5,599,394 Members 37,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery stuck at 77 percent

Tip us?
 
fl1p1slander
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Battery stuck at 77 percent

My battery is stuck at 77 percent. It still charges fine to 4200 mv and discharges fine to 3200mv. I noticed my battery after I s-off'd and installed the first beast mode boot.img. I ruu'd back to stock but the problem persisted. I've read that battery calibrations do not work for our type of battery. Any help would be much appreciated.
Current Device: AT&T HTC One X

Previous Devices: Motorola Atrix HD | Motorola Atrix 4g | Nokia N97 | Nokia N85 | Nokia N80 | Motorola Slvr | Motorola v555 | Motorola v191 | Nokia 3310
 
jac0b
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 251
Posts: 200
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edgewater, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1p1slander View Post
My battery is stuck at 77 percent. It still charges fine to 4200 mv and discharges fine to 3200mv. I noticed my battery after I s-off'd and installed the first beast mode boot.img. I ruu'd back to stock but the problem persisted. I've read that battery calibrations do not work for our type of battery. Any help would be much appreciated.
I have the same problem with my battery among other issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2159536
 
fl1p1slander
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
I have the same problem with my battery among other issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2159536
Everything that you stated in your thread is happening to my phone, If I find a fix, I'll post it in your thread as well.
Current Device: AT&T HTC One X

Previous Devices: Motorola Atrix HD | Motorola Atrix 4g | Nokia N97 | Nokia N85 | Nokia N80 | Motorola Slvr | Motorola v555 | Motorola v191 | Nokia 3310
 
jac0b
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 251
Posts: 200
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edgewater, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1p1slander View Post
Everything that you stated in your thread is happening to my phone, If I find a fix, I'll post it in your thread as well.
I am glad i'm not the only one.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
I am glad i'm not the only one.
I updated my thread on my status.
 
mirGantrophy
Old
#5  
mirGantrophy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1414
Posts: 2,079
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Re: Battery stuck at 77 percent

Still having the issue? Have you tried draining the battery completely?
Sign up for Copy - Both of us get 5GB extra space - https://copy.com?r=G06tAx

Nexus 5 - RIP in peace
Nexus 4 - Sold
HTC One XL - Dead
HTC Aria - Sold, no clue where it's at now
 
jac0b
Old
(Last edited by jac0b; 24th February 2013 at 10:55 PM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 251
Posts: 200
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edgewater, FL
Default Re: Battery stuck at 77 percent

I will try that but I think I might have to replace my phone today. I think this is shot.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
 
fl1p1slander
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirGantrophy View Post
Still having the issue? Have you tried draining the battery completely?
Yeah. I already tried to drain battery and hoped that it would recharge to 100% overnight and it never did.
Current Device: AT&T HTC One X

Previous Devices: Motorola Atrix HD | Motorola Atrix 4g | Nokia N97 | Nokia N85 | Nokia N80 | Motorola Slvr | Motorola v555 | Motorola v191 | Nokia 3310
 
Venomtester
Old
#8  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 624
Posts: 822
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1p1slander View Post
Yeah. I already tried to drain battery and hoped that it would recharge to 100% overnight and it never did.
Have you tried wiping the battery stats in recovery?
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.4 EX 5.0
 
fl1p1slander
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester View Post
Have you tried wiping the battery stats in recovery?
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.4 EX 5.0
I am pretty sure there is no option to do so in TWRP and also in CWM that rohan made.
Current Device: AT&T HTC One X

Previous Devices: Motorola Atrix HD | Motorola Atrix 4g | Nokia N97 | Nokia N85 | Nokia N80 | Motorola Slvr | Motorola v555 | Motorola v191 | Nokia 3310
 
Venomtester
Old
#10  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 624
Posts: 822
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1p1slander View Post
I am pretty sure there is no option to do so in TWRP and also in CWM that rohan made.
Well that sucks lol. What about fully charging the phone to 100 percent, flash rom, then letting the phone run till it dies. Then recharge to see if that clears it?
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.4 EX 5.0

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more