it all the time now though.
23rd February 2013, 12:56 PM   |  #8  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,532
 
28,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and help issues go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
24th February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and help issues go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Ha...its like we winning and losing at same damn time right!! O well, there are apps and great devs to cure allll of that!! I just downloaded a screen off app lol. I guess im going to need a lil longer than 2 months now lol
25th February 2013, 06:20 AM   |  #10  
Cbass15's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Franklin, OH
Thanks Meter: 811
 
1,439 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: [Q] Screen on/off Mod????
I know there's an widget where you just press a button and your screen turns off. I used to use it on my old LG Optimus S!!!! Oh those were the terrible gingerbread days..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes