Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

neroyoung

Oct 12, 2011
Pusad, MH
Only For Xperia Devices

Intro :

If you are trying to flash custom Kernal/ROM and getting an error of your device not been detected by your PC running on windows 8 then you will need to install the USB/ADB/Device drivers for your handsets.
This can be done by using following tutorial.

!! UPDATE !!
Date : 20 - April - 2014

Those who are on windows 8.1 and having trouble to install drivers will have to download and install windows 8.1 update from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929 and once you install that you can follow this guide.
Step 1 :

Suppose you are trying to install custom Kernal on windows 8 and you stuck at this screen and nothing happens even if you connect your device in fastboot mode then its due to missing drivers.

60406543.jpg

Step 2 :

So now lets get started. Press "Start Key/Windows Key + C" or move your cursor to top right corner of the screen to activate the Charm Bar and click on "Settings Button" as shown in following figure.

26586500.jpg

Step 3 :

Now the setting panel will open. Click "Change PC Settings" from the bottom as shown.

79057963.jpg

Step 4 :

Now you will have this PC Settings screen.

26072847.jpg

Now click on General Tab. and scroll down to the bottom to find "Advance Start up Option" as shown below and click on Restart. This is immediate restart so make sure all programs are closed and saved.

21574863.jpg

Step 5 :

Your PC will reboot into Advance Start Up option. And you will see following screen. Now simply press on "Troubleshoot" option.

52005836.jpg

Step 6 :

In troubleshoot click on "Advance Options" .

66655094.jpg

Step 7 :

In advance option select "Start-Up Settings" .

11527126.jpg

Step 8 :

Now just press restart button in Start-Up settings as shown below. Your system will reboot in Start-Up Option Mode.

51593210.jpg

Step 9 :

Now after your system is rebooted you will get this following screen. Here to choose options we have to use function keys. Now press "F7" to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" .
Now your PC will boot with Disabled Driver Signature Enforcement and you will be able to install Flashtool/Fastboot drivers.
You can get this drivers from Post #2.

25869640.jpg

Last edited:

neroyoung

Oct 12, 2011
Pusad, MH
Flashtool/Fastboot Drivers

Installing Flashtool/Flashboot Drivers

Step 1 :

Download the Flashtool/Fastboot Drivers from this link.

[Xperia Device] Flashtool & Fastboot Drivers.zip

And extract it using winRAR or 7zip software.
Click on "[Xperia Device] Flashtool & Fastboot Drivers.exe".

10805164.jpg

Step 2 :

Setup will start, Click Next.

80294245.jpg

Step 3 :

Scroll down in selection panel and tick Fastboot dirvers and flastool drivers and click Next.

26464332.jpg

Step 4 :

Now pop up drivers installation menu will appear. Click Next to proceed.
A red alert Allow box will appear, simply allow it and install the drivers. Do this until the driver installation finishes.
Finally, check which drivers are succeeded in installation from final screen, it will have green right tick if installation is succeeded.

72350776.jpg

Last edited:

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
i have revert back to 8. but just now saw a post in xda below. can someone try and post feedback here?

" I think I found a solution, at least for my case with a Rockusb device and windows 8.1:

It seems that there is a usb root hub driver for every usb connected device. after I connect mine and disable driver signature it says device not recognized, so I uninstall the corresponding "USB-Root-Hub" under "USB-Controller" in device manager. my corresponding "USB-Root-Hub" was, for some reason that I don't know, the 3rd one from the bottom. as soon as i deleted it, it recognized the device normally and I can use fastboot again with windows 8.1."

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44288852&postcount=24

Reactions: joaobot

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
ok good new guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did install 8.1 and tried the method i have posted above. and it did work :) not the 3rd USB-Root-Hub worked for me but i did uninstall several and even mouse stared not working but then it did work. so i repeat what i did..

first thing after flash 8.1 was i went to disable driver signature . then went into device manage and turn off my phone and connect it. as usual message came "device not recognized," so i did uninstall the Usb controll. u can see triangular mark there. then uninstall USB-Root-Hub. i didn removed several :p then i install flashtools and then installed drivers inside flashtools. yeahhhhhhhhhh and all works now :)

try your self guys :)

mathewgx

Feb 25, 2012
I tried the above method.
Phone is connected in flashmode but not in fastboot.
Am I doing something wrong ? Is there any way to flash kernel in flashmode ?

mathewgx

Feb 25, 2012
Yes , I installed flashmode and fastboot drivers , from drivers folder of flashtool directory. But , my phone is only recognized in flashmode , even if I connect it while pressing up volume button ( that is fastboot for xperia ray).

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes , I installed flashmode and fastboot drivers , from drivers folder of flashtool directory. But , my phone is only recognized in flashmode , even if I connect it while pressing up volume button ( that is fastboot for xperia ray).

