Thread Closed

[Q] iPhone users. What do you miss?

21st January 2013, 08:57 PM   |  #201  
Thanks Meter: 41

249 posts
Re: [Q] iPhone users. What do you miss?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaricloud

I have, yes. I love that feature a lot and it helps, but any time I'm not looking right at it is the issue. Not a deal breaker by any means, just something i have to get used to. I'm still kinda in shock over the stark difference and don't really care about the screen issue all that much haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

I'm with you, this phone is amazing. I was an Apple fan from the release of the first iPhone, but the Note 2 is so much more. There are little things I miss, but nothing that could make me go back.

Apple innovated in the beginning, but failed to evolve. Without huge changes, I will never go back. Probably buy an android tablet next, if I ever feel the need for one again.

24th February 2013, 12:38 PM   |  #202  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Great thread.

I will miss iOS , it was perfect for my requirements, simple and fluid. ( Not saying Android is not, but there will be learning curve for me )

Currently I have iPhone 4 but I am not impressed with iPhone 5 .Going to buy note 2 in March.

Main reasons for me to switch are

1. Bad build quality of iPhone 5 - Yes it looks lovely when you take it out of the box but gets scratched easily after couple of weeks of use. My work iPhone 5 has twice as many scratches than my personal iPhone 4. If I'm paying premium price for a phone then I expect it to have premium quality as well.

2. Got fed up with small screen size of iPhone , half inch extension on iPhone 5 wasn't enough for me.

Above reasons made me look for a new phone and I am set on note 2.

I am a die hard Apple fan so this is a big move for me. Apple really missed a trick with their choices of screen sizes. I would have settled for an iPhone 5 if it had bit more screen size and decent quality outer surface.

ps- I develop iOS apps for living so it's safe to say I am not going to be popular at work after this switch LOL .
24th February 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #203  
Thanks Meter: 18

82 posts
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I really miss the ability to download iTunes U podcasts right from my phone. I am on the road a lot and this got me through a lot of down time. Anyway to get them without download from a computer with an iTunes account?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
1st March 2013, 05:02 AM   |  #204  
Quote:
Originally Posted by speghead

Well I wish the Samsung screens were as good as the iPhone is in the sun. I have a hella hard time using my phone outdoors even on max brightness

Oled vs LCD??? Do some research on the two different types of screens. Completely different in all aspects! Oled blacks are much richer, LCD are kinda washed out. Being in the TV industry for the last 15+ yrs I should know a lil about screens.
Just my 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
1st March 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #205  
Flag Somewhere Giving God All The Glory!
Thanks Meter: 1,169

4,121 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would have to say the app/game selection and built in dictionary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
1st March 2013, 02:23 PM   |  #206  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 25,629

15,172 posts
More
Thread Temp Closed as it appears it may have served it purpose....Thank You.
Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 1st March 2013 at 02:33 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread