Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3+][V3.1.1] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assistant

Tip us?

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunq View Post
Awesome, have been looking for something like this!

One problem though, is that I want to be able to activate it with the headset button. My main reason for using a voice control app is that I live in a cold country and it would be great to be able to use my smartphone while it's still in my pocket and I don't have to take my gloves off when I'm out and about...

I thought I found a solution to the problem when i found an app called Headset Button Controller, which can be set to open an app or a shortcut with the headset button. Utter actually appeared in the shortcut list (inside the HeadsetButton Controller), but for some reason it doesn't work when I try to choose it... If there was some way to make the Utter shortcut work with the HeadsetButton Controller app that would be awesome! And it would solve a problem that I suspect many others have...

Keep up the good work, awesome app!
Have you tried the Quick Launch add-on app? I want to be able to do this, too, but I haven't gotten around to trying it. This app may show up in Headset Button Controller, though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NoLm51dHRlciJd
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freak4dell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cossack101
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Default Re: [APP 2.3+][V3.0.2] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milerpa View Post
Odd problem utter won't connect to Tasker! Any ideas anyone?
You need to enable external access in tasker. Also utter needs to be installed after Tasker. Try removing Utter! and reinstalling.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cossack101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lunq
Old
(Last edited by lunq; 24th February 2013 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell View Post
Have you tried the Quick Launch add-on app? I want to be able to do this, too, but I haven't gotten around to trying it. This app may show up in Headset Button Controller, though.
Hey, many thanks, it worked!

tstrooper
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: [APP 2.3+][V3.0.2] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasQ View Post
Okay so here's my idea to help improve utter!. it seems as though utter does not continue to listen after you finish you a command which is fine because pretty much all voice apps work like this. But my idea is for utter to have the ability to continue to listen to what you are saying so you can issue multiple commands back to back without having to relaunch utter again. And when you are finished issuing commands you can just say stop listening and utter will close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
+1
It would make a great advantage over other similar apps

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

maydaysos
Old
Thanks Meter 4
How do I executer utter command remotely
Motorola 2 way pager - retired
Sidekick color - sold
Sidekick2 Limited edition Mr. Kartoon - sold
MDA WIZARD - retired
Htc G1- apps2sd
FULL ROSIE OC's 528
odex optimized
Samsung behold 2
Samsung Vibrant
Samsung Galaxy S 2
Samsung Galaxy S 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

claudiaa
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Do over

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrooper View Post
+1
It would make a great advantage over other similar apps

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
That's already fixed. Just go into Settings/advanced. Settings/Try again/ask to repeat. Works Great

NicholasQ
Old
Thanks Meter 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiaa View Post
That's already fixed. Just go into Settings/advanced. Settings/Try again/ask to repeat. Works Great
No we are talking about issuing multiple commands back to back. Not a case of failed commands.

Example: "open whatsapp", utter opens and continues to listen, and you say "click on this conversation" and utter clicks on it. Then you say "enter text" and utter starts entering the text you want.

This is just one simple example among hundreds that could be very practical in everyday usage not to mention it would really set utter apart from the competition.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NicholasQ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Milerpa
Old
Thanks Meter 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack101 View Post
You need to enable external access in tasker. Also utter needs to be installed after Tasker. Try removing Utter! and reinstalling.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2
Many thanks that did the trick

GLDavis
Old
Thanks Meter 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasQ View Post
No we are talking about issuing multiple commands back to back. Not a case of failed commands.

Example: "open whatsapp", utter opens and continues to listen, and you say "click on this conversation" and utter clicks on it. Then you say "enter text" and utter starts entering the text you want.

This is just one simple example among hundreds that could be very practical in everyday usage not to mention it would really set utter apart from the competition.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Hey there, again I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and it would take some reworking of the code but workable. Multiple commands would be a great idea.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy SIII
The Following User Says Thank You to GLDavis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NicholasQ
Old
Thanks Meter 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLDavis View Post
Hey there, again I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and it would take some reworking of the code but workable. Multiple commands would be a great idea.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
Yes I know. I was explaining to her what I meant because she thought we were talking about something else.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Tags
android, command, speech, utter, voice assistant