Well i know this is some confusing. anyway my phone is RAY too. after doing above mentioned method mine is working fine. by the way i did it in a fresh install of Win 8.1. and the first thing after install i did it to check if it work or not. so i dont know if u can do the same.

suggest you to try again. if u can post a screen pic of you device manager

mathewgx

Feb 25, 2012
When I connect my RAY , is always recognized as flashmode (SEMC flash device at device manager).
But in win 8 , there is a Sony Ericsson seehcri Control Device at device manager when in fastboot. So , I think that is the river i'm missing.

surajdhanuki

Jul 2, 2011
Coimbatore
guyss help... i have successfully flashed the mobile.... but when i try to switch it on.. the red led blinks but the mobile doesnt start up... when i put it in charge, green light is on.. i tried powering on while charging still no luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only For Xperia Devices

Intro :

If you are trying to flash custom Kernal/ROM and getting an error of your device not been detected by your PC running on windows 8 then you will need to install the USB/ADB/Device drivers for your handsets.
    This can be done by using following tutorial.

!! UPDATE !!
    Date : 20 - April - 2014

Those who are on windows 8.1 and having trouble to install drivers will have to download and install windows 8.1 update from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929 and once you install that you can follow this guide.
    Step 1 :

Suppose you are trying to install custom Kernal on windows 8 and you stuck at this screen and nothing happens even if you connect your device in fastboot mode then its due to missing drivers.

60406543.jpg

Step 2 :

So now lets get started. Press "Start Key/Windows Key + C" or move your cursor to top right corner of the screen to activate the Charm Bar and click on "Settings Button" as shown in following figure.

26586500.jpg

Step 3 :

Now the setting panel will open. Click "Change PC Settings" from the bottom as shown.

79057963.jpg

Step 4 :

Now you will have this PC Settings screen.

26072847.jpg

Now click on General Tab. and scroll down to the bottom to find "Advance Start up Option" as shown below and click on Restart. This is immediate restart so make sure all programs are closed and saved.

21574863.jpg

Step 5 :

Your PC will reboot into Advance Start Up option. And you will see following screen. Now simply press on "Troubleshoot" option.

52005836.jpg

Step 6 :

In troubleshoot click on "Advance Options" .

66655094.jpg

Step 7 :

In advance option select "Start-Up Settings" .

11527126.jpg

Step 8 :

Now just press restart button in Start-Up settings as shown below. Your system will reboot in Start-Up Option Mode.

51593210.jpg

Step 9 :

Now after your system is rebooted you will get this following screen. Here to choose options we have to use function keys. Now press "F7" to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" .
    Now your PC will boot with Disabled Driver Signature Enforcement and you will be able to install Flashtool/Fastboot drivers.
    You can get this drivers from Post #2.

25869640.jpg

Flashtool/Fastboot Drivers

Installing Flashtool/Flashboot Drivers

Step 1 :

Download the Flashtool/Fastboot Drivers from this link.

[Xperia Device] Flashtool & Fastboot Drivers.zip

And extract it using winRAR or 7zip software.
    Click on "[Xperia Device] Flashtool & Fastboot Drivers.exe".

10805164.jpg

Step 2 :

Setup will start, Click Next.

80294245.jpg

Step 3 :

Scroll down in selection panel and tick Fastboot dirvers and flastool drivers and click Next.

26464332.jpg

Step 4 :

Now pop up drivers installation menu will appear. Click Next to proceed.
    A red alert Allow box will appear, simply allow it and install the drivers. Do this until the driver installation finishes.
    Finally, check which drivers are succeeded in installation from final screen, it will have green right tick if installation is succeeded.

72350776.jpg

@neroyoung

the wuala link is dead, could you please reload ? ;)

Link Updated
    FASTBOOT IN WIN 8.1

finally guys i got it working. dont know this method was shared earlier than in this thread by @n70shan.

things u need
    1. windows 8.1 installed pc of course . with flashtool and drivers installed.
    2 little file called Take ownership
    3 usb files form WIN 8
    for x86 system
    for x64 sysem

go to C > windows > System32 > drivers and copy and save usbhub.sys and usbport.sys in some location just in case if this didnt work for you. you can replace them back and have the PC going without any issue if something goes wrong . which is highly unlikely :)

install InstallTakeOwnership.reg from the take ownership zip.
    go to C > windows > System32 > drivers
    right click and select take ownership for the 2 usb files ( usbhub.sys and usbport.sys )
    copy paste from the given usb files to your pc and replace the current
    reboot

:)

now you should have fastboot and flashmode without any issue in your Win 8.1

so the concept is given . u can do your little investigations and get it work in your PC just in case my usb files didnt work in your pc. i got my x86 usb files by installing Win 8 in a partition of my pc just to get the files :)

have fun and distribute this to everyone cos i know this was a rally big issue for many for many many time

have fun . cheers :)
    share update for windows 8.1 for working fastboot/flashtool driver
    you must download and install this update...

link>>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929

ENJOY FLASHING :good: