Sense ICS browser bug. Cursor moving randomly.

25th February 2013, 01:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

169 posts
Some background
I noticed this back when Sense ICS leaked out but it was never fixed. Then I moved on to AOSP roms which don't have this problem but I want my 3d back so I'm back to sense roms and the bug is still there even on newer sense roms. Note I haven't tried the Sense 4 roms as they are less functional than AOSP roms.

The bug
The cursor moves randomly. This is specially annoying when typing in forums. To recreate this bug it's simple. Just log into any forum and type a comment. Right away you may notice the bug after you type your user name when you click on the password field sometimes your username will flash in the password box momentarily. Now type out a couple of sentences in a comment box. At this point sometimes the cursor repositions itself mid sentence while you are typing. Again this is random so it doesn't always happen but typing fast (with either stock, swype or swiftkey it doesn't matter) seems to make it happen more often. Now if that doesn't make it happen try editing a word in the middle of the sentence not by selecting but by putting the cursor ahead of the word and hitting the backspace arrow. You'll notice the word will get deleted then magically reappear making it near impossible to edit text. Sometimes the entire word reappears and other times only some letters in it reappear.

What can you do about this?
If you are on a sense rom. Can you replicate the bug? What rom are you using? What browser? Do you know of a workaround?
25th February 2013, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 131

541 posts
More
For some reason, Sense Roms do not like browsers.
I know people will disagree with me here, but, when running any version of Sense, Chrome would be horrible on it. It would flicker, lag, everything went wrong.

When I tried an AOSP or Cyanogen Mod Rom, Chrome worked perfectly.

It's a sense issue.
Stock browser should work fine though, as well as dolphin.
26th February 2013, 06:29 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Pusad
Thanks Meter: 527

1,017 posts
More
Re: Sense ICS browser bug. Cursor moving randomly.
Try the new chrome beta... It works perfect on all roms (not sure if the latest version will work correctly but the version that I have has no issues on any rom.)

@OP yes the cursor bug is still there.... Only solution for now is to use another browser.

EDIT : I see you edited it yourself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread