5,605,835 Members 47,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 80 32.52%
Somewhat Easy 38 15.45%
Easy 66 26.83%
Difficult 28 11.38%
Somewhat Difficult 14 5.69%
Very Difficult 20 8.13%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 937

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation **Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Version 4.1.61-Beta 02/24/2013 14:05**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Username View Post
Thanks, but I already started the Dropbox download, so please do it for the next version
Also, the download speed varies between ca. 20 kB/s and 60 kB/s, so I don't think the ISP is limiting anything. Maybe it's just the distance.

OK, I ran Fix Permissions again and it looks normal now. It says it should take over 15 minutes but it's through almost instantly for me though. This is the output:

And the Holo Launcher installation still doesn't work.
Random Username,

Excellent details, I see the problem! You are missing an important directory. Please download the update and run Fix permissions again, we added a script to check for the directory if it does not exist, create one.

********UPDATE*********

Version 4.1.61-Beta Change Log:
1. Added New Code To Check For Temp If Missing Create One

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 14:05 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

7-Zip for Windows 32-bit: Download

7-Zip for Windows 64-bit: Download

Oracle Java SE Update: Java SE Development Kit 7u15

Oracle Java SE 7u15 32-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-i586.exe

Oracle Java SE 7u15 64-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

Random Username
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Random Username,

Excellent details, I see the problem! You are missing an important directory. Please download the update and run Fix permissions again, we added a script to check for the directory if it does not exist, create one.

********UPDATE*********

Version 4.1.61-Beta Change Log:

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 14:05 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.61-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Do I only have to download the bat file or the whole package?

BELASCO
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Option 25 (restore from KindleFireBackup folder) works, no hitches.

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 937

DONATE TO ME
Question Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Driver Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekor8tor View Post
hi Chris i rooted the kindle it came up in root checker that i was rooted so i installed the google apps no problem then i installed the sony xLoud and this is where the problems began when it had installed the kindle screen went black then it came up on computer screen about installing drivers.the kindle does not boot now when i power it up it says kindle fire then the screen stays black and when i plug it into the computer under device manager it shows other devices/kindle yellow triangle it says installing drivers then says no drivers can be found ope you can help me with this problem as i cannot do anything with the kindle
dekor8tor,

When you get the driver installed, please run Option 31 to fix the Permissions, this will bring your Kindle back online.

That option has been used by several other people without trouble, so this will solve your issue. This is why we have Kindle Fire First Aide to recover from a problem. Remember adding software is a risk no matter how perfect the script.

Prerequisites
  • Kindle Fire USB Driver
Please download and extract the usb_driver to the Desktop: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/usb_driver.zip

Step by Step Guide
  1. Connect USB cable to Kindle Fire.
  2. Go to Devices and Printers.
  3. Double click on Kindle.
  4. Go to Hardware tab.

1. Select Kindle with yellow exclamation mark, then click on Properties.
  2. Go to Details tab.

1. At Property, choose Hardware Ids.
  2. That’s Kindle Fire USB hardware Id that we going to use later.
  3. Just leave the property window open.
  4. Go to My Computer.

11. Let’s go back to Kindle property window.
12. Go to General tab.
13. Select Update Driver… then.
14. Select Browse my computer for driver software ~ Locate and install driver software manually.
15. Select Browse…, and select C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver folder.
16. When Windows Security prompt, select Install this driver software anyway
17. That’s all.

procter
Old
(Last edited by procter; 24th February 2013 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
procter,

If we understand you correctly, you would like the free offers back. No problem, please take this dtcp_apk.apk.zip APK, unzip it, then move it to /system/app using Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, then make sure the permissions are User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read

To fix Google Play, go to More + Applications, Installed applications, find Google Framework, clear the data, find Google Login Service, clear the Data, find Google Play Store, clear the data then use our tool to reinstall Google Play Store. We do not recommend a manual install, although it is your choice.

If you do an automatic install, follow the steps closely as the install is running, your problem will be solved. We have seen this a number of times when people use our tool to perform manual steps. We can assure you, the problem will disappear if you do an automatic installation. Please make sure you are using Rev 54 to do the installation.

