Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 44,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What keyboard to you use?
Swiftkey 27 32.93%
AOSP keyboard 26 31.71%
Note 2 8 9.76%
other 21 25.61%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] Dandroid 5.2 [4.3 TW] [AOSP KK 4.4 Theme] 02/20/14

Tip us?

cuzmonote
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 TW (Fast - stable - ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idyar View Post
We took out the stock video and file explorer on purpose to force people to try mx player and es file explorer. I think we will just put them back in the next version but seriously they are incredibly terrible and shouldn't be used in any circumstances
QFT couldn't said it any better

Wasting my time on tapatalk

Hayzie
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I have Root Explorer, but one time my phone wanted to look for files and it would only have My Files as the one to select. I know because I had deleted it because since I had RE, but flashed the rom again to have My Files back in place in order to select it. I don't know why TW is picky and only chooses it's system apps.

Unless whatever replaces My Files is able to be selected in those moments, then I say it's fine to replace it. I don't know, that's why I like everything stock to remain.
T-Moble G1 (black)
MyTouch 3G Slide (black) / 8gb/no ext.

Samsung Galaxy S III (titanium); rom = Dandroid 7,094.23.1.1.00101
Portal boot animation created by me (yay, i contribute!)

*you're

rener78
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 TW (Fast - stable - ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idyar View Post
We took out the stock video and file explorer on purpose to force people to try mx player and es file explorer. I think we will just put them back in the next version but seriously they are incredibly terrible and shouldn't be used in any circumstances

Es file replaces the stock one perfectly. Whenever something asks for a file it is one of the options
Thanks for the reply, mxplayer that's what I usually use and as for the file explorer I use root explorer, just suggested a file explorer in order to be able to re install my regular apps instead of downloading one file explorer on the market and then removing it.

Thanks again

whatsitsnamenow
Old
Thanks Meter 87

Actually "My File" does have it's upside. It is the only file explorer that automatically launches when you plug in an external drive (same way Windows open file command when you plug in a usb drive).
I use otg usb drive all the time and I find very useful.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Danvdh
Old
(Last edited by Danvdh; 24th February 2013 at 10:13 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11,314

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsitsnamenow View Post
Actually "My File" does have it's upside. It is the only file explorer that automatically launches when you plug in an external drive (same way Windows open file command when you plug in a usb drive).
I use otg usb drive all the time and I find very useful.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
blah

lol, ill put it in there for you next build.

for now get what you need here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1969991
If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated

Need help? Follow me on twitter and I will answer any ROM or Android questions.

Lotagu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How do I flash your rom?

1. Do I have to be Rooted?
2. I have downloaded the rom and MMS Zip.

I cant seem to flash using Odin, what am I missing?

Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh View Post
Touchwiz
Dandroid v2.6 LL1 - For use with all T999 devices! by Danvdh and Idyar
Blandroid v2.4 LL1 (Stock look, theme friendly) - For use with all T999 devices! (See 2nd post)

If you follow the installation instructions in full, I can assure you this will be one of the smoothest and most dependable android experiences you can have without losing touchwiz functionality

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information

This ROM based on official LL1, This is the latest official build for the North American Galaxy s3 (d2att, d2can) from Samsung. I use it as my daily driver and all features work 100%, there is NOTHING broken on this rom. Using the provided rom and kernel provides me 3.5 hours or so of screen time on a single charge and a very smooth dependable android experience, I hope you enjoy it folks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features
  • LL1 base (LATEST official version from Samsung, released in late December)
  • Rooted
  • Busybox
  • Deodexed
  • Zip aligned
  • AOSP Themed completely (including remaining touchwiz app's)
  • 23 toggle mod
  • 1% Battery mod
  • 4 way reboot menu
  • Hold menu to kill app
  • Hold volume up/down to skip tracks
  • Bluetooth/WIFI Tether/Instant GPS lock's
  • Network mode in settings for Canadian users to quickly toggle between H, H+ and LTE (doesn't effect AT&T)
  • 4.2.1 AOSP keyboard, email and clock replacing samsung's out of date, memory hogging apps
  • S-Planner (Delete if you do not like, This one's actually good!!!!! WOW, also you can get google calendar straight from the market if you like)
  • Note 2 Gallery
  • Flash Support
  • Pop up browser (opens Chrome on expand)
  • AOSP Email
  • AOSP system sounds
  • optional AOSP MMS (working perfectly)
  • Ktoonsez 02/19 latest kernel (if your sticking with the provided ktoonsez kernel, rename qosmgr in system/bin to qosmgr.bak after installation or use another kernel if you would like)
  • OC/UC/UV customization
  • OTA updater (Check back for details, but support is in the buld.prop now)
  • Build.prop tweaks for battery life
  • more tweaks for battery life & performance
  • Init.d edits for performance/battery
  • init.d script's enabled (for dev's)
  • Nova launcher
  • Debloated

Installation instructions

Reboot into recovery and make a nandroid backup
Wipe Data/Factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
flash rom
reboot

Optional AOSP MMS:
Reboot and flash the zip provided for AOSP MMS, or skip this step if your content with TW mms (both work perfectly here, user has the choice) Idyar and myself prefer the AOSP MMS so we recommend flashing this after first reboot.

if your sticking with the provided ktoonsez kernel, rename qosmgr in system/bin to qosmgr.bak after installation or use another kernel if you would like
- Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, Make sure you mount the system as read/write in settings. if you have any questions, just ask.

Notes

- Please use the provided ktweaker to set your cpu settings. I recommend Intellidemand/noop or intellidemand/sio, Kt's kernel is very good but if your going to use it, make sure you rename qosmanager to qosmanager.bak in system/bin to prevent battery drain.

- Stock kernel zip located here - I do not recommend this, the stock kernel is 20+ linux revisions behind the current custom kernels

- Network mode is enabled on this rom, make sure you enter your correct apn information and choose LTE/WCDMA/GSM/AUTO in network mode.

- Google wallet will work on this rom if you go here and set it up properly

- T-Mobile WIFI calling does not work on non-t-mobile base rom's

- If you would like to revert AOSP mms after an install, simply flash this (Loserskater is the man, without him, there would be no AOSP mms on touchwiz)

- If we debloated something you need (Video player, my files etc) please go here to get what you need

- If you need svoice, flash this (this will fix home button for users who use zero screen security, (working as intended, blame Samsung)

Changelog

Dandroid v2.6 2/20/2013
-23 Toggle mod updates
-Updated Kernel (02/19 ktoonsez)
-Long press menu to kill app
-Theme improvements
-In call dial pad now themed
-Some other minor fixes in build.prop
-AOSP system sounds

Dandroid v2.5 2/12/2013
-23 Toggle mod (fully AOSP themed)
-Note 2 gallery
-Full Flash support (v11.1.115.36)
-Removed AOSP calendar and added s-planner back into rom (download google calendar from the market if you like the aosp one)
- Removed "Home screen mode" in setting menu
-init.d scripts enabled (for dev's)
-General AOSP Theme improvements
-OTA updater intergreted in build.prop but not forced in system, you have the choice to install goo.im for OTA updates but they will not be forced upon you on Dandroid.
-Full APN support for all carriers

Dandroid v2.4 2/9/2013
- Rebuilt from base, a clean start
-1% battery icon (we will have zip's for different battery icon's, be patient)
- updated kernel ktoonsez 2/7/13 latest
- fixed stock browser
- pop up browser 100% working, (opens chrome)
- Blocking Mode no longer in notification window nor ongoing
- Debloated Music FX, video player
- build.prop reworked
- AOSP email 100% working
- TW mms is properly themed, 100% working. if you would like aosp mms (which I use), you just need to flash a zip after your first reboot

Dandroid v2.3 2/6/2013
-Added 4-way reboot menu
-Hold volume up/down to skip tracks
-cleaned up lidroid toggles
-removed the clunky brightness slider (use the toggle)
-fixed a few minor thing here and there
-first build working together with Idyar to produce faster updates

Dandroid v2.2 2/3/2013
-Completed AOSP Theme (including remaining touchwiz apps)
-Cleaned up the build.prop file
-Added google talk back into ROM
-debloated the stock browser (no one should be using this crap anyway)
-minor fixes, you will notice this is about as smooth as it gets now

Dandroid v2.1 1/29/2013
- Baked ktoonsez TW kernel into rom, this includes ktweaker (rename qosmgr in system/lib to qosmgr.bak if your sticking with this kernel)
- AOSP MMS framework updates
- A few minor fixes here and there

Credits

Idyar - My partner on this project, Couldn't get some of these features out as quick without him!

Theme - WasabiWa83, Vertumus, raubkatze, Google
Kernel - Ktoonsez http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1756776
loserskater- hold volume to skip tracks, AOSP MMS
Wanam - 23 toggle mod
he_stheone64 - 1% battery mod
dsixda - for the android kitchen I used to bake this ROM
Jamison, Cristiano Matos - Hold menu to kill
upndwn4par - for his t-mobile porting guide
Chainfire - Root

Download
AOSP MMS for Dandroid 2.6 - flash this after your first reboot if you would like AOSP mms instead of TW mms *optional*
Dandroid v2.6 T-Mobile T999 (d2tmo) 511MB

if your sticking with the provided ktoonsez kernel, rename qosmgr in system/bin to qosmgr.bak after installation or use another kernel if you would like
- Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, Make sure you mount the system as read/write in settings. if you have any questions, just ask.

LoopDoGG79
Old
Thanks Meter 1,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotagu View Post
How do I flash your rom?

Lou
First, please don't ever quote the OP, absolutely no need for that, second, you have to flash thru a custom recovery. I prefer TWRP 2.4.1.0

Sent from the phalanges of my hand to the facet of your cranium.
MY SIG

Phone SM-N900T
Rom STOCK
Baseband version UVUCNB
Recovery STOCK
Kernel STOCK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3
The Following User Says Thank You to LoopDoGG79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cuzmonote
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotagu View Post
How do I flash your rom?

Lou
Read read read and read again... Don't want to sound like a jerk... But you should already know what to do before attempting to flash a custom rom.

Read the stickies and tutorials

Wasting my time on tapatalk

SyntekSystems
Old
(Last edited by SyntekSystems; 25th February 2013 at 06:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
I wanted to report a bug I just recently ran into.

One of the things I loved about this phone was the ability of the phone not vibrating during a call for anything. I'd still hear the notification sound through the speaker, which was fine, but vibration was turned off. With this rom, however, my phone vibrates now during a call. I've narrowed it down to a setting under Call settings > Call Alert > Alerts on call.

The box is unchecked. However, when I checked it, the phone no longer vibrates during a call and instead does a chime for a SMS.

I thought it was suppose to be reversed? Not sure what's going on but for now I have it checked on. I just found it extremely odd that when it's unchecked the phone vibrated for SMS.

Another interesting thing is that it ONLY does it for SMS. If I got a message through online, facebook, or kik, the phone would NOT vibrate, in fact it won't even notify me at all. But If I turn off the setting the phone vibrates and notifies me for everything going on. The glitch only occurs with SMS. I'm not sure if it's something on my end but i'd like to get that fixed.

frettfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by strippedman View Post
Here are my battery stats for 2.6. In case you're curious here are some notes about my usage:

~3 hours of screen time
Texting, listening to music (non streaming), a couple of phone calls, and social networking are what I did most often.
Phone was on WiFi a majority of the time.
I put the phone in airplane mode before bed so for about 8 hours it was in hardcore standby.
I'm on Faux Kernel (the 100% stable one)
I'm using the stock battery
Brightness was set to automatic
I have several email accounts (7 altogether) all set to push.
I used the camera a few times but mostly without flash
I am not on T-Mobile, I am on Straight Talk with an AT&T SIM card

Great ROM here, folks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Curious what governor and io scheduler ur using with faux and if you altered stock voltages? Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Also have a question... Installed the aosp mms mod but now can't send anything from that app. Messages will go out of my gosms app though.

After I installed the mod, Then restored a smsbackup of my messages but have used this app 1000 times without problems. Any ideas? I could just start with a fresh install of the rom and mod but hoping for a work around. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
If i helped you please hit the thanks button

Model: T-mobile LG G3
ROM:
Kernel: