Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more
Post Reply

So today my e975 arrived. What to do first?

OP Singlddy

20th February 2013, 08:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Hi all,

Today my LG Optimus G E975 finaly arrived. I live in Europe (NL) so I waited for this model to not get in trouble with frequency bands in a few months when LTE will become available here. According to the specs I wouldn't have a problem with LTE with at least half of the providers.

My provider probably will not implement it soon so I can switch to a good one at that time. Now I have slow UMTS 364kb/s but eey it is unlimited for 50ct a day. streaming over 10G a month. When I putted my simcard in it had no problem detecting anything it even changed the language of the phone to my own, i wouldn't have a problem with english but ok it is easy.

Qslide apps are in the notification bar. It comes with JB 4.1.2 straight from the box and had the right plug for me. Both English and European.

It even updated E97510a-OPEN-HK to E97510b-OPEN-HK, again something i didn't expect from a phone ordered internationally (updates are a B.eautiful I.ntelligent T.easing C.harismatic H.ermaphrodite here for outside phones) so I am very pleased.



So obviously what to do first with this phone? I don't need root yet as I am not intrested in trying new roms in the next couple of weeks but what about themes and tweaks? Any European users that know a place where they would sell the right bumper or otterbox and/or screen protectors that I don't need to ship from US or asia? I don't feel like waiting for weeks or pay for express delivery to double the price.

23rd February 2013, 08:34 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
F180l update to e975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlddy

Hi all,

Today my LG Optimus G E975 finaly arrived. I live in Europe (NL) so I waited for this model to not get in trouble with frequency bands in a few months when LTE will become available here. According to the specs I wouldn't have a problem with LTE with at least half of the providers.

My provider probably will not implement it soon so I can switch to a good one at that time. Now I have slow UMTS 364kb/s but eey it is unlimited for 50ct a day. streaming over 10G a month. When I putted my simcard in it had no problem detecting anything it even changed the language of the phone to my own, i wouldn't have a problem with english but ok it is easy.

Qslide apps are in the notification bar. It comes with JB 4.1.2 straight from the box and had the right plug for me. Both English and European.

It even updated E97510a-OPEN-HK to E97510b-OPEN-HK, again something i didn't expect from a phone ordered internationally (updates are a B.eautiful I.ntelligent T.easing C.harismatic H.ermaphrodite here for outside phones) so I am very pleased.



So obviously what to do first with this phone? I don't need root yet as I am not intrested in trying new roms in the next couple of weeks but what about themes and tweaks? Any European users that know a place where they would sell the right bumper or otterbox and/or screen protectors that I don't need to ship from US or asia? I don't feel like waiting for weeks or pay for express delivery to double the price.

Hi sir I'm from united kingdom. I bought an LG OPTIMUS G F180L from Korea. Is it possible to update f180l lte version to e975 lte version. I don't like the version of f180l there are few apps that cannot uninstall.

Please help and guide me.

Thanks
23rd February 2013, 08:35 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by baguhanx90

Hi sir I'm from united kingdom. I bought an LG OPTIMUS G F180L from Korea. Is it possible to update f180l lte version to e975 lte version. I don't like the version of f180l there are few apps that cannot uninstall.

Please help and guide me.

Thanks

exactly this is my problem and want to apply e975 version onto my F180L/e973
25th February 2013, 01:29 AM   |  #4  
Member
USA
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlddy

Hi all,

Today my LG Optimus G E975 finaly arrived. I live in Europe (NL) so I waited for this model to not get in trouble with frequency bands in a few months when LTE will become available here. According to the specs I wouldn't have a problem with LTE with at least half of the providers.

My provider probably will not implement it soon so I can switch to a good one at that time. Now I have slow UMTS 364kb/s but eey it is unlimited for 50ct a day. streaming over 10G a month. When I putted my simcard in it had no problem detecting anything it even changed the language of the phone to my own, i wouldn't have a problem with english but ok it is easy.

Qslide apps are in the notification bar. It comes with JB 4.1.2 straight from the box and had the right plug for me. Both English and European.

It even updated E97510a-OPEN-HK to E97510b-OPEN-HK, again something i didn't expect from a phone ordered internationally (updates are a B.eautiful I.ntelligent T.easing C.harismatic H.ermaphrodite here for outside phones) so I am very pleased.



So obviously what to do first with this phone? I don't need root yet as I am not intrested in trying new roms in the next couple of weeks but what about themes and tweaks? Any European users that know a place where they would sell the right bumper or otterbox and/or screen protectors that I don't need to ship from US or asia? I don't feel like waiting for weeks or pay for express delivery to double the price.


hello dear , from where you bought the phone LG E975 UK version? i want to buy one t use it in USA and then use in in Meddil east. do you know whatking of frequency support? and is it comeing with another carrier applicatons?

Thanks
26th February 2013, 08:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by baguhanx90

Hi sir I'm from united kingdom. I bought an LG OPTIMUS G F180L from Korea. Is it possible to update f180l lte version to e975 lte version. I don't like the version of f180l there are few apps that cannot uninstall.

Please help and guide me.

Thanks

Im not sure, as I did not try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws1727

hello dear , from where you bought the phone LG E975 UK version? i want to buy one t use it in USA and then use in in Meddil east. do you know whatking of frequency support? and is it comeing with another carrier applicatons?

Thanks

I send it to you in pm
26th February 2013, 10:12 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlddy

Im not sure, as I did not try it.



I send it to you in pm

send it to everybody man
26th February 2013, 07:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEthos

send it to everybody man

Not sure if I am allowed to make an obvious link to a store on XDA but I'm sure someone will remove it if it is needed http://www.mobicity.co.uk/lg-e975-optimus-g-lte-4g.html

Just for clearity
ROM E97510a-OPEN-HK
European and UK plug
Last edited by Singlddy; 26th February 2013 at 07:05 PM.
26th February 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Re: So today my e975 arrived. What to do first?
don worry noone will remove anything..

Edit ..
hey but there is nothing we wanted link of tools r roms

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app
Last edited by iEthos; 26th February 2013 at 07:25 PM.
28th February 2013, 04:10 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
root, freegee, cm10.1 port, show off
2nd March 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
I'm reeally confused as well as tensed about compatibility of ROMs between E970, E973 and the E975......which I bought. I owned a ZTE Blade which ruled in moddability, lets see whats the future for Optimus G !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Optimus G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank