Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mediatek Parrot (Iphone 4s clone) MT6573 Gooapple V5 3G

Tip us?

BatuhanK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
and also roms for this device work too slow, is it possible to make lite and android gui custom rom for this device?

Chrizzly92
Old
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
look at the pictures in my last post, this is a custom ROM made by me. the Mt6573 isn't that fast, but i tried to make a fast ROM for it.
it is working pretty fast right now, no chinese apps and a lot of customization you can do . there are a lot of ROM's out there, some are good, some are pretty bad. like i said, i can make a flashable zip for your device, so you can try out my ROM.
Star N9770
Android 4.1.2, [WIP] Custom ROM by myself , including a huge amount of cool stuff. :P
Kernel Version 3.4.0

DONE! I don't more have the time and nerves to deal with this ****ty ass SoC, vendors or devices. RIP Mediatek! I got better things to do instead of messing arround with your stupid code.
<---- If you like my Work, just say "Thanks", thanks.

BatuhanK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i can try if you can make a zip for me, this would really help me

BatuhanK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
also i have another problem with the rom which i gave the link of it, the network problem

if the gsm signal become too low, restricted access changed - voice service blocked error occurs, in my home and office signal is too low so i cant use the phone, do you know any solution for this?

Chrizzly92
Old
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
i will make one asap, maybe your networking problems are gone with my ROM. im from Germany, have no problems here with the signal at all.
maybe your smartphone is just ****ed up, we will see later.
you got these problem too, before you got the new ROM? maybe the Baseband drivers are wrong or something...

Press VOL + and power toegether, what Recovery shows up? a standart mediatek one or do you already have a custom recovery?
Star N9770
Android 4.1.2, [WIP] Custom ROM by myself , including a huge amount of cool stuff. :P
Kernel Version 3.4.0

DONE! I don't more have the time and nerves to deal with this ****ty ass SoC, vendors or devices. RIP Mediatek! I got better things to do instead of messing arround with your stupid code.

BatuhanK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i didnt use the phone with sim card before this rom so i dont know

recovery screen is standard mediatek

Chrizzly92
Old
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
there you go! this is a clockworkmod recovery for your phone. just flash it with Flashtool and try it out! flashing a new rom becomes pretty easy with it. hope it will work, give me a quick response if it isn't working.
edit:
some minor tips: dont flash the preloader in any case, this could damage your phone, if it is the wrong one!!!
and always make a backup of the existing images!
Attached Files
File Type: img recovery.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.45 MB, 145 views)
Star N9770
Kernel Version 3.4.0

BatuhanK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i flashed with flashtool and didnt flashed preloader, dsp_bl, changed the recovery.img with the one you gave, nothing changed same ios gui, did i do something wrong?

BatuhanK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
do you have whole new rom for this device which includes all the image files in it? the one i shared here is too slow and some problems

Chrizzly92
Old
(Last edited by Chrizzly92; 26th February 2013 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
the file i given you is ONLY the recovery, after flashing try it out with phone off and hold VOL+ and POWER, the recovery screen shows up with clockworkmod recovery.
the fully rom ( including boot.img and system.img) needs more work, i haven't the time to do it yet. just give me a day for it. porting a Rom to a diffrent screenresolution needs more work, cause my device is 480x800 pixels, yours only 320x480. i have to say, there can be some failures because of the different resolution, but this can be fixed easily.
the custom recovery i gave you is necessary for flashing new roms easily.
Star N9770
Kernel Version 3.4.0