Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from beanstown106: Alliance Rom Build 26 is Now Live!!

★☞ [Rom][4.3] AllianceRom - Build 26 THE Most Customisable TW ROM On ANY Device [04/27/14][Aroma][MJ9] ☜★

Tip us?

guthrien
Old
(Last edited by guthrien; 24th February 2013 at 09:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 160
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly'Beans' - Build 10 [02/21/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin View Post
I installed the 720 YouTube in aroma when I installed build 10 however the stock app just got an update with some pretty cool features, can I just delete the YouTube I have and install the stock or do I need to re flash?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
You can just delete it, but remember it's installed as a system app so use an appropriate program and reboot afterward.

I really like the Floating YouTube app that's out there for this phone but it requires stock YouTube as well, I had to change it.
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon; Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
The Following User Says Thank You to guthrien For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilpharaoh2003
Old
Thanks Meter 10
hey i am having a similar issue as above i installed samsung messaging app in aroma but didnt account for the fact it didnt have the reply or quick call options like the asop messaging does. how can I fix this? I would rather not start over and i am looking in the rom folder for the apk but no idea which one it is can yall help me out?

heatpipe
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly'Beans' - Build 10 [02/21/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpharaoh2003 View Post
hey i am having a similar issue as above i installed samsung messaging app in aroma but didnt account for the fact it didnt have the reply or quick call options like the asop messaging does. how can I fix this? I would rather not start over and i am looking in the rom folder for the apk but no idea which one it is can yall help me out?
You could simply dirty flash and simply change the messaging option. I highly suggest trying out Glowfly in the app store for SMS popups.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heatpipe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JBeXX
Old
Thanks Meter 450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Best way would probably be to just dirty flash the rom and select the aosp in aroma (remember that switching to aosp will delete your sms and mms so be sure to back up). I think I remember back when the aosp messaging was implemented there are a few other files needed besides the mms.apk so it might be risky to sideload it.

Ninja'd!!! But I also really like glowfly. I use aosp and still use it because of the theme-able pop up reply.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBeXX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilpharaoh2003
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeXX View Post
Best way would probably be to just dirty flash the rom and select the aosp in aroma (remember that switching to aosp will delete your sms and mms so be sure to back up). I think I remember back when the aosp messaging was implemented there are a few other files needed besides the mms.apk so it might be risky to sideload it.

Ninja'd!!! But I also really like glowfly. I use aosp and still use it because of the theme-able pop up reply.
how would i go about dirty flashing this because i just switched over to twrp and am more used to cwm. would i just wipe system and cache and dv cache? then flash as normal?

JBeXX
Old
Thanks Meter 450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
how would i go about dirty flashing this because i just switched over to twrp and am more used to cwm. would i just wipe system and cache and dv cache? then flash as normal?
yes, wipe exactly what you just mentioned then reselect what you like in aroma
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBeXX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilpharaoh2003
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeXX View Post
yes, wipe exactly what you just mentioned then reselect what you like in aroma
thanks for the help!! Love this rom only one that fully actually works tried rootbox n all that too many features but not all fully functional! would love to see some nav bar and some nav ring action then this bad boy is complete!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpharaoh2003 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lukegman
Old
(Last edited by lukegman; 24th February 2013 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBxxx View Post
Starnge. This is the only rom that doesnt play nice with one of my chargers. The light is on and it says that its charging but doesn't. Weird stuff. Since beans 8 or 9 been like that and now 10.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
wondering how many people with swap have charging issues?...i came from a rooted Droid charge and I was noticing charging issues after we got swap... but swap came with a new kernel...also the charging issue is not phone specific... the Droid charge kernel had it as an option from imnutz but he never activated it... we got it after another developer made it work after an ota update... maybe there is a story there?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

E30Nova
Old
(Last edited by E30Nova; 24th February 2013 at 11:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
I just noticed when I connect my phone to my laptop, it makes the connected sound and it says it's charging, but I don't get the message/icon in the notifications pulldown that says it's connected as a media device. I've gone through the settings and can't find anything related to connecting to a computer. I've rebooted the phone and it still doesn't say that it's connected.

Help?

EDIT: Did some googling and saw people mentioning Kies. I chose not to install that, so I'm assuming I'm gonna have to reflash with it so I can connect to my computer again.
Evo 4G - retired
Galaxy Note 2 - gone
HTC One (M8) - current daily driver

chelper
Old
Thanks Meter 21

I've noticed that google voice typing isn't working. I use it when texting sometimes. Anyone know if it is supposed to be working?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium