Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X (Endeavor) - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

Tip us?

PaKii94
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Re: HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

Yoo guys my stock battery history is showing that my hox is always awake. What app it's the best for detecting what's keeping it awake?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 24th February 2013 at 10:09 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13072
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokusho View Post
Finally !!
Some actual hard numbers !

That might shut down some clueless Nvidia haters for a moment. Seems like Qualcomm isn't so mighty like their CMO said after all
I hope to see a great tablet from Asus tomorrow !
Yea I think he just swallowed his tongue

Considering both the T4 and T4i have the same GPU but with reduced ALUs, 72 vs 60

We can assume 47fps for Tegra 4i sadly we don't know yet if its dual channel memory or not, otherwise such score would be impossible

Keeping In mind these T4 scores are from exposed development boards which mean it might be heavily OCed still pretty damn impressive!
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vcrp94
Old
(Last edited by vcrp94; 24th February 2013 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
Yea I think he just swallowed his tongue

Considering both the T4 and T4i have the same GPU but with reduced ALUs, 72 vs 60

We can assume 47fps for Tegra 4i sadly we don't know yet if its dual channel memory or not, otherwise such score would be impossible
Very, very impressive! Could you imagine a new Nexus 7 with that beast inside?

So Hamdir are you still getting the One or are you waiting for something with this inside? :P
Look!! A potato! --------------->

HTC One M8 32GB

Previous Android phone: HTC One(M7), HTC One X, Galaxy S3 , LG Optimus 2X, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and Samsung Galaxy Spica.

hot_spare Old
Thanks Meter
Add about 4166 in Geekbench score!

Mighty impressive to say the least.

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 24th February 2013 at 10:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13072
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrp94 View Post
Very, very impressive! Could you imagine a new Nexus 7 with that beast inside?

So Hamdir are you still getting the One or are you waiting for something with this inside? :P
Sadly so sadly we don't have devices, even the next nexus 7 is said to go with Qualcomm

Lets wait and see what MWC will reveal

As for the One I can only survive with HTC's smartphones and they opted for snapdragon, Tegra 4i is far off according to Nvidia's own words

I will get the One in silver enjoy it and then hand it over to my wife if an HTC t4 appears, otherwise ill keep it n get myself a tablet, can't wait to get rid of my silly iPad4

Maximus78
Old
(Last edited by Maximus78; 24th February 2013 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Default NVIDIA Tegra 4i Phoenix reference phone hands-on (video)

edit: delete

Turbotab
Old
Thanks Meter 832
Tegra 4, excellent Sunspider Scores, which I expected as A15 is good at javascript. When we look at the graphics section of Quadrant, Tegra 4 is not much faster, in fact it is slower in 2D.

The GLBenchmark score we must treat with CAUTION, it is not the same as the original Eygpt HD offscreen. It appears to be using a new texture type. The new test listed is called C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, the one we know for iPad 4 etc is called C24Z16 Offscreen , we don't how this new texture type affects performance it could make faster or slower, I've emailed the GLB people to find out. Still I would not mind the T4 in a new Nexus 7, as I mainly web browse on it.

Quadrant

Tegra 4
2D - 330
3D - 2400
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...rks-and-stats/

Snapdragon 600

2D - 1014
3D - 2279

http://runtechno.com/wp-content/uplo...nt-HTC-One.jpg
Dumb phones> Nokia E51 > iPhone 3GS > Orange San Francisco > Galaxy S > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Note

Current: Lumia 710 & Nexus 7 & Nexus 4

@jomaKern
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbotab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

batna.antab
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Default HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

I just hope for a htc phablet(5.5inchs) with TegrA 4 .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

With n3o new kernel you can oc your gpu now... Maybe this will be useful for some heavy gamer(especially to shan89, that guy asked for 560mhz gpu a million times )

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

hamdir
Old
Thanks Meter 13072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotab View Post
Tegra 4, excellent Sunspider Scores, which I expected as A15 is good at javascript. When we look at the graphics section of Quadrant, Tegra 4 is not much faster, in fact it is slower in 2D.

The GLBenchmark score we must treat with CAUTION, it is not the same as the original Eygpt HD offscreen. It appears to be using a new texture type. The new test listed is called C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, the one we know for iPad 4 etc is called C24Z16 Offscreen , we don't how this new texture type affects performance it could make faster or slower, I've emailed the GLB people to find out. Still I would not mind the T4 in a new Nexus 7, as I mainly web browse on it.

Quadrant

Tegra 4
2D - 330
3D - 2400
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...rks-and-stats/

Snapdragon 600

2D - 1014
3D - 2279

http://runtechno.com/wp-content/uplo...nt-HTC-One.jpg
An yes I noticed but didn't think much of it, maybe they are using their hardware supported DXT texture compression format (which reduces strain on bandwidth)

Excellent feedback my friend thanks for providing some perspective

Since t4i is still far from ready and not benched, this news only concerns tablets, A15 is clearly not viable in smartphones, therefore HTC One is not really affected but it was nice from Nvidia to punch Qualcomm for their nonsense

Who are we fooling we all love Nvidia
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 24th February 2013 at 10:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13072
By the way, looking back at the quadrant scores, I'm surprised Tegra is achieving the massive increase purely from CPU, I won't give much importance to 2D since the 2D clock might be DCed but the memory and IO are extremely similar to the One, despite the stated DDR2 on the One

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x