5,599,478 Members 38,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Jul - 23] (m7ul/mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Tip us?

dadonking
Old
(Last edited by dadonking; 24th February 2013 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default AW: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

I was not happy with this rom, because the transient effect stuttered when starting the app drawer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Rodeojones
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
I am running AOKP 4.0.4 on my verizon galaxy nexus. What is the best way to flash this ROM? Is bluetooth working as it wasn't in 4.2.1?
This build comes with the GApps and Radio?
Make a backup.

Download the Toro ROM and Gapps from the OP (yes, you need to flash Gapps as they're not packaged in the ROM).

Because you're coming from an older version of AOKP your best bet is to do a complete wipe (data, cache, dalvik).

Flash ROM, then flash Gapps, reboot, and profit.

poussinou69
Old
(Last edited by poussinou69; 24th February 2013 at 08:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
@Bigxie :
Do you know de Slimport hdmi bug since 4.2.2 ?
Video out is broken, there's no video on TV with the slimport adaptater.

Molesarecoming fixed that in its Paranoid 02-21 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11623
The fix seem to be here : https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/a...415872dfde9864

Can you fix your great rom plz ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poussinou69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Agnes.m
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Just a silly question...
Can anyone explain what are PUB, bionic optimizations and krait optimizations?
These 3 things are really annoying me

JoeBananas_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default AW: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Excellent ROM, but i had a random Reboot After playing shadowgun today with flickering screen afterwards and wallpaper changed to Stock wallpaper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

pa.pn2
Old
(Last edited by pa.pn2; 24th February 2013 at 08:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnes.m View Post
Just a silly question...
Can anyone explain what are PUB, bionic optimizations and krait optimizations?
These 3 things are really annoying me
PUB means Project Unicorn Butter and includes optimizations for the qualcom Krait cpu..but just for the nexus 4...to get a smoother feeling
the bionic stuff are inside optimizations while cooking the rom
correct me if im wrong guys...
LG Nexus 5 16gb black
Rom-PLSX
Kernel-Elemental
Radio-.23

Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16gb
Rom-Slim
Kernel-Fancy
Radio-XXLJ1

My Dropbox for Wallpaper,Docks, Icons and more:
http://db.tt/RTuSn4E
http://papn2.deviantart.com/gallery/

Click Thanks if I helped you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pa.pn2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drawde40599
Old
Thanks Meter 1315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fille84 View Post
Yeah, it really annoys me that every single AOKP ROM (4.2.2) Ive tried gives me reboots....
Been using this ROM since it became available never had a reboot , used it stock kernel for few days now on Franco all is good no issues at all ....
I did return to 100% stock 4.2.1, updated to 4.2.2 from google's OTA , then installed this ROM after FULL wipe .

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1849
Default Re: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Great news folks - build 4

Build 4 is out, they're uploading the builds right now to main AOKP site one device at a time.... Will be our time soon, then we await bigxie to sync, build and add in the PUB magic....

http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-4/

So a fun few days ahead (fingers crossed)
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Cataclysm 4.4.2 [Dec 12, 2013] (Franco [#r45.2 test]) root: [superSU v1.93]
Nexus 4 : mako
Rom (Kernel): AOKP_ROM 4.3.1 [#aokp_mako_jb-mr2_2013-11-14] (Franco [#r193-JWR])
Retired - HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ben_pyett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vangelis13
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7525
Default Re: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett View Post
Great news folks - build 4

Build 4 is out, they're uploading the builds right now to main AOKP site one device at a time.... Will be our time soon, then we await bigxie to sync, build and add in the PUB magic....

http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-4/

So a fun few days ahead (fingers crossed)
Thanks for the heads up!

Feck it, I'll dirty flash it on top of this to try.
ν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

"I know one thing, that I know nothing"

xrabbitfootx
Old
(Last edited by xrabbitfootx; 25th February 2013 at 02:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fille84 View Post
Yeah, it really annoys me that every single AOKP ROM (4.2.2) Ive tried gives me reboots....
pre-4.2.2 only gave me reboots when using google music on toro. never gave me reboots but would freeze then unfreeze on my nook tablet (unofficial port)

4.2.2 PUB has given me zero reboots for toro (stock kernel), but i get them daily on manta whether using stock, franco, or ktoonsez's. i don't mind, though it's odd since i don't play games and do less process intensive activities on my tablet (browse, read, and occasional youtube).

every rom has some issue which is the price i accept for bleeding edge features though, in my personal experience, the issues are more manageable when one sticks with one rom simply because one is better informed or a pattern emerges.

to each their own

Sent from my Nexus 10
if you don't have one, but you want us both to get extra storage on dropbox, click me now.