5,606,722 Members 37,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] CrossBreeder - Lag-/Entropy+/DNS+/Tether+/Ads-/Censors-/.bit support!!

Tip us?

borisku
Old
(Last edited by borisku; 24th February 2013 at 05:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
i tried from PC with firefox 19 ..
edit. got it with ie,
thx a lot!

"A ship in a horbour is save but this is not what ships are built for." Grace Hopper

fivefour
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 882

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [MOD] CrossBreeder-Entropy Lag Reduce/DNS Speedup/Tether boost/Clean Adblock!-2-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisku View Post
Sorry, but i cant download the uninstall.zip; i get the info: "invalid attachment specified"
Scroll further down and download the attachment.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

@idcrisis

You think you could knock together an installation routine that doesn't use recovery, my M9000 doesn't have a recovery I can flash zips in.

I can certainly do it if your too busy, it's just you know your shell scripts better than anyone.

intronauta
Old
(Last edited by intronauta; 24th February 2013 at 07:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 107
In a Galaxy S with GB and Semaphore(CWM 5.0.2.7), if you flash the Uninstall zip before flash Crossbreeder 2-24-13, it fails due the incorrect mount command. It seems that this recovery needs the complete mount command (mount $dev $folder) , maybe recovery.fstab is missing? I don't know...

I can't did some test because there's not adb access in this recovery, but looking in a custom rom for this pda I found that the correct command is:
Code:
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/stl9", "/system");
In fact, /system is mounted by default by the recovery, but the uninstall process unmount it and crossbreeder can't mount it again, ergo crossbreeder install process fails.

Flashing uninstall, reboot recovery and flashing crossbreeder works flawless.
Flashing uninstall, "mounts and storage"->"mount system" (it appears unmounted) and flashing crossbreeder works flawless.

A workaround to prevent this specific problem could be build an all-in-one package for Crossbreeder, where the install package firstly uninstall previous versions if exists, then install the new version and unmount all at finish; and let the uninstall zip only to be used for definitively remove crossbreeder.

I don't have the handset to do further testing , sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to intronauta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pepoluan
Old
Thanks Meter 945
One question for the maker:

My country's government had decided to 'censor' some... untoward domain names. Trying to resolve them will lead to a government-provided server that will explain why the domain name is censored. (Note: I'm not living in China).

My ISP, however, happily passes all domain name resolution requests through to Google DNS or Level3 DNS or OpenDNS.

What will your parallel DNS resolver do if there's a conflict / difference between the results returned by the ISP's DNS Server with Google DNS / Level3 DNS / OpenDNS?
Nobody is Perfect __ I am Nobody

Phone: Sony Xperia SP (C5302) on stock 12.0.A.2.254 (rooted, locked BL)

Tablet: Ainol Novo 7 Crystal running Crystal Clear + SD Swap.

I'm a Linuxhead and I'm proud of it!

bsmitty83
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5497
Default Re: [MOD] CrossBreeder-Entropy Lag Reduce/DNS Speedup/Tether boost/Clean Adblock!-2-2

Man this thing kills ! I was using seeder before I gave this a go . what a difference in scrolling and just overall use of my phone this has made . many thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

idcrisis
Old
(Last edited by idcrisis; 24th February 2013 at 11:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5463

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepoluan View Post
One question for the maker:

My country's government had decided to 'censor' some... untoward domain names. Trying to resolve them will lead to a government-provided server that will explain why the domain name is censored. (Note: I'm not living in China).

My ISP, however, happily passes all domain name resolution requests through to Google DNS or Level3 DNS or OpenDNS.

What will your parallel DNS resolver do if there's a conflict / difference between the results returned by the ISP's DNS Server with Google DNS / Level3 DNS / OpenDNS?
That's a good question.

It is possible to bypass sensors if you don't use your ISP's DNS servers.

Currently CrossBreeder detects your ISP DNS servers and stores them in dnsmasq-local.conf every time it detects a network change.

And it then queries all these servers parallely including the Google DNS and Open DNS and your home router servers. So it will be a hit and miss. If Google or OpenDNS returns quicker then the sensor will be bypassed and remain bypassed for some time as it will be cached.

If the ISP DNS returns quicker then it will be blocked and will remain in the cache so may remain blocked for some time.

It's easy to disable the feature to query your local ISP and home router and hence bypass the filters. Then all queries will be made to the Google and OpenDNS servers.

I am attaching here the 'bypass_isp' versions of the files that need to overwrite the original files ( non flashable, just extract and make executable). Happy freedom!

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using xda app-developers app
Attached Files
File Type: zip CrossBreeder_bypass_isp_patch.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.6 KB, 23 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idcrisis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idcrisis
Old
Thanks Meter 5463

Quote:
Originally Posted by desalesouche View Post
phone is less reactive.wifi also and when i go to wifi settings it takes long long time and i have some wifisettings force close...
the reactivity of haveged seem to be gone...it not like before???
Can you try the REMOVE commands listed a few posts above. Specifically you want to Remove Tether Boost first, reboot and see if that solves your problem.

If not then you want to remove the DNS client and then reboot and test.

The Following User Says Thank You to idcrisis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idcrisis
Old
Thanks Meter 5463

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefour View Post
Scroll further down and download the attachment.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

@idcrisis

You think you could knock together an installation routine that doesn't use recovery, my M9000 doesn't have a recovery I can flash zips in.

I can certainly do it if your too busy, it's just you know your shell scripts better than anyone.
That's a good idea. Will create one soon. Maybe that can become the defacto installation procedure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idcrisis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fivefour
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 882

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcrisis View Post
That's a good idea. Will create one soon. Maybe that can become the defacto installation procedure.

Thanks mate, my cheap Chinese tablet will thank you as well.

wigginst
Old
Thanks Meter 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcrisis View Post
It's in my reply to your previous post. You can run the commands with

su
cd /etc/CrossBreeder
./REMOVE_TETHER_BOOST

and then reboot. If that doesn't work then you can run:

su
cd /etc/CrossBreeder
./REMOVE_DNS_CLIENT

and then reboot.

Let us know how you go and if you'd be willing to troubleshoot some more to get to the bottom of this.

Ran both. Wimax still won't connect.

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2