Post Reply

Smelkus recovery vs. TWRP recovery LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

23rd February 2013, 02:42 PM   |  #41  
Chad The Pathfinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,324
 
2,245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: Smelkus recovery vs. TWRP recovery LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.emilio

What's a recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

LOL!
23rd February 2013, 03:06 PM   |  #42  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,079
 
4,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: Smelkus recovery vs. TWRP recovery LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.emilio

What's a recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

A recovery is where you go to get off drugs and alcohol or what ever you are addicted to. All of need a good recovery program so we can get off our phones

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 03:37 PM   |  #43  
Diablo67's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ħ℃ ∃Ṽϴ 4Ḡ
Thanks Meter: 2,765
 
2,709 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

A recovery is where you go to get off drugs and alcohol or what ever you are addicted to. All of need a good recovery program so we can get off our phones

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Hahahahahahahahaha,tooooo funny.
23rd February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #44  
the.emilio's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Northern Mexico... AKA South Central Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,356
 
1,647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Re: Smelkus recovery vs. TWRP recovery LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

A recovery is where you go to get off drugs and alcohol or what ever you are addicted to. All of need a good recovery program so we can get off our phones

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

^ seems legit. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
24th February 2013, 08:37 PM   |  #45  
JM-PDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 62
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipKat

I'd be interested in trying TWRP, and I know that's it's no longer an issue, but the history of bricking in the older version just makes me fearful of it.

TBH, choices is what makes this community so great, and customization is what users want, so the more choices to customize a device to your own liking, the better

I just installed TWRP last night. Yeah, I was a little nervous about the bricking I have heard about.
But, so far so good!
Before this, I was on Smelkus (which is awesome).
TWRP is like a "new toy" on my Evo. So I am enjoying the nice interface.
TWRP also interfaces much better with ROM Manager and ROM Tool Box.

I agree they both have strengths. I do miss the Smelkus "Auto Reboot" after an install is done.

Will stay on TWRP for now.
Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to JM-PDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 09:07 PM   |  #46  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,079
 
4,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM-PDA

I just installed TWRP last night. Yeah, I was a little nervous about the bricking I have heard about.
But, so far so good!
Before this, I was on Smelkus (which is awesome).
TWRP is like a "new toy" on my Evo. So I am enjoying the nice interface.
TWRP also interfaces much better with ROM Manager and ROM Tool Box.

I agree they both have strengths. I do miss the Smelkus "Auto Reboot" after an install is done.

Will stay on TWRP for now.
Cheers!

jm-pda just remember that twrp 2.4.1.0 has the jellybean source so some of your zips will fail to install. I suggest to everyone to either update all your personal zips or downgrade to 2.2.2.0. enjoy your new toy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes