Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DIY Wallmount TF700

Tip us?

TEmp69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Tutorial DIY Wallmount TF700

I am working on a wallmount for my TF700 atm, so once entering the door to my apartment i can grab and operate my house automation software with it.

Basically the 3D modell is done in Google Sketchup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wallmount_TF700_00.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1652226

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wallmount_TF700_01.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1652227

Sliced the modell into a back-, mid- and frontplate, and exported it into a dwg-file which you can find in the zip attachment.

TF700 Wallmount.zip

I will use my local carpenter to provide me with the plates and work my way forward from this point. Please be advised i have not had time to cut the plates yet since i am quite busy irl atm.

Some work i still need to finish:

- thin rubberband between the tablet and wood, for easy safe sliding into the wallmount
- charging hole @ the bottom
- the mount system itself, hopefully removeable mayby integrate a kickstand so i can even place it on a table

Questions:

Is there a pin layout for the bottom charging plug, i heared it should also support audio out for external speakers there or can this only be achived by the headphone interface at the side of the tablet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TEmp69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fredofuchs
Old
Thanks Meter 6
well done. looks nice
I would also recommend to cut-out a small piece in the top-middle of the back-plate. This will probably allow you to more easily grasp at the device.

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 777
Rubber does not make a good slide. I would suggest putting a layer of smooth fabric over the rubber to smoothen it.

Silk or Lycra (Lycra is cheaper) should work. Lycra has a better heat regulation than regular cotton, but normal cotton could work too if you're low on budget.

How will you be attaching it to the wall?
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

incarceration
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I like this idea!

What sort of home automation do you use? Something similar to Brighthouse Networks?

Toastysoul
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I find that a heavy duty felt works very well as a smooth barrier between two objects. Mostly, I've used it to keep my wood furniture from scratching the new floors, but the same principle applies obviously with glass & wood. It provides a good deal of padding beyond just the low friction surface, and it's also super cheap to boot.