Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

2 amp car charger?

OP UpsideDownAce

21st February 2013, 03:54 AM   |  #251  
Senior Member
Flag Valley Stream, NY
Thanks Meter: 110
 
1,443 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Donate to Me
More
Re: 2 amp car charger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedpl

Found it and purchased it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1043wt_1397

Going to wait for it to come and see if its better than my motorola charger

Got it today. I had WiFi on, full brightness, and GPS with Waze navigation running on my trip to work. I started off with 76% battery and i wanted to see if i will drop or raise. Needless to say, it raised without issue and rather quick. This one is a keeper.
Wish they included 2 cables for usb though so I can use one dedicated for the home charger
21st February 2013, 07:06 AM   |  #252  
Gahh Its Lee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 262
 
2,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Re: 2 amp car charger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedpl

Got it today. I had WiFi on, full brightness, and GPS with Waze navigation running on my trip to work. I started off with 76% battery and i wanted to see if i will drop or raise. Needless to say, it raised without issue and rather quick. This one is a keeper.
Wish they included 2 cables for usb though so I can use one dedicated for the home charger

Any info on how close the car part is to the stock charger?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 07:49 AM   |  #253  
Senior Member
Flag Valley Stream, NY
Thanks Meter: 110
 
1,443 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahh Its Lee

Any info on how close the car part is to the stock charger?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

You mean how fast it charges?
I'm not sure but it was rather quick, if i dont forget i'll try and do a quick measurement of how long it takes to get between two %'s
21st February 2013, 07:56 AM   |  #254  
Gahh Its Lee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 262
 
2,567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Re: 2 amp car charger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedpl

You mean how fast it charges?
I'm not sure but it was rather quick, if i dont forget i'll try and do a quick measurement of how long it takes to get between two %'s

Yea pretty much what I meant thanks. I keep buying chargers and apparently I go ham on my phone because "fast charge" to some people means slowly dying to me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 10:43 PM   |  #255  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsideDownAce

So, I know the Note 2 uses a 2 amp charger. Are there any good car chargers that can output in 2 amps? I currently am using a Motorola one, and I think it's just 1 amp. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check out monoprice. It's a great website that sell quality stuff for cheap!
21st February 2013, 11:30 PM   |  #256  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Re: 2 amp car charger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedpl

You mean how fast it charges?
I'm not sure but it was rather quick, if i dont forget i'll try and do a quick measurement of how long it takes to get between two %'s

If you get time , please try out battery monitor widget and let us know the estimated positive value when its charging in car. On Sammy wall charger I get 1600-1800, but the 2a car chargers I've tried only register near 1000.

Thanks!
23rd February 2013, 05:41 PM   |  #257  
Senior Member
Flag Valley Stream, NY
Thanks Meter: 110
 
1,443 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahh Its Lee

Yea pretty much what I meant thanks. I keep buying chargers and apparently I go ham on my phone because "fast charge" to some people means slowly dying to me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Been using this charger with navigation on, full brightness and bluetooth + wifi on. It charged without issue and held it there. Didn't show any signs of dying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loktite

If you get time , please try out battery monitor widget and let us know the estimated positive value when its charging in car. On Sammy wall charger I get 1600-1800, but the 2a car chargers I've tried only register near 1000.

Thanks!

I'll try and remember to check.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coderedpl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 08:09 PM   |  #258  
Senior Member
Flag Akron, OH
Thanks Meter: 35
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Somewhere I read that the Galaxy Tab 2.0 uses the same charger specs as our GN2. I found a Samsung OEM car Charger Samsung Galaxy Tab Detachable Car Charger with USB to 30 Pin Data Cable . It say's Samsung on the side at 5v 2000ma and puts the phone into AC charge mode.

Here are the results:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24-08-17-58.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1757550
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-24-08-18-12.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1757551
As you can see I have the about 8% for 10 minutes which seems decent to me.
I also ordered on of these to try ReVIVE Series DualFLUX DC to USB Rapid Car Charger

Any thoughts on both choices?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dms76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #259  
Senior Member
Flag Valley Stream, NY
Thanks Meter: 110
 
1,443 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Donate to Me
More
Re: 2 amp car charger?
Turns out I was trying the wrong app. just downloaded battery monitor the going to try and see results later
The Following User Says Thank You to Coderedpl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 07:43 AM   |  #260  
rolindadice64's Avatar
Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 5
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDubbin

what kit are you getting?

After all these pages of reading i think i'm going to go this route, will probably be the most reliable.

i purchased this one.
LINK.

it's very small and compact. took me 10 minutes total to tap it into the cigarette lighter of my car and have everything back in and tucked away. works like a charm and charges the device even while listening to pandora and using navigation.

The Following User Says Thank You to rolindadice64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes