Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

Tip us?

DefTaker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Is it just me or was the 'Reboot into Recovery' mode removed? I only have the reboot option now...running 2/24 nightly.
Phone: Nexus 5
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

SteveMurphy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,164
Default Re: [Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefTaker View Post
Is it just me or was the 'Reboot into Recovery' mode removed? I only have the reboot option now...running 2/24 nightly.
You have to enable it under Developer Options now, under Advanced Reboot or something like that.

Sent from the i777
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DefTaker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy View Post
You have to enable it under Developer Options now, under Advanced Reboot or something like that.

Sent from the i777
Ah, they moved it. Thank you!

liquid64
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I am really excited about the new mali updates with the latest build. The only things I have noticed (and I know they have been reported already), is that audio recording apps are still broken, such as a recording with the video camera, or using the voice search with google (ie holding down the search button). I know that doesn't have anything to do with the new mali updates, but was introduced with the new open source camera stuff/update 8 kernel.

Thanks to all that have been working hard on this.

kufusoto
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

For some reason the newest nightly won't recognize my baseband

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

DefTaker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slusho View Post
Since we've been talking about our next phones, what about the HTC One? It looks like HTC is a bit slow to update, but are their phones easy to get CM running on? Blink Feed and stereo front-facing speakers are really tempting, though I'd want the option to flash CM.
I have to say that I'm intrigued by the HTC One. It looks like a solid and well-built phone. The blinkfeed looks interesting and the camera seems to be of great quality. Dislike the lack of expandable memory though. I guess it won't matter for me since I'm not eligible for an upgrade till October of this year anyway.

DefTaker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by VannMann View Post
Anyone tried the new nightly cm-10.1-20130224-NIGHTLY-i777? Just curious, I am at work at the moment and planed on trying it tonight.
Flashed it and found out that my screen won't rotate which also affects games (i.e.: Temple Run 1 & 2 immediately close and won't play (not FCs - they open and then immediately close themselves); I guess this is due to some tinkering affecting the gyroscope and accelerometer?

I think Entropy says he'll fix those later as he's had a super busy week.

Ended up going back to 2/18 nightly for now as this build seems to work fine.

122ninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 945

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefTaker View Post
Flashed it and found out that my screen won't rotate which also affects games (i.e.: Temple Run 1 & 2 immediately close and won't play (not FCs - they open and then immediately close themselves); I guess this is due to some tinkering affecting the gyroscope and accelerometer?

I think Entropy says he'll fix those later as he's had a super busy week.

Ended up going back to 2/18 nightly for now as this build seems to work fine.
Seems to be a 4.2.2 bug

Sent from my GS4 running CM11 Kandy Kane
Galaxy S 5 (ATT) Rooted

jiggabyte
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kufusoto View Post
For some reason the newest nightly won't recognize my baseband

I've had that problem for a couple nightlies. Upon a reboot, I have no reception and can't search for carrier networks. Checking phone stats shows a lot of unknown fields even though it's reporting some level of Db reception. If I leave it alone for 5-10 minutes it eventually figures out the signal. Not sure how to fix it besides my usual "leave it alone for a bit" method.

kufusoto
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggabyte View Post
I've had that problem for a couple nightlies. Upon a reboot, I have no reception and can't search for carrier networks. Checking phone stats shows a lot of unknown fields even though it's reporting some level of Db reception. If I leave it alone for 5-10 minutes it eventually figures out the signal. Not sure how to fix it besides my usual "leave it alone for a bit" method.
This is so weird