DIY Wallmount TF700

17th January 2013, 07:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
I am working on a wallmount for my TF700 atm, so once entering the door to my apartment i can grab and operate my house automation software with it.

Basically the 3D modell is done in Google Sketchup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wallmount_TF700_00.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1652226

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wallmount_TF700_01.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1652227

Sliced the modell into a back-, mid- and frontplate, and exported it into a dwg-file which you can find in the zip attachment.

TF700 Wallmount.zip

I will use my local carpenter to provide me with the plates and work my way forward from this point. Please be advised i have not had time to cut the plates yet since i am quite busy irl atm.

Some work i still need to finish:

- thin rubberband between the tablet and wood, for easy safe sliding into the wallmount
- charging hole @ the bottom
- the mount system itself, hopefully removeable mayby integrate a kickstand so i can even place it on a table

Questions:

Is there a pin layout for the bottom charging plug, i heared it should also support audio out for external speakers there or can this only be achived by the headphone interface at the side of the tablet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TEmp69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2013, 12:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
well done. looks nice
I would also recommend to cut-out a small piece in the top-middle of the back-plate. This will probably allow you to more easily grasp at the device.
18th January 2013, 01:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 906

3,691 posts
More
Rubber does not make a good slide. I would suggest putting a layer of smooth fabric over the rubber to smoothen it.

Silk or Lycra (Lycra is cheaper) should work. Lycra has a better heat regulation than regular cotton, but normal cotton could work too if you're low on budget.

How will you be attaching it to the wall?
9th February 2013, 09:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 20

193 posts
I like this idea!

What sort of home automation do you use? Something similar to Brighthouse Networks?
24th February 2013, 09:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
I find that a heavy duty felt works very well as a smooth barrier between two objects. Mostly, I've used it to keep my wood furniture from scratching the new floors, but the same principle applies obviously with glass & wood. It provides a good deal of padding beyond just the low friction surface, and it's also super cheap to boot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread