Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 44,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] *Unofficial* AOKP 4.2.2 Milestone 1 [Apr-18-13]

Tip us?
 
phoenix_rizzen
Old
#81  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 495
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: [ROM] *Unofficial* AOKP 4.2.1 [Jan-27-13]

Volume keys are reversed. Didn't notice until now. Lol.

Sent via the magic of an Optimus G (E971) running AOKP (Android 4.2.1).
 
Haze028
Old
#82  
Haze028's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 449
Posts: 413
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
Volume keys are reversed. Didn't notice until now. Lol.

Sent via the magic of an Optimus G (E971) running AOKP (Android 4.2.1).
Which version are you running? either way, you should be able to correct that in the /system/usr/keylayout/keypad_8064.kl.... just switch the two in that file.

Thanks for the positive comments, new build with cap keys and nfc should be out soon, havn't had time to work on it at all...having an issue with storage.
 
phoenix_rizzen
Old
#83  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 495
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze028 View Post
Which version are you running? either way, you should be able to correct that in the /system/usr/keylayout/keypad_8064.kl.... just switch the two in that file.
The lastest version from the OP, with houstonn's capacitive keys+NFC .zip from the AOSP thread.

Ah ha! That worked. Edited the file in ES Explorer with /system mounted RW, rebooted, and the volume keys are back to normal. THANKS!

Quote:
Thanks for the positive comments, new build with cap keys and nfc should be out soon, havn't had time to work on it at all...having an issue with storage.
No problem, it's a great ROM, and running extremely well for me. I'm actually at the point where I'm not constantly checking for updates. Although I am considering configuring my laptop to allow me to play with the AOKP source tree ...
 
Haze028
Old
#84  
Haze028's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 449
Posts: 413
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
No problem, it's a great ROM, and running extremely well for me. I'm actually at the point where I'm not constantly checking for updates. Although I am considering configuring my laptop to allow me to play with the AOKP source tree ...
You should. This is my first rom, and i've only been at it since cm10 was put out by chadouming. I'm by no means a dev, just found i could build it and it ran well, so i shared. It's an addicting thing to get into, be forwarnd :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Haze028 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Natas82
Old
#85  
Natas82's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Default Re: [ROM] *Unofficial* AOKP 4.2.1 [Jan-27-13]

Just wondering if the lights work for the cap keys, just downloading this ROM now.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
HTC One - S-OFF - Skydragon Rom
 
phoenix_rizzen
Old
#86  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 495
Join Date: Aug 2011
Read the thread. Especially 1 page back where I explain how to get cap keys working.

Yeesh! Youngsters these days. No patience. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix_rizzen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Natas82
Old
#87  
Natas82's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Default Re: [ROM] *Unofficial* AOKP 4.2.1 [Jan-27-13]

Hey guys I tried the build prop fix to get rid of the onscreen keys

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

But they still appear after reboot, not sure what to try any ideas?

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
HTC One - S-OFF - Skydragon Rom
 
phoenix_rizzen
Old
(Last edited by phoenix_rizzen; 27th February 2013 at 02:38 AM.)
#88  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 495
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: [ROM] *Unofficial* AOKP 4.2.1 [Jan-27-13]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natas82 View Post
Hey guys I tried the build prop fix to get rid of the onscreen keys

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

But they still appear after reboot, not sure what to try any ideas?

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
Seriously? Like I just told the one above, read the thread. It's only 90-odd posts. Lol.

I posted how to remove the nav bar a page, maybe two back.

Sent via the magic of an Optimus G (E971) running AOKP (Android 4.2.1).
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix_rizzen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Natas82
Old
(Last edited by Natas82; 27th February 2013 at 03:11 AM.)
#89  
Natas82's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Default Re: [ROM] *Unofficial* AOKP 4.2.1 [Jan-27-13]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
Seriously? Like I just told the one above, read the thread. Lol. I posted how to remove the nav bar a page, maybe two back.

Sent via the magic of an Optimus G (E971) running AOKP (Android 4.2.1).
I just said I tried that... I have read your post. And my original question wasn't answered in your post because nowhere does it say if the capacitive key lights worked. (I found that in the thread link for the fix) Seriously?! I'm just asking questions, which wasn't answered yet as far as I had figured. I always skim through the forums especially when using a new ROM, but I am human and do miss things.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Edit: I confused myself as usual, I thought you meant to change the build prop edit to 0, now I realize it is in the ROM settings, thank you for finding these great fixes. It confused me because I saw the link to the build prop fix still and I thought you meant it was for that.
HTC One - S-OFF - Skydragon Rom
 
taylorheaps
Old
#90  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 82
Join Date: Dec 2012
[QUOTE=Haze028;38462306]Which version are you running? either way, you should be able to correct that in the /system/usr/keylayout/keypad_8064.kl.... just switch the two in that file.

ummmm what do you mean by 2? you mean put a two in the 8064?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes