Thread Closed

[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2vzw]

OP dg4prez

24th February 2013, 01:44 PM   |  #1181  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 6

226 posts
More
Weird... MMS messages sent to me are coming through my gmail... Weird.. Anyone else ? Possibly user error on the senders side. Lol
24th February 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #1182  
Flag Methuen
Thanks Meter: 18

150 posts
More
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [d2vzw] Feb 20
This ROM is great so far. Just wanted to mention a bug I found recently. I enable custom hardware keys under system settings > navigation > hardware keys. I usually set voice search to run on long press of home key. Initially it works fine, but after a while, the home just goes to voice search after simply quick pressing. It does it with the settings key too. I am using Nova launcher and have disable/enabled those setting in there to see what happens to no avail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 05:14 PM   |  #1183  
Flag Boston, MA Area
Thanks Meter: 1,296

2,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Small bug: when using the lockscreen targets, if I try to change my camera zoom app icon to the system camera icon, I get "unfortunately settings had stopped" and it will not allow me to change the icon.
24th February 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #1184  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 314

609 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdube3

This ROM is great so far. Just wanted to mention a bug I found recently. I enable custom hardware keys under system settings > navigation > hardware keys. I usually set voice search to run on long press of home key. Initially it works fine, but after a while, the home just goes to voice search after simply quick pressing. It does it with the settings key too. I am using Nova launcher and have disable/enabled those setting in there to see what happens to no avail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I have the home key thinks I'm long pressing it when I'm not issue from time to time too. Only way to fix is reboot. I didn't report because I can't replicate and from what I've heard this apparently happens in lots of roms.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadood24

Don't know if its a known issue or not but I've been getting like 2-4 random reboots a day since clean flashing the latest update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I get one or two random reboots a day. Last one happened when I clicked the shortcut to Tapatalk HD that I have custom xposed settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk HD
24th February 2013, 06:52 PM   |  #1185  
Thanks Meter: 9

120 posts
By far the best ROM I have ever used!! Amazing battery life and so have yet to run into any bugs on my end since the 1.π came out. Also running KT kernel over clocked and battery is still amazing an ui is super smooth. Keep up the amazing work!!! I have 40% battery left and it's been running for just about 18 hours!!!
24th February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #1186  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 2

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcoveblue

I'm getting the same thing using Play Music. Every time I hit "Play" on my widget, it's super loud. One click of the volume button (in either direction) sets it back to selected level. Also happens with headphones plugged in. It's happening when I receive an audio notification as well. I'll have my headphones plugged in, receive a text, and my music jumps to maximum volume. It kinda hurts.

Otherwise, I'm definitely loving the ROM. Nice to have 4.2 with working Bluetooth!

this is happening to me too! almost blows my ear drums out haha scares the hell out of me too.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossida

By far the best ROM I have ever used!! Amazing battery life and so have yet to run into any bugs on my end since the 1.π came out. Also running KT kernel over clocked and battery is still amazing an ui is super smooth. Keep up the amazing work!!! I have 40% battery left and it's been running for just about 18 hours!!!

really? i love the rom and its super smooth, but my battery gets killed. i think it's mainly because i use my phone texting/calling all day for work, but it rarely lasts the work day without some bump charges - i think i'm gonna do a full clean install on the next update
24th February 2013, 07:25 PM   |  #1187  
Thanks Meter: 9

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWorth

this is happening to me too! almost blows my ear drums out haha scares the hell out of me too.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

really? i love the rom and its super smooth, but my battery gets killed. i think it's mainly because i use my phone texting/calling all day for work, but it rarely lasts the work day without some bump charges - i think i'm gonna do a full clean install on the next update

I text pretty much all day and for 2 hours I go to the gym and listen to Pandora. Also use bluetooth in my car. So the phone is used moderately. Also if u haven't do a battery calibration. Its on the play store and run it every time u flash a new ROM. It really helps with accuracy of battery life
24th February 2013, 07:25 PM   |  #1188  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,591

2,220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWorth

Try out DS Battery Saver on play store. Forces your device into deep sleep mode to save battery. I've been testing it out and seems great so far. I bought the pro version because it has a bit more options that I needed so it doesn't interfere with my kernel setup. All in all its a pretty solid battery saver if setup correctly.

Team Kernelizers; Kernel tweaking at its finest.
24th February 2013, 10:59 PM   |  #1189  
Thanks Meter: 16

176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr

Try out DS Battery Saver on play store. Forces your device into deep sleep mode to save battery. I've been testing it out and seems great so far. I bought the pro version because it has a bit more options that I needed so it doesn't interfere with my kernel setup. All in all its a pretty solid battery saver if setup correctly.

I second that! My battery lasts foreverrrrrr with DS battery saver worth every bit of the $2.70

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #1190  
Thanks Meter: 31

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr

So, curious, I installed the DS Battery saver and not sure on some of the settings. Only dled the free version so far, but my battery has dropped 4% in the last 30 minutes and i haven't been using my phone. Any suggestions on settings? I have it on balanced, looked through some of the settings in the menu too.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carbon, carbonrom
Previous Thread Next Thread