[Q] Replacement email app (J butterfly)

Search This thread

Jbutterfly

Jan 30, 2013
I'm pretty new to android phones and moved from a softbank iPhone 4 to a J Butterfly on AU. It's awesome, as is the Aurora 1.02 rom I'm running on it (thanks IS03!) but there's one thing that really bugs me.... The AU email app is so basic it's not true! To give you an idea....

• Notifications don't include any information other than an email has arrived
  • Clicking on the notification re-opens the app, not the email in question
  • So you then have to click on your inbox and the mail to see what's going on
  • Replying takes way more steps than it should (tap reply, tap body, type, click done, click send)

I've tried using the gmail and outlook apps and they're not bad at all as email apps, but lacking for chatting. I've tried some SMS apps that feature iPhone esque themes and they look good, but unfortunately SMS is basically unused in Japan - people can't reply to me. So after all that background, finally my question:

Is there simple, streamlined email client that works great for chatting?

Thanks for any and all advice!

JB

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
I'm pretty new to android phones and moved from a softbank iPhone 4 to a J Butterfly on AU. It's awesome, as is the Aurora 1.02 rom I'm running on it (thanks IS03!) but there's one thing that really bugs me.... The AU email app is so basic it's not true! To give you an idea....

• Notifications don't include any information other than an email has arrived
  • Clicking on the notification re-opens the app, not the email in question
  • So you then have to click on your inbox and the mail to see what's going on
  • Replying takes way more steps than it should (tap reply, tap body, type, click done, click send)

I've tried using the gmail and outlook apps and they're not bad at all as email apps, but lacking for chatting. I've tried some SMS apps that feature iPhone esque themes and they look good, but unfortunately SMS is basically unused in Japan - people can't reply to me. So after all that background, finally my question:

Is there simple, streamlined email client that works great for chatting?

Thanks for any and all advice!

JB

Didn't seem like there's anything like that on au's end, I'd have found it by now as I share your frustrations.

Many people I know are using Line, though. I haven't really used the standard email app in quite a while.

Sent from my HTL21 using xda premium

Jbutterfly

Jan 30, 2013
Didn't seem like there's anything like that on au's end, I'd have found it by now as I share your frustrations.

Many people I know are using Line, though. I haven't really used the standard email app in quite a while.

Sent from my HTL21 using xda premium

Thanks for the reply. A few of my Japanese friends are using Line, I guess it's time to get on board!