Rev 4.1.54 Change Log:
1. Fixed Permission Denied Problem
2. Changed the timing on Option 21
3. Streamline code - processes at a faster rate of speed
4. Changed Enable OTA to Selective Enable
5. Found double quotes with the build.prop lines, this caused the build.prop edits to fail.
6. Removed the Symbolic Link to Temp after every install
7. Google Apps Bug fixed

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.54-Beta RunMe 02/23/13 at 13:36 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.54-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.54-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.54-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.54-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Make sure you are running the latest version of Java SE Development Kit 7u15
Hi Chris,

Tired your method but it did not work. I had Kindle extended setting app installed immediately after I restored my Kindle with your tool and noticed it was set at "turn off lockscreen ads "mode and I couldn't change it. If I toggle it on and it would revert to off after the required reboot. So I uninstalled this app too.

I copied over the app you gave me, changed permission and go to Kindle's own launcher, still no offer tab. Then I went to the folder and installed the app, nothing changed. Reboot it, still not working. I also noticed there was a bat file with the same name as the app and the same size too, so I moved it out leaving only the dchp_apk.apk in system /app. Still not working. I am out of ways now.

A side note, the shop tab in my Kindle launcher seems broken too. If I click it, it won't open the Amazon site but pop error saying can't launch shop. However the amazon mobile app works perfectly fine if clicking from app drawer. Dunno if it's related.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Random Username
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Well, I copied the files from the RunMe package and ran the Fix Permissions option. There was a lot of output, but it only took 15 seconds. Maybe it's because I have an SSD?

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 937

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan View Post
Chris,

My kindle's kindle fire logo is orange usually , but it turns blue if i run option 27, first the usual red but the animated glowing one is blue, My kindle is the 7" an i do have a factory, I am not really stuck, I can re-flash the system image at any time i just want to know why this happens every time i try option 27 .
AmrBanawan,

I just got off the phone with a friend who work with Sony Software Development, we discussed the issue, he says despite the upgrade being small, we should always run the Fix Permissions after, I just added this to the upgrade.

See if you can Run the Fix Permissions now, we changed the script.

********UPDATE*********

Version 4.1.62-Beta Change Log:
2. Added Fix Permissions to Option 27, 28 and 29

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 14:41 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

CheriePie
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Hi Chris,
I notice you're directing people to install the full Java Development Kit (JDK) instead of just the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Is that correct? Are the Development Tools and Source Code for Java really needed to run KFFirstAide? Additionally, if a user does install the full Development Kit, would that perhaps be installing an extra adb or fastboot command which then gets added to the path and conflicts with the proper running of KFFirstAide?

For reference, the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) downloads are located at http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp .
The directories you're linking to at Oracle are for the full Java Development Kit (JDK).
✫ * ~ 。★ My Devices ★ 。~ *✫
• Samsung Galaxy S4 MK2 Rooted • HTC Evo 4G LTE · MeanBean S-OFF •
✯ Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Rooted ☯ Kindle Paperwhite Jailbroken

dekor8tor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

hi chris tried that it says it cannot find the driver

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 937

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by duahetcaday View Post
Hi prokennexusa

I also encountered the same problem
I had follow your fix, output here:

Now my KFHD still lagging and screen flash
Help me fix this
Tks alot
duahetcaday,

Thank you for the output, that was what I needed to fix it. Please download the RunMebat update, download and save RunMe.zip to your desktop, Unzip it using 7-Zip then copy and paste the RunMe.bat to C:\KFFirstAide - make sure you answer YES to overwriting the file, then inspect the date and time of RunMe.bat it should be 02/24/2013 at 14:41 - if all checks out launch Kindle Fire First Aide then select Option 31 to fix the permissions and anomalies. We upgraded the script in Version 62.

Please post an update after the script fixes your problem. Thanks!

Note: Do not worry we know exactly why the Kindle is running slow and we have the fix!

********UPDATE*********

Version 4.1.62-Beta Change Log:
2. Added Fix Permissions to Option 27, 28 and 29
3. Missing Temp Directory Causes Fix Permissions to Fail - Fixed Issue

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 14:41 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.62-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility