Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid DNA Case w/ Built in Charging?

Tip us?

EchoX860
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Droid DNA Case w/ Built in Charging?

Does such a thing exist? The battery life on the DNA is killing me, I am considering trading this back to VZW for the Galaxy S3 since I'm still in my 14 day trial.

Basically I'm looking for a case that you "charge" and doubles as a case and a charger, once the charge on the case runs out, it goes back to the battery.
Current Phone: HTC Thunderbolt 4G
Current ROM: KillaSense 3.2 (Stock 2.1)
Current Kernel: leanKernel 5.0.0

Personal Pet Peeve: When Devs change the look of an App icon or adds their name to the Notification Pulldown

OverDroid5
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
Does such a thing exist? The battery life on the DNA is killing me, I am considering trading this back to VZW for the Galaxy S3 since I'm still in my 14 day trial.

Basically I'm looking for a case that you "charge" and doubles as a case and a charger, once the charge on the case runs out, it goes back to the battery.
Sounds like you have a faulty device. My battery life has been nothing but excellent compared to my Galaxy Nexus. Also, the SGS III is going to get about the same battery life as the DNA.

Download the GSAM Battery app and see what is eating up your battery.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5003313_1.gif

[Current on T-Mobile] Nexus 5
[Retired] Verizon LG G2
[Retired] Verizon HTC Droid DNA
[Retired] Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
[Retired] Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2
[Retired] Verizon HTC Droid Incredible

RKnight1983
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I would also love to find something like this case here http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-p...ro-ip4-org.htm. I am coming from the Rezound myself where I always had 3 Extended batteries with me in case I killed the battery. I do think the DNA gets alot better batery life then the Rezound, however I still have to charge it 3 or 4 times in a day. I would love it if there was a case like this build for the DNA.

OverDroid5
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnight1983 View Post
I would also love to find something like this case here http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-p...ro-ip4-org.htm. I am coming from the Rezound myself where I always had 3 Extended batteries with me in case I killed the battery. I do think the DNA gets alot better batery life then the Rezound, however I still have to charge it 3 or 4 times in a day. I would love it if there was a case like this build for the DNA.
3-4 times a day? May I ask what you're doing that requires that? I can push 13-15 hours off the charger with 5-6 hours of screen time on.

[Retired] Verizon LG G2

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Default Re: Droid DNA Case w/ Built in Charging?

Quote:
Somethings wrong with your phone if you have to charge it 4 times in a day. There aren't enough hours in a day for that to be necessary. Even if you don't sleep and never put your phone down.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigandrewgold For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RKnight1983
Old
Thanks Meter 17

I don't need to charge my phone that often, its just I never like the idea of having by battery below 50% just in case I need to go somewhere spur of the moment where I may not be able to charge my phone either of a wall charger or car charger. I also love to play various games on my phone a lot throughout the day to waste time, play a lot YouTube for my kids, I stream all of my music since there is a huge lack of storage on this device & also have to rely on Dropbox for all of my pictures and videos. I know that I could probably get away with letting my phone go down to around 15% or so and then charging it fully and then go on about my day from there, however I just never know when I may have to leave.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using xda premium.
HTC Device History:
HTC (Wizard) 8125 > HTC (Terra, P4350) Wing > HTC Touch > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Touch Diamond2 > HTC Imagio > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC HD2 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D > HTC Rezound > HTC Droid DNA > HTC One Max

Curent Devices:
HTC ONE MAX ~ Rooted with Flyhalf205's NuSenseSIX
Asus Trasformer Pad TF701t (32GB with Keyboard) ~ Rooted with sbdags's CROMBi-KK
Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 ~ Rooted with Android L Preview
Samsung Galaxy Camera ~ Stock

Balask
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also would like to find a battery case for the HTC DNA similar to PowerSkins Battery Cases. Not because the battery is horrible on the HTC DNA but because I want to put my mind at ease for when I don't have my charger because I'm in a different car and I need to navigate to a place I've never been or something else that takes a lot of power. People see me as a computer geek and as so expect me to be able to whatever on my phone at a moments notice. Which sucks when we are at a checkout and need to use someone elses number for a pin and my battery is dead.

OverDroid5
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balask View Post
I also would like to find a battery case for the HTC DNA similar to PowerSkins Battery Cases. Not because the battery is horrible on the HTC DNA but because I want to put my mind at ease for when I don't have my charger because I'm in a different car and I need to navigate to a place I've never been or something else that takes a lot of power. People see me as a computer geek and as so expect me to be able to whatever on my phone at a moments notice. Which sucks when we are at a checkout and need to use someone elses number for a pin and my battery is dead.
Why don't you just get a small external battery pack?

[Retired] Verizon LG G2

RKnight1983
Old
Thanks Meter 17

This is another reason I want something like this. I always hate tje fact that there are all kinds of accessories like this for the darn iPhone, however there using anything close for android.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using xda premium
HTC Device History:
HTC (Wizard) 8125 > HTC (Terra, P4350) Wing > HTC Touch > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Touch Diamond2 > HTC Imagio > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC HD2 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D > HTC Rezound > HTC Droid DNA > HTC One Max

Curent Devices:
HTC ONE MAX ~ Rooted with Flyhalf205's NuSenseSIX
Asus Trasformer Pad TF701t (32GB with Keyboard) ~ Rooted with sbdags's CROMBi-KK
Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 ~ Rooted with Android L Preview
Samsung Galaxy Camera ~ Stock

KyJelly69
Old
Thanks Meter 116

Quote:
I don't need to charge my phone that often, its just I never like the idea of having by battery below 50% just in case I need to go somewhere spur of the moment where I may not be able to charge my phone either of a wall charger or car charger. I also love to play various games on my phone a lot throughout the day to waste time, play a lot YouTube for my kids, I stream all of my music since there is a huge lack of storage on this device & also have to rely on Dropbox for all of my pictures and videos. I know that I could probably get away with letting my phone go down to around 15% or so and then charging it fully and then go on about my day from there, however I just never know when I may have to leave.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using xda premium.
I don't believe this is the typical way to guage a battery's life span. Basically what you are saying is that you would need to charge your battery from empty twice a day. Given the amount of use put on your phone that is extremely good. That's about 10 hours of screen on time and there are very few phones that come close to that. The note2 being the one exception I can think of off the top of my head. It's not a problem with your phone it's a symptom of how you use it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
Verizon HTC Droid DNA (S-OFF)(Hboot 1.54.0000)(TWRP 2.7.0.0)(Radio 1.01.01.1112) - CodefireX (jamiethemorris 5.6.4)