Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 39,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP>>6.8 || 1920mhz ||3.0.64|| 2|25

Tip us?

ptmr3
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 20,684

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP || 1920mhz ||3.0.64|| 2|15

2|15 --
Increased USB Charge Rate
Updated To Brand New Linux 3.0.64!

2|12 --
OC 1920
Added Lazy Governor
Added Lulzactive Gov
Added Hotplug Gov
Added Adaptive Gov
Added Zen Sched
Added BFQv5 Sched
Added SIO Sched
Added V(R) Sched
Set ReadAhead to 1024
Fixed Wonky Frequencies: No Issues With 3rd Party Apps Holding Freq
Voltage Edits
MORE

Come on dude... I told you change log... You said you read it and can't figure out what's new.... Do you think one version came out twice on 2 different dates?. I am sorry if this is offensive but if you can't see how a change log works you may want to avoid flashing anything
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icd-evil
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris2375 View Post
?

I don't see it mentioned anywhere in your original post. Nor do I see it in your link. Are really not going to answer the question?

I've read through this thread, aside from someone asking the same question, there is 0 explanation of what the difference between your two kernel versions are.

If you won't directly answer, how about quoting exactly which section in the OP of this thread details that information. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
I HOPE that you're trolling.

ferris2375
Old
(Last edited by ferris2375; 24th February 2013 at 07:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 80

Holy **** uptight much I'm not trolling. You have two different versions listed. What exactly in the change log references the version number of your kernels?

I should assume that each change log corresponds to a particular version? I'm flashing a kernel, it would be nice to know exactly what I'm flashing.

I've done this numerous times for a few years now... I've never had to guess if that's a running change log for the kernel in general or if there is a change log that goes with a version specifically. Nothing in either change log mentions 2.3 or 4.3.

ptmr3
Old
Thanks Meter 20,684

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Holy **** uptight much I'm not trolling. You have two different versions listed. What exactly in the change log references the version number of your kernels?

I should assume that each change log corresponds to a particular version? I'm flashing a kernel, it would be nice to know exactly what I'm flashing.

I've done this numerous times for a few years now... I've never had to guess if that's a running change log for the kernel in general or if there is a change log that goes with a version specifically. Nothing in either change log mentions 2.3 or 4.3.

OK let's look at this with some Intelligence... 2 comes before 4???? So 2.3 would cone before 4.3????
Which would also mean since there are 2 dates listed you could use the same logic to determine what corresponds to what...

Please don't flash them... I don't want to be responsible for you not thinking before doing as obviously you don't think before posting.

Once again I apologize if this harsh or offensive, but as I teach my 4 year old, make sure you pay attention to detail and think things through before making any decisions... (Or unnecessarily post silly questions that answer themselves)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ferris2375
Old
(Last edited by ferris2375; 24th February 2013 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 80

I could use logic, or I could ask and be certain before I flash a kernel to my device.

It wouldn't take much to reference the version number of the kernel with the corresponding change log. It seems far more common for guys to only post their most current updated version. Apparently you post and link all versions as you update. Having never used any of your work I wasn't aware of that.

So yeah logic could of led to an educated guess to the kernel versions but I think it's ridiculous that you made an issue answering a simple question that was asked twice... someone besides me. Again why not have a concrete answer for something like flashing a kernel? You posted two versions with links and no description of either, with version numbers not referenced any where in your post. Nice job being condescending too, can't say I'm surprised you restored to that.

ptmr3
Old
Thanks Meter 20,684

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
I could use logic, or I could ask and be certain before I flash a kernel to my device.

It wouldn't take much to reference the version number of the kernel with the corresponding change log. It seems far more common for guys to only post their most current updated version. Apparently you post and link all versions as you update. Having never used any of your work I wasn't aware of that.

So yeah logic could of led to an educated guess to the kernel versions but I think it's ridiculous that you made an issue answering a simple question that was asked twice... someone besides me. Again why not have a concrete answer for something like flashing a kernel? You posted two versions with links and no description of either, with version numbers not referenced any where in your post. Nice job being condescending too, can't say I'm surprised you restored to that.

No issue was made, no condescension. Just simple guidance. I leave previous versions posted for those that want to tinker with older things, or like one over the other. Regardless. You asked a question. I pointed you to the answer... You asked again, I quoted your answer, you asked AGAIN and I broke it down for you... Now you are upset and being disrespectful. Please leave and do not use this kernel. Thank you

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yankeesfan714
Old
Thanks Meter 66

Is this kernel compatible with team asylum CM?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to yankeesfan714 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1,360

You know, I asked before about the same thing, and got shut down the same way. What throws me off is that the time stamps on the two different versions are only minutes apart. So, other than the more recent post in which you finally explained what was going on, there was nothing to indicate which was which or whatever. The version numbers didn't correspond to their build dates, weren't mentioned in the OP or anywhere else, etc.

Frankly, it looked like you just pulled two random numbers out of your nether-regions, attached them to two arbitrary builds of your kernel, expected everyone to figure out wtf you intended, and acted like a douche when people asked for clarification. So, no, I will not be flashing your kernel any time soon - not if that's the kind of response I'm going to get for along you to clarify an obvious flaw in your version numbering "scheme."

I'd hate to imagine if I'd have asked about Bluetooth, or, God forbid, an ETA!

Good day, Sir.
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)
The Following User Says Thank You to ssewk2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptmr3
Old
Thanks Meter 20,684

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssewk2x View Post
You know, I asked before about the same thing, and got shut down the same way. What throws me off is that the time stamps on the two different versions are only minutes apart. So, other than the more recent post in which you finally explained what was going on, there was nothing to indicate which was which or whatever. The version numbers didn't correspond to their build dates, weren't mentioned in the OP or anywhere else, etc.

Frankly, it looked like you just pulled two random numbers out of your nether-regions, attached them to two arbitrary builds of your kernel, expected everyone to figure out wtf you intended, and acted like a douche when people asked for clarification. So, no, I will not be flashing your kernel any time soon - not if that's the kind of response I'm going to get for along you to clarify an obvious flaw in your version numbering "scheme."

I'd hate to imagine if I'd have asked about Bluetooth, or, God forbid, an ETA!

Good day, Sir.
Whether you like my numbering "scheme" or not doesn't matter in the least to me. For a "programmer" to not be able to hit github and see what was done is your own deal. But regardless, there are two kernel versions, and there are two entries in the changelog.
Glad to hear you won't be using my work

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptmr3
Old
Thanks Meter 20,684

DONATE TO ME

Now that this bs has gotten nice and out of hand, I would appreciate if the off topic whining came to an end. Mods will he contacted if need be

Have a great day

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe