OP Chainfire

24th February 2013, 07:30 PM   |  #2401  
Thanks Meter: 2,072

3,974 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle_Man

Hi I've rooted my Nexus 4 with SuperSU and it works well with all my applications except one combination when ProxyDroid is enabled ES File Explorer crashes when trying to show root directory and when I disable it ES works fine.
I do not know if this is a bug of those applications which both use SuperSu or SuperSU itself and appreciate any help.
Thanks

Logcat? Chainfire said he'd take a look at this if you can give reproducible steps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...s#post38237753 Does this happen every time?

Also, do you have access only or full logging enable for ES? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...s#post30143610

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Use root explorer.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

I personally prefer [Android 2.1+] FX File Explorer: a "desktop-class" file/media manager. Beautiful, well designed, and somehow simple while being fully functional and very advanced in its feature set.
24th February 2013, 07:49 PM   |  #2402  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

Hi, in RAZR i original development forum there is two ways to root: one for locked and one for unlocked bootloader. I have used the one for locked bootloader, "motofail2go". At the end of that process, you will have root with superuser, then install supersu 1.10 from google play and give root privileges, then install titanium backup and a file explorer with root capabilities. With titanium, uninstall superuser, after that, with file explorer (like root explorer) search for superuser.apk at /system/app and delete it, reboot your phone and enjoy.

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 2

Thank You, SuperSU is now working - the install of the *.zip from the first page failed, but from GooglePlay it worked. But: I cannot get rid of Superuser. I got it installed with the rooting process (with unlocked bootloader - I have JellyBean). In Titanium backup Superuser is not in the list. After deleting /system/app/superuser.apk the app is still there and working. So how get I rid of it?
24th February 2013, 08:32 PM   |  #2403  
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 715

1,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [23.02.2013] SuperSU v1.10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan70

Thank You, SuperSU is now working - the install of the *.zip from the first page failed, but from GooglePlay it worked. But: I cannot get rid of Superuser. I got it installed with the rooting process (with unlocked bootloader - I have JellyBean). In Titanium backup Superuser is not in the list. After deleting /system/app/superuser.apk the app is still there and working. So how get I rid of it?

You may have a copy of superuser at /data ...please, check that....

24th February 2013, 10:04 PM   |  #2404  
Thanks Meter: 52

123 posts
Quote:

Yeah i can't stop it from coming back also. Deleted then on next boot its back, I found a folder called /rooter with a script, su and superuser which must re-root on booting but renaming or overwriting with supersu files in this folder also get reset on reboot. Anyone have a solution?
24th February 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #2405  
Flag noneya
Thanks Meter: 742

1,859 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozn

Yeah i can't stop it from coming back also. Deleted then on next boot its back, I found a folder called /rooter with a script, su and superuser which must re-root on booting but renaming or overwriting with supersu files in this folder also get reset on reboot. Anyone have a solution?

This is rom specific man. Some roms reroot on boot.
24th February 2013, 10:51 PM   |  #2406  
Thanks Meter: 52

123 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisro

This is rom specific man. Some roms reroot on boot.

Yeah, its a homemade fastboot. But since a lot of RAZR I users are runnings Matt's homemades, I hoping someone has a fix.
24th February 2013, 11:49 PM   |  #2407  
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 715

1,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozn

Yeah, its a homemade fastboot. But since a lot of RAZR I users are runnings Matt's homemades, I hoping someone has a fix.

It's something that Matt have to deal with it. Me and others already have warned him about new supersu with x86 support...

25th February 2013, 02:29 AM   |  #2408  
Thanks Meter: 7

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfire

Which is why for such a small token amount, everyone should be encouraged to go Pro.

Sent from my SGH-T889/SHV-E250S using Tapatalk 2

Why i went pro that and SuperSU is awesome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 04:34 AM   |  #2409  
Thanks Meter: 14

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofalltrades

Why i went pro that and SuperSU is awesome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Same here. I also brought mobile odin pro too.
25th February 2013, 08:43 AM   |  #2410  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:

/data is empty on my phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread