No registration required

[How-To] All-In-One Guide For Asus Infinity (TF700) [25/03/2013]

OP Pretoriano80

23rd February 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #301  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Seems like you're not on ICS .30 version. Please verify.

Ok maybe my bad but I had the infinity returned from the factory just yesterday with their latest stock JB firmware. So from what I understand, no I'm not on ICS .30. Does this require me to downgrade?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	system.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1754863  
Last edited by F7X; 23rd February 2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Added question
23rd February 2013, 09:24 PM   |  #302  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,617

1,324 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [How-To] All-In-One Guide For Asus Infinity (TF700) [21/10/2012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F7X

Ok maybe my bad but I had the infinity returned from the factory just yesterday with their latest stock JB firmware. So from what I understand, no I'm not on ICS .30. Does this require me to downgrade?

Yes, you have do downgrade to ICS in order to root your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 09:35 PM   |  #303  

5 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80

Yes, you have do downgrade to ICS in order to root your device.

thank you
24th February 2013, 11:07 PM   |  #304  
Flag Thibodaux

4 posts
More
In reference to nvflash: I have read to stay away from .30 because of the inability to reach nvflash properly. I also noticed the date when this was a problem. I am confused because I just bought my Infinity yesterday from Best Buy and my firmware updated as soon as I connected to wifi. So I am confused because mine updated to Build number 9.4.5.26 and Android version 4.0.3. Does this mean I can follow the steps for nvflash?
24th February 2013, 11:21 PM   |  #305  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,503

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dS

In reference to nvflash: I have read to stay away from .30 because of the inability to reach nvflash properly. I also noticed the date when this was a problem. I am confused because I just bought my Infinity yesterday from Best Buy and my firmware updated as soon as I connected to wifi. So I am confused because mine updated to Build number 9.4.5.26 and Android version 4.0.3. Does this mean I can follow the steps for nvflash?

If you are on 9.4.2.26 and don't accept to install any further updates, you can still get your nvflash blobs. After you have saved them, you can update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #306  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 102

510 posts
More
Thumbs up Bad link for Asus firmware-UPDATED. Where to get 9.4.5.30 (ICS 4.0.3)
*** Factory Restore after a softbrick/Downgrade from Jelly Bean to ICS/Clean Factory Restore ***

When You Need This?
* if you get stuck on Asus boot screen (the one with the spinning wheel)
* If you don't like JB and you want ICS back
* if you want to get back to a clean stock firmware
Note: You need to have a working recovery (stock or custom) in order to use this method.

========= Recover /Downgrade from Jelly Bean to ICS/Clean Factory Restore with stock recovery =========

1) Download (THIS LINK IS BAD-SEE BELOW) the latest firmware from Asus site (based os your SKU,eg. ww 9.4.5.26 * to downgrade from Jelly Bean you need the 9.4.5.30 firmware)
2) Extract the .zip file somewere on your desktop (the result will be another .zip file,use it for step 3)
3) Rename the extracted archive to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE.ZIP" (without the " ") and upload it to a MicroSD card
4) Insert the MicroSD card in your tablet and use this button combination to Power ON and go to recovery --> Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire.
At this point the device will go in recovery and should start updating your firmware .

Note: Keep in mind that Windows doesn't show the known file extensions so most users don't have to put the .ZIP extension in the filename.

========= Recover /Downgrade from Jelly Bean to ICS/Clean Factory Restore with custom recovery =========

1) Download (THIS LINK IS GOOD BUT OFFERS NO OS SELECTION-SEE BELOW) the latest firmware from Asus site (based os your SKU,eg. ww 9.4.5.26 * to downgrade from Jelly Bean you need the 9.4.5.30 firmware)
2) Extract the .zip file somewere on your desktop
3)Rename the file to something like "recover.zip" uploade it to the root of your MicroSD card
4) Insert the MicroSD card in your tablet and use this button combination to Power ON and go to recovery --> Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire
5) From the recovery menu press Install and select the "recover.zip" file ...wait until the install process ends and then restart your device.

Note: Keep in mind that Windows doesn't show the known file extensions so most users don't have to put the .zip extension in the filename.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************

HERE IS A VALID DOWNLOAD LINK FOR ASUS FIRMWARE FOR TF700T, ANY OS:

<http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T&p=28&s=1>

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dS

Oh how I wish I could go back to that wonderful state. Got mine at Fry's about a month ago. Being a n00b I had (have) no idea about nvflash, blobs, adb, and barely understood unlock and root. Now on 4.1.1 I can't go back to ICS bootloader nor can I install nvflash to make my device brick proof. So you are in the perfect postion. Do it now and get Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper before you get the OTA or download for 4.1.1.

************************************************** **************************************************
************************************************** **************************************************

Notice: Asus has removed all the old ICS firmwares from their site listing. The above links are valid only for current JB firmware.

You can find 9.4.5.30 (ICS 4.0.3) and others all here on XDA at this link under the "Old Firmwares":

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1946456

If this link breaks, the title and location of the thread at the above link is:

> Asus Transformer TF700 > Transformer TF700 General > INDEX WITH ALL ASUS ORIGINAL TOOLS TF700 - Firmwares - Kernels - Guides

Last edited by elfaure; 1st March 2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Updated info per findings
27th February 2013, 07:13 PM   |  #307  

4 posts
Exclamation
Uhoh. I flashed the 9.4.5.30 firmware from TWRP coming from CleanROM 3.2.1. Now my transformer is stuck with a spinning loading wheel on the Asus boot screen. I also can't seem to boot back into recovery by holding down power and volume down. Help!
28th February 2013, 12:22 AM   |  #308  
Thanks Meter: 1,621

5,434 posts
Re: [How-To] All-In-One Guide For Asus Infinity (TF700) [21/10/2012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogen317

Uhoh. I flashed the 9.4.5.30 firmware from TWRP coming from CleanROM 3.2.1. Now my transformer is stuck with a spinning loading wheel on the Asus boot screen. I also can't seem to boot back into recovery by holding down power and volume down. Help!

Sometime it may take up to 15 min to load. Give it time see what happens!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium
28th February 2013, 12:46 AM   |  #309  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogen317

Performing a factory reset and wiping all cashes right after flashing the rom in TWRP made sure my ICS booted after a couple of times I got stuck at the spinning wheel.
3rd March 2013, 05:12 PM   |  #310  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 267

677 posts
More
hi just got asus infinity, got jb on it. i was wondering if i downgrade to ics can i root and custom recovery and rom without unlock it? i just wanna safe for a month or two not to unlock it.
thanks.After reading all in one guide i tried to root by clicking that batch file,i can go to option 1 and then that windows just disappear nothing happened .no root .weird .
Last edited by gotojanoo; 3rd March 2013 at 05:23 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread