Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Q] problems flashing jelly bean

24th February 2013, 10:37 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
I Tried to flash the firmware again, the first two times it failed and the third time it is gets stuck at sending frimware ... C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip
sending 'zip' (13033 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.747s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)
finished. total time: 3.245s

C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip
FAILED (remote: (00030003))
finished. total time: 0.000s

C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip
24th February 2013, 10:48 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,505

13,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] problems flashing jelly bean
I know because you had a S-OFF device. The HTC oke X is S-ON so you will not get it simunlocked this way !

And yes you put the firmware.zip inside the fastboot folder and then execute the commands i wrote earlier

Did you download the corresponding firmware for your CID ?.
25th February 2013, 05:01 AM   |  #13  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 249

888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaPascal

I Tried to flash the firmware again, the first two times it failed and the third time it is gets stuck at sending frimware ... C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip
OKAY [ 1.747s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)
finished. total time: 3.245s

ware.zip
FAILED (remote: (00030003))
finished. total time: 0.000s

ware.zip

Fastboot oem readcid

Then download the proper firmware from mike1986 firmware post.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 11:22 AM   |  #14  
OP Member

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

I know because you had a S-OFF device. The HTC oke X is S-ON so you will not get it simunlocked this way !

And yes you put the firmware.zip inside the fastboot folder and then execute the commands i wrote earlier

Did you download the corresponding firmware for your CID ?.

AAh lol ok XD sending the firmware still doesnt work , my cid: O2___001 , that is equal to cidnum: HTC__001 right? i have downloaded my firmware from here http://d-h.st/users/baadnewz/?fld_id=3041#files
25th February 2013, 12:08 PM   |  #15  

13,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nooo ow god ! They are different......O2 - HTC ....VERY DIFFERENT !

Go here and download the EXACT matching firmware

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957376

O2__001 firmware to hboot 1.36 !
Last edited by Mr Hofs; 25th February 2013 at 12:10 PM.
25th February 2013, 12:15 PM   |  #16  
OP Member

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Nooo ow god ! They are different......O2 - HTC ....VERY DIFFERENT !

Go here and download the EXACT matching firmware

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957376

O2__001 firmware to hboot 1.36 !

so i flash this and then flashthe rom ? thank you very much! feel so stupid xd
25th February 2013, 12:23 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaPascal

AAh lol ok XD sending the firmware still doesnt work , my cid: O2___001 , that is equal to cidnum: HTC__001 right? i have downloaded my firmware from here http://d-h.st/users/baadnewz/?fld_id=3041#files

Hi Mate,

02__001 is not the same in anyway as HTC__001. HTC__001 is unbranded uk, 02__001 is then obviously 02 branded, do not confuse the two. Right if you have made a nandroid back up and still have custom recovery installed, have you extracted a copy of your boot image from your nandroid if so, flash the boot image using fasboot command, when phone is connected to PC, then boot in to recovery and restore nandroid.

If this is not the case you need to supply some more info about your phone, what base it was on when you got it, what HBOOT you are currently on, because if your are on a lower HBOOT than a JB firmware then you will not be able to do a JB RUU, you may have to do a ICS RUU.

So for starters

is your bootloader ***unlocked***
are you using international HOX ie ENDEAVORU
what is HBOOT ...

once the community know exactly what you are working with and what you have done people will be best placed to help you. Please bare in mind the HOX is not fully unlocked like previous HTC devices ie no "S-OFF" unless you are very lucky, so it is not as easy as just flash, there are a lot of fastboot commands to be aware of a little reading prior to actioning anything on your phone will go a long way.

Qball
Last edited by qball11; 25th February 2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
25th February 2013, 12:33 PM   |  #18  

13,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qball11

Hi Mate,

02__001 is not the same in anyway as HTC__001. HTC__001 is unbranded uk, 02__001 is then obviously 02 branded, do not confuse the two. Right if you have made a nandroid back up and still have custom recovery installed, have you extracted a copy of your boot image from your nandroid if so, flash the boot image using fasboot command, when phone is connected to PC, then boot in to recovery and restore nandroid.

If this is not the case you need to supply some more info about your phone, what base it was on when you got it, what HBOOT you are currently on, because if your are on a lower HBOOT than a JB firmware then you will not be able to do a JB RUU, you may have to do a ICS RUU.

So for starters

is your bootloader ***unlocked***
are you using international HOX ie ENDEAVORU
what is HBOOT ...

once the community know exactly what you are working with and what you have done people will be best placed to help you. Please bare in mind the HOX is not fully unlocked like previous HTC devices ie no "S-OFF" unless you are very lucky, so it is not as easy as just flash, there are a lot of fastboot commands to be aware of a little reading prior to actioning anything on your phone will go a long way.

Qball

Please read the thread next time queball

We know what he is doing ..... he just got the wrong firmware. And i already gave him the link to the right one so......

And yes flash the right firmware, flash a custom recovery, flash the boot.img from the desired rom, full wipe in recovery and a clean install of the new Rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread