h8rift
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball606 View Post
Flashed the zip manually.

I was indeed running the linaro kernel from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2068732 on the 2/22 nightly with no issues. However, I did not pull this last_kmsg while running that kernel. That last_kmsg is from after flashing the boot.img from the 2/22 nightly in fastboot and booted into 2/24 nightly, like you said to do. I'm quite confused why that's there....
However, after uploading that last_kmsg, I flashed the linaro kernel on 2/24 nightly and it's not bootlooping.
Don't use custom kernels please :/. Also, nowhere in the last_kmsg did it state Linux 3.0.66 (which was merged in 2 or 3 days ago into CM), so there's nothing we can do at this point with that kmsg.
If you like my work or if I've helped you, please consider the "Thanks" button or feel free to donate if you wish. Join #cm-htc on Freenode to chat!

AT&T HTC One - M8 - *awaiting kernel source*
AT&T HTC One - M7 - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1
AT&T HTC One X - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 | 10 | 9
AT&T HTC One Mini - CyanogenMod: 11.0
AT&T HTC One VX - *coming soon*
Data needed to troubleshoot CM issues

Previous Work:
AT&T Galaxy S II - h8s2 ROM | AT&T Infuse 4G - Refuse ROM | AT&T HTC Vivid - CyanogenMod 10

bball606
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rift View Post
Don't use custom kernels please :/. Also, nowhere in the last_kmsg did it state Linux 3.0.66 (which was merged in 2 or 3 days ago into CM), so there's nothing we can do at this point with that kmsg.
Okay, but I simply cannot boot using the boot.img from the 2/24 nightly.
For other people having bootlooping issues, did you ever flash vanja_z's kernel?

KitWasHere
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I'm also having the latest nightly bootloop on me. I tried CyanDelta first like usual, and then tried from the link in the OP. I will try and get a logcat for you

incofstupid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball606 View Post
Okay, but I simply cannot boot using the boot.img from the 2/24 nightly.
For other people having bootlooping issues, did you ever flash vanja_z's kernel?
+1

having the bootloop, also i'm using vanja_z kernel. But, after i reflash the kernel (vanja_z) it solve the problem at least until now.
As h8 said, it is better to use 10.1 stock kernel. My question is, where can i found the stock kernel? is it in this forum? if so, can you please post the link?

Thanks

RollTribe
Old
Thanks Meter 715
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by incofstupid View Post
+1

having the bootloop, also i'm using vanja_z kernel. But, after i reflash the kernel (vanja_z) it solve the problem at least until now.
As h8 said, it is better to use 10.1 stock kernel. My question is, where can i found the stock kernel? is it in this forum? if so, can you please post the link?

Thanks
Open up the ROM zip file and extract boot.img and fastboot flash boot boot.img
Current as of 2/24/14 @ 2:50 PM EST
Phone: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Mahdi
ROM Version: 2.5 (2/23)
Kernel: stock
Android version: KitKat 4.4.2

Old Phones
Some Motorola flip phone - retired
LG Shine - battery died
Samsung Solstice - retired
HTC Evita - died
HTC Evita (replacement) - retired

ROM: ViperXL
ROM Version: 4.2.0
Kernel: ElementalX 8.3.2
Android version: Jellybean 4.2.2
Radio: 3.18
S-Off
The Following User Says Thank You to RollTribe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

incofstupid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTribe View Post
Open up the ROM zip file and extract boot.img and fastboot flash boot boot.img
I tried that and still having bootloop issue. which is odd. i tried to flash the boot.img from the newest zip and didnt get through the splash screen. so, i decided to flash vanja_z which is goes without problem. Anyway, i think i will stick to vanja_z kernel and will try again with the next build.

h8rift
Old
(Last edited by h8rift; 24th February 2013 at 10:31 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9536

DONATE TO ME
I thought I have mentioned this a few times over the last many months...but...here it is again.

Do not expect support if you have issues after you:

* Use applications like CyanDelta
* Restore data from Titanium Backup
* Flash custom kernels
* Use random flashable mods on top of CyanogenMod (except Google Apps)

Those things alter cyanogenmod and no one can expect me to support add-ons / random apps / etc. along with keeping our device maintained. Please keep this in mind.

If you have an issue, remove all mods, remove all custom kernels, flash the kernel that comes with the cm.zip. At that point, please reply with issues.

EDIT: I added it to the OP, post #2, as a reminder.
If you like my work or if I've helped you, please consider the "Thanks" button or feel free to donate if you wish. Join #cm-htc on Freenode to chat!

AT&T HTC One - M8 - *awaiting kernel source*
AT&T HTC One - M7 - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1
AT&T HTC One X - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 | 10 | 9
AT&T HTC One Mini - CyanogenMod: 11.0
AT&T HTC One VX - *coming soon*
Data needed to troubleshoot CM issues

Previous Work:
AT&T Galaxy S II - h8s2 ROM | AT&T Infuse 4G - Refuse ROM | AT&T HTC Vivid - CyanogenMod 10
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to h8rift For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drant22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL

I tried flashing 2/24 and it boot looped as well. Followed proper procedure, and I'm on the vz kernel on 2/22 with no problems now.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

ken bentley
Old
Thanks Meter 33
H8rift you have the patience of a saint.
You know what they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to ken bentley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

incofstupid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken bentley View Post
H8rift you have the patience of a saint.
You know what they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
true, he is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rift View Post
I thought I have mentioned this a few times over the last many months...but...here it is again.

Do not expect support if you have issues after you:

* Use applications like CyanDelta
* Restore data from Titanium Backup
* Flash custom kernels
* Use random flashable mods on top of CyanogenMod (except Google Apps)

Those things alter cyanogenmod and no one can expect me to support add-ons / random apps / etc. along with keeping our device maintained. Please keep this in mind.

If you have an issue, remove all mods, remove all custom kernels, flash the kernel that comes with the cm.zip. At that point, please reply with issues.

EDIT: I added it to the OP, post #2, as a reminder.
thanks for confirming that, i believe we all know how helpful you are helping and solving problem for noob people like me. .Thank you for your hard work h8, i really appreciate it.

Cheers