Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

OP preludedrew

20th February 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #671  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW

I suppose the sound issues described above could explain why my alarm clock lights up but emits no sound *sometimes*.

I'm still on the Feb 3 nightly, but I just started having stock alarm clock problems too. Specifically, when the alarm goes off, the screen turns on but there is no sound or vibration. I turned all my volume levels up and tested it again, but it didn't help (and the lack of vibration seems to be an indication of a deeper problem anyways).

After some googling, I decided to force stop + clear data on the Clock app. I then added a new test alarm, and it worked!

The problem is that I'm sure it will get into that state again. Maybe I will upgrade to the latest nightly and hope for the best, but it sucks being 15 minutes late to work

If it happens again, I'll probably try a third-party alarm clock app, as I'd rather not have to clear data on the clock app every night just to be safe
The Following User Says Thank You to HunterZ0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 02:33 AM   |  #672  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterZ0

I'm still on the Feb 3 nightly, but I just started having stock alarm clock problems too. Specifically, when the alarm goes off, the screen turns on but there is no sound or vibration. I turned all my volume levels up and tested it again, but it didn't help (and the lack of vibration seems to be an indication of a deeper problem anyways).

After some googling, I decided to force stop + clear data on the Clock app. I then added a new test alarm, and it worked!

The problem is that I'm sure it will get into that state again. Maybe I will upgrade to the latest nightly and hope for the best, but it sucks being 15 minutes late to work

If it happens again, I'll probably try a third-party alarm clock app, as I'd rather not have to clear data on the clock app every night just to be safe

I think this is having the same issue as Mazwoz 4.2.1 Rom as they come from the same source, but the sounds is routing through the headset speaker, rather than through the speaker phone. Something is toggling it under certain situations. for me when I go from bluetooth in my car to sitting in my office I turn bluetooth off and it routes sound through the earpiece speaker, and then I have to use sound about and click the headset recognition toggle in an app called sound about, or run a music player and toggle it to fix it. Then it is good until the situation with bluetooth or sometimes after completing a phone call. Don't know what to capture when it's happening to help though.
23rd February 2013, 07:52 AM   |  #673  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoo

I think this is having the same issue as Mazwoz 4.2.1 Rom as they come from the same source, but the sounds is routing through the headset speaker, rather than through the speaker phone. Something is toggling it under certain situations. for me when I go from bluetooth in my car to sitting in my office I turn bluetooth off and it routes sound through the earpiece speaker, and then I have to use sound about and click the headset recognition toggle in an app called sound about, or run a music player and toggle it to fix it. Then it is good until the situation with bluetooth or sometimes after completing a phone call. Don't know what to capture when it's happening to help though.

I wonder if it could be triggered by the phone app force close issue?
24th February 2013, 04:38 PM   |  #674  
hondafreak513's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Williamsburg
Thanks Meter: 361
 
1,219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Re: [ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]
Giving this ROM a go around while I wait for a new one..

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #675  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: [ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]
has anyone tried to customize a ROM (ie update battery icons)? I tried tickleMyAndroid but kept running into issues with it. anyone have any other recommendations on tools?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 04:49 AM   |  #676  
hondafreak513's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Williamsburg
Thanks Meter: 361
 
1,219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Re: [ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]
Where is the copy of the 4.2.2 gapps at?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 05:30 AM   |  #677  
Chirpout's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 67
 
206 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Re: [ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafreak513

Where is the copy of the 4.2.2 gapps at?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

There isn't one. The 12/12 version works fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Chirpout For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 06:11 AM   |  #678  
cryptic3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Re: [ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]
Using the 2/20 and my GPS locking on lag seems to have disappeared faster response time. Now the camera still glitchy. I notice hat it glitches when my finger is blocking the lens then moved but the burst mode is a sweet little bonus i really like jelly bean so I'm going to keep it as my daily regardless of the camera glitch. As far as the call force close i cant help my phone isn't in service but i use text plus and use that for my calling and text. The app itself has some issue though

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to cryptic3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #679  
oodork123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 260
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Re: [ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafreak513

Where is the copy of the 4.2.2 gapps at?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012857





Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpout

There isn't one. The 12/12 version works fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium



Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
27th February 2013, 07:47 PM   |  #680  
Member
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludedrew

Haven't posted here in awhile, and I've got 3 other devices to post for tonight so this is gonna be short and updated later.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv releases
Evervolv nightlies


Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

It says GPS is the only thing not working.. Does that mean you got 4G and FFC working?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes