Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 44,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2 amp car charger?

Tip us?

Coderedpl
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: 2 amp car charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedpl View Post
Found it and purchased it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1043wt_1397

Going to wait for it to come and see if its better than my motorola charger
Got it today. I had WiFi on, full brightness, and GPS with Waze navigation running on my trip to work. I started off with 76% battery and i wanted to see if i will drop or raise. Needless to say, it raised without issue and rather quick. This one is a keeper.
Wish they included 2 cables for usb though so I can use one dedicated for the home charger

Gahh Its Lee
Old
Thanks Meter 262

Quote:
Got it today. I had WiFi on, full brightness, and GPS with Waze navigation running on my trip to work. I started off with 76% battery and i wanted to see if i will drop or raise. Needless to say, it raised without issue and rather quick. This one is a keeper.
Wish they included 2 cables for usb though so I can use one dedicated for the home charger
Any info on how close the car part is to the stock charger?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Just relax its a forum not real life.

Coderedpl
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahh Its Lee View Post
Any info on how close the car part is to the stock charger?

You mean how fast it charges?
I'm not sure but it was rather quick, if i dont forget i'll try and do a quick measurement of how long it takes to get between two %'s

Gahh Its Lee
Old
Thanks Meter 262

Quote:
I'm not sure but it was rather quick, if i dont forget i'll try and do a quick measurement of how long it takes to get between two %'s
Yea pretty much what I meant thanks. I keep buying chargers and apparently I go ham on my phone because "fast charge" to some people means slowly dying to me.

Just relax its a forum not real life.

nctuan03
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsideDownAce View Post
So, I know the Note 2 uses a 2 amp charger. Are there any good car chargers that can output in 2 amps? I currently am using a Motorola one, and I think it's just 1 amp. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Check out monoprice. It's a great website that sell quality stuff for cheap!

loktite
Old
Thanks Meter 22

Quote:
If you get time , please try out battery monitor widget and let us know the estimated positive value when its charging in car. On Sammy wall charger I get 1600-1800, but the 2a car chargers I've tried only register near 1000.

Thanks!

Coderedpl
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahh Its Lee View Post
Yea pretty much what I meant thanks. I keep buying chargers and apparently I go ham on my phone because "fast charge" to some people means slowly dying to me.

Been using this charger with navigation on, full brightness and bluetooth + wifi on. It charged without issue and held it there. Didn't show any signs of dying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loktite View Post
If you get time , please try out battery monitor widget and let us know the estimated positive value when its charging in car. On Sammy wall charger I get 1600-1800, but the 2a car chargers I've tried only register near 1000.

Thanks!
I'll try and remember to check.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coderedpl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dms76
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Somewhere I read that the Galaxy Tab 2.0 uses the same charger specs as our GN2. I found a Samsung OEM car Charger Samsung Galaxy Tab Detachable Car Charger with USB to 30 Pin Data Cable . It say's Samsung on the side at 5v 2000ma and puts the phone into AC charge mode.

Here are the results:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24-08-17-58.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1757550
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24-08-18-12.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1757551
As you can see I have the about 8% for 10 minutes which seems decent to me.
I also ordered on of these to try ReVIVE Series DualFLUX DC to USB Rapid Car Charger

Any thoughts on both choices?
Note: I am NO expert by any means, thanks goes to those who are
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dms76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Coderedpl
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME

Turns out I was trying the wrong app. just downloaded battery monitor the going to try and see results later
The Following User Says Thank You to Coderedpl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rolindadice64
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDubbin View Post
what kit are you getting?

After all these pages of reading i think i'm going to go this route, will probably be the most reliable.
i purchased this one.
LINK.

it's very small and compact. took me 10 minutes total to tap it into the cigarette lighter of my car and have everything back in and tucked away. works like a charm and charges the device even while listening to pandora and using navigation.

The Following User Says Thank You to rolindadice64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]