Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which toolchain would you prefer to be used for compiling Asylum?
SaberMod 27 30.34%
Linaro 51 57.30%
Omni default 11 12.36%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

**[4.4.2][Linaro][O3] Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 Naughties™: Slim, Fast and Black Rum™**

Tip us?

AA1973
Old
Thanks Meter 8601
Default AW: **[4.2.2][CM10.1][LINARO] Team Asylum CM10.1 Keiras™ - Slim, Fast and Black Roma™

Country? Provider?
No greenify or "data-cutting app" (green power?) which could be the culprit?
Side note: did you simply reboot after WiFi/Data stopped working or did you flash straight onwards?
The Following User Says Thank You to AA1973 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

android404
Old
(Last edited by android404; 24th February 2013 at 09:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 466
Default Re: **[4.2.2][CM10.1][LINARO] Team Asylum CM10.1 Keiras™ - Slim, Fast and Black Roma™

Got greenify but nothing in there that I think could be the problem. I rolled back and froze both this, the firewall and everything else that I thought might be the reason. Several reboots without the problem going away.

No data restrictions in android, mobile carrier or home wifi.

I'm in Norway, btw.
sent from naked browser

antiochasylum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA1973 View Post
I will ride my note 1 until I brick it...ATM it is amazing to see the daily improvements being made :thumbup:
Nexus 5 or Note 3 ....rather the first option for me...
I must ask are you not interested in faster hardware? Daily improvements can only take you so far. Once your at hardware limitation, software limitation starts showing..

Also you guys complaining about the camera, at least you have the touch to focus, on the note 2, if you touch to focus with flash on you get a FC and then cannot connect to camera error. Unless that is happening on the note 1 as well?

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5

Formhault
Old
Thanks Meter 2853
Default Re: **[4.2.2][CM10.1][LINARO] Team Asylum CM10.1 Keiras™ - Slim, Fast and Black Roma™

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum View Post
Also you guys complaining about the camera, at least you have the touch to focus, on the note 2, if you touch to focus with flash on you get a FC and then cannot connect to camera error. Unless that is happening on the note 1 as well?
No FC. Just flash going off when touching to focus... unless flash is off.

Sent from my Galaxy Note held captive in Chasmodo's Asylum
Did my post entertain or help you? Do you hate me? Hit the THANKS button!

To all my haters

chaosdefinesorder
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post

that's to assist in the auto focus, it's meant to happen!
The Following User Says Thank You to chaosdefinesorder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antiochasylum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post

Yea see, we cant use the flash to help focus, it gets a FC, and then not able to connect to camera. We have to turn on the torch, then focus it. Cannot use flash period with camera pretty much.

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5

AA1973
Old
(Last edited by AA1973; 24th February 2013 at 11:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8601
Default AW: **[4.2.2][CM10.1][LINARO] Team Asylum CM10.1 Keiras™ - Slim, Fast and Black Roma™

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum View Post
I must ask are you not interested in faster hardware? Daily improvements can only take you so far. Once your at hardware limitation, software limitation starts showing..
Your™ right. Usually I am interested, yes. But, looking back to the depressive phase we had (in the Note forums, related to the possible discontinuation of CM) in November last year, where it had been said "no more development of CM for exynos4 devices" / "let's ditch that sh!t" and the situation we got now - this *is* impressive!
And for my humble usage pattern of the note, it is more than sufficient. Opening a contact to call within 0.2, 0.4 or 0.6 seconds-I don't care. I don't play games, probably I would if I had a quad krait. Sony Z also comes to my mind....but that is OT...

Quote:
Have witnessed this situation once (or twice?) during last 2 weeks. Before the big updates end of the week!
That is what I need the phone for most - taking pics of AA jr.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AA1973 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leomd333
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Thanks for the great ROM chas, ive been using it since the first release and its getting better and better aha Great battery life, stability and its so fast! just 1 question for anyone who knows....how come sometimes when the RAM useage is high...the blacked out settings and sms backrounds turn grey? Ive never seen anyone complain about this and ive noticed it in every build i flash....(full wipe and format of everything..everytime i install) thanks

aliaskari
Old
Thanks Meter 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantNarcissism2 View Post
Thanks for the great ROM chas, ive been using it since the first release and its getting better and better aha Great battery life, stability and its so fast! just 1 question for anyone who knows....how come sometimes when the RAM useage is high...the blacked out settings and sms backrounds turn grey? Ive never seen anyone complain about this and ive noticed it in every build i flash....(full wipe and format of everything..everytime i install) thanks
havent noticed that but what i hav noticed is that when i use zooper widget on homescreen with a black or white background the colour changes (black to gray and white to silver) and then revert back to normal by itslef automatically too .. not such a big issue so i never complained and im okay really with that and it happens also very less for me !

i just love the smoothness of this rom !
u cant find that anywhere else i guarantee you that
tnks chas for this Epic Roma™

Sent from Asylumized GT-N7000

leomd333
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63 View Post
Guys, no bulltish please. Camera AutoFocus does NOT work on latest build. Starts red and stays red., and final pic is blurry.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
My autofocus has worked 100% on every asylum build since the first

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskari View Post
havent noticed that but what i hav noticed is that when i use zooper widget on homescreen with a black or white background the colour changes (black to gray and white to silver) and then revert back to normal by itslef automatically too .. not such a big issue so i never complained and im okay really with that and it happens also very less for me !

i just love the smoothness of this rom !
u cant find that anywhere else i guarantee you that
tnks chas for this Epic Roma™

Sent from Asylumized GT-N7000
Strange little bug but yea your right, it doesnt bother me, its just interesting, most bugs are obvious cm problems but this is an odd one and again youre correct, this rom is the best!

The Following User Says Thank You to leomd333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
asylum omni 4.4 rom, blacked-out, lightweight rom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe