Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.4.0 [27/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroid

Tip us?

charlieb620
Old
(Last edited by charlieb620; 24th February 2013 at 10:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1928
Complete waste of time.

Every time i attempt to do something my screen blacks out.

You ask for testers for other builds but when it comes to the i717 users you turn down a helping hand.

This rom is useless.

Don't flash it.

Period.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlieb620 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pTeronaut
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily View Post
Yeeeeeah i had major flicker. .........i didnt even bother. Ill check back when this rom has its flicker fixed

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620 View Post
Complete waste of time.

Every time i attempt to do something my screen blacks out.

You ask for testers for other builds but when it comes to the i717 users you turn down a helping hand.

This rom is useless.

Don't flash it.

Period.
Agreed. Flicker so bad, that I couldn't get to settings to turn MTP on so that my PC could get at the build.prop, disabling HW overlays made the flickering worse.

I also have noticed, that they have made no attempt to correct the flicker in the boot animation either.
[This space for rent]

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1426
Default Re: [ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.3.0 [24/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroi

Everyone needs to lighten up on the OP.....he didn't build this ROM.

OK, I finally used the fix and got the black flashing off.....except for that little overlay screen. But then I discovered all of my APN options were gone....so, no phone.

Right now, I'm back to Flapps latest build. Like I said before, igio responded quickly to the 6.1 bugs so hopefully he will do the same here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Sent from my rooted i527.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dparrothead1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crutzulee
Old
Thanks Meter 264
I for one would like to thank the makers of jellybam for at least continuing to try and keep our phones current. Their 4.1.2 ROM has been my daily driver since it came out and it has been a very stable performer for me. It has put me in a position where I am in no great rush to upgrade.

I would also really like to thank the OP of this thread for providing a place for the brave early adopters of this new ROM to share their experiences so that guys like me can read about and decide whether or not to take the next leap. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences!!!!

But, I would like to reserve my biggest thanks for the Jimmy Buffet fan who finally showed me a way to eliminate the useless chatter of a couple of guys who seem to think they are self appointed mods. Jesus, the number of times I have wished for an unthanks button due to unhelpful finger wagging posts of these two magpies....PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crutzulee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Good post Crutzulee.

I am conflicted about this update. I'm really happy that they continue to work and share. At the same time I am a little sad\angry that they released something that is unusable due to the flicker. (And I don't even know what other issues there may be, if any, because it is next to impossible to use or test.) I do agree with the majority who believe we need to be patient and keep the faith.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.

jshinn1
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Tried it loved all of the options so cant wait till the flicker issues are fixed seems like it wasnt to bad but as soon as you touch the screen....BOOOM flicker crazy lol great work though implementing all this stuff together I think its still amazing how they are supporting all these devices at once.

unibomber
Old
Thanks Meter 27
The fact that from what I can see is 2 devs working on jellybam for like 15 phones is a feat in it self. I don't see why there is complaining. You try the ROM, it doesn't work, put the old one back on. That's what backup and restore is for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unibomber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JEZZEJAMEZ
Old
Thanks Meter 479
Default Re: [ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.3.0 [24/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparrothead1 View Post
Everyone needs to lighten up on the OP.....he didn't build this ROM.

OK, I finally used the fix and got the black flashing off.....except for that little overlay screen. But then I discovered all of my APN options were gone....so, no phone.

Right now, I'm back to Flapps latest build. Like I said before, igio responded quickly to the 6.1 bugs so hopefully he will do the same here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
X2, im late to party. Agree.. This is fixable. I was the second post and very first download, my download worked but flicker haha this was like blinking every second. ( not stable) but after combination of the few suggestions it's tolerable. I'm combing through trying things I will post back if some combination works.

Thanks op .

BlAK ★ X
$@KH○u$ D

OPGT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 160
Added Screenshots!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OPGT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Teufel Hunden
Old
Thanks Meter 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPGT View Post
Added Screenshots!!
Looks great, now to get it running correctly

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe