Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 88 32.23%
Somewhat Easy 43 15.75%
Easy 71 26.01%
Difficult 29 10.62%
Somewhat Difficult 16 5.86%
Very Difficult 26 9.52%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

OP prokennexusa

25th February 2013, 01:39 AM   |  #1071  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 963

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question How to update kindle fire first aide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinsman

I get errors that the file exists in an otherwise empty directory, twice. I've attached screen shots. I've tried using both winrar and 7-zip and gotten the error both times.

Flinsman,

***************HOW TO UPDATE KINDLE FIRE FIRST AIDE*******************

Step 1: Download the update, save a copy of the update to your desktop

Step 2: Unzip the update TO THE DESKTOP as KFFirstAide32 or KFFirstAide64

Step 3: Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide look in the Backup folder, do you have any Backup images? If yes, Right Hand Mouse Click over the C:\KFFirstAide\Backup folder choose COPY then navigate to your Desktop choose PASTE this will copy the the Backup image folder and images to your desktop in a folder named Backup, there should be 3 images in this folder if you did a 17 Backup with our software. If you never did a 17 backup ignore this step.

Step 4: Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide look in the KindleBackup folder, do you have any images? If yes, Right Hand Mouse Click over the C:\KFFirstAide\KindleBackup folder choose COPY then navigate to your Desktop choose PASTE this will copy the KindleBackup image folder and images to your desktop in a folder named KindleBackup, there should be 11 images in this folder if you did a 13 Backup with our software. If you never did a 13 backup ignore this step.

Step 5: Next navigate to C:\KFFirstAide DELETE the folder and contents

Step 6: Navigate to your Desktop, find KFFirstAide32 or KFFirstAide64. Rename the KFFirstAide32 or KFFirstAide64 to KFFirstAide on your Desktop

Step 7: Inspect the Desktop folder name, make sure it is KFFirstAide

Step 8: Right Hand Mouse Click over the desktop folder named KFFirstAide choose "Cut", next navigate to C:\ - make sure you are not highlighting any folders and choose "Paste" - the folder KFFirstAide will now copy to C:\ - if this fails for some reason choose Copy and Past rater than Cut and Paste

Step 9: Only do this step if you did Step 3, otherwise ignore this step. Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide, Right Hand Mose Click over the folder named Backup, choose DELETE.

Step 10: Only do this step if you did Step 4, otherwise ignore this step. Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide, Right Hand Mouse Click over the folder named KindleBackup, choose DELETE.

Step 11: Only do this step if you did Step 3, navigate to you Windows Desktop, find the folder named Backup, Right Hand Mose Click over the Backup folder, choose "Cut", then navigate to C:\KFFirstAide and choose PASTE. If this fails choose Copy and Paste.

Step 12: Only do this step if you did Step 4, navigate to you Windows Desktop, find the folder named KindleBackup, Right Hand Mose Click over the KindleBackup folder, choose "Cut", then navigate to C:\KFFirstAide and choose PASTE. If this fails choose Copy and Paste.

Step 13: You may now remove the KFFirstAide, KindleBackup and Backup folders on your desktop, if they exist.

Step 14: Let's create a new shortcut. Find the current RunMe.bat shortcut on your desktop, delete it please.

Step 15: Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide find RunMe.bat - Right Hand Mose Click over RunMe.bat choose Send To - Desktop Create Shortcut

Step 16: Navigate to your Desktop find the new shortcut, Right Hand Mose Click choose Properties. Find a box and check "Run Program as Administrator" or "Run As Administrator" - Click Apply.

Step 17: Let's make sure you have the Path statement setup, please drop to a Windows Command

Step 18: Enter these commands:

Code:
cd C:\Windows\
adb kill-server
adb wait-for-device
adb devices
If you see a serial number after adb devices you are good to go. Close the Command Windows by typing exit. If the command failed, you are missing the path, we have several posts on setting up the Path, Post the error.

********UPDATE*********

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/25/13 at 00:30 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package:RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Box)

7-Zip for Windows 32-bit: Download

7-Zip for Windows 64-bit: Download

Oracle Java SE Update: Java SE Development Kit 7u15

Oracle Java SE 7u15 32-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-i586.exe

Oracle Java SE 7u15 64-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe
Last edited by prokennexusa; 25th February 2013 at 12:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prokennexusa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 02:00 AM   |  #1072  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 84

381 posts
Donate to Me
More
VERSION 62
RCLICK ON CMD.EXE
RUN AS ADMIN
CD C:\KFFIRSTAIDE
OPTION 23

Code:
failed to copy 'UniversalSearch.apk' to '/system/app/UniversalSearch.apk': No space left o
n device
2898 KB/s (1851756 bytes in 0.624s)
failed to copy 'libfacelock_jni.so' to '/system/lib/libfacelock_jni.so': No space left on
device
failed to copy 'libfilterpack_facedetect.so' to '/system/lib/libfilterpack_facedetect.so':
 No space left on device
failed to copy 'libflint_engine_jni_api.so' to '/system/lib/libflint_engine_jni_api.so': N
o space left on device
failed to copy 'libfrsdk.so' to '/system/lib/libfrsdk.so': No space left on device
failed to copy 'libgcomm_jni.so' to '/system/lib/libgcomm_jni.so': No space left on device

failed to copy 'libpicowrapper.so' to '/system/lib/libpicowrapper.so': No space left on de
vice
6610 KB/s (105604 bytes in 0.015s)
failed to copy 'libvideochat_jni.so' to '/system/lib/libvideochat_jni.so': No space left o
n device
5231 KB/s (83564 bytes in 0.015s)
13 KB/s (13644 bytes in 1.000s)
mount: mounting /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system on /system failed: De
vice or resource busy
mount: Device or resource busy

*We Are Now Setting Up The Services And Checking Permissions.*

Unable to chmod /system/app/com.bulletproof.voicerec.avxfree-1.apk: No such file or direct
ory
Unable to chmod /system/app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Gmail_4.2.1.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/GoogleTTS.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Google_Voice_0.4.2.72.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/MediaUploader.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/SetupWizard.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/UniversalSearch.apk: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/lib/libfacelock_jni.so: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/lib/libfilterpack_facedetect.so: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/lib/libflint_engine_jni_api.so: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/lib/libfrsdk.so: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/lib/libgcomm_jni.so: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/lib/libpicowrapper.so: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/lib/libvideochat_jni.so: No such file or directory

*  We Are Now Installing The Last Few Google App Packages.   *

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
25th February 2013, 02:22 AM   |  #1073  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Prompt
Hey Chris,

In the process of restoring my KFHD7 after installing Sony Loud!! I got a black screen and my computer no longer reconised the kindle in USB mode only fastboot mode so I was left with no choice but to restore, Since I only recently completely restored it doesn't matter much since I had little on it

I see you've made an update to those installs so I'll try it again after this, then hit my bed for some sleep!

Thanks for all your hard work, looks like you've made alot of progress today!

*********Seems the restore can't progress it says Fastboot.exe - System Error - The program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing****** Update - Added a AdbWinApi.dll from a previous build and the restore is working as normal now!

Oh yeah I meant to ask, Does it need to download the images each time it does a restore? Can't it store them locally after the push/write? My connection is fairly quick so its not so much an issue! plus I'll create a backup next time, the one I uploaded to my own dropbox didn't really save fully.. >.<
Last edited by PaulJCW; 25th February 2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Question!
25th February 2013, 02:36 AM   |  #1074  
Thanks Meter: 256

1,573 posts
More
pro, please, add this to your tool, i loved it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2149122 you can add the homescreen to the list
Last edited by persano; 25th February 2013 at 02:40 AM.
25th February 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #1075  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan

Chris,

My kindle's kindle fire logo is orange usually , but it turns blue if i run option 27, first the usual red but the animated glowing one is blue, My kindle is the 7" an i do have a factory, I am not really stuck, I can re-flash the system image at any time i just want to know why this happens every time i try option 27 .

AmrBanawan,

Can you do me a BIG favor? We are trying to figure out what is Bricking the Kindle with option 27, we are uploading file by file, rebooting between each upload to see which file is causing the trouble.

In the mean time please post the output from this:

Code:
cd C:\KFFirstAide
adb push xsystem/app/AudioEffectService.apk /system/app/AudioEffectService.apk
adb push xsystem\app\AudioEffectService.apk /system/app/AudioEffectService.apk
Drop me a screen shot of the output if possible. Give me 4 or 5 hours we will figure this out but I need this feedback first.

Thanks!
25th February 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #1076  
Thanks Meter: 0

48 posts
I've been trying the assorted listed tests and fixes and still can't successfully install busybox or get past the nul file creation. I have verified the path statement and the adb drivers but am stumped at this point. It seems to all boil down to a read/write permissions issue. What information would you like me to provide?
25th February 2013, 04:31 AM   |  #1077  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 44

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa

AmrBanawan,

Can you do me a BIG favor? We are trying to figure out what is Bricking the Kindle with option 27, we are uploading file by file, rebooting between each upload to see which file is causing the trouble.

In the mean time please post the output from this:

Code:
cd C:\KFFirstAide
adb push xsystem/app/AudioEffectService.apk /system/app/AudioEffectService.apk
adb push xsystem\app\AudioEffectService.apk /system/app/AudioEffectService.apk
Drop me a screen shot of the output if possible. Give me 4 or 5 hours we will figure this out but I need this feedback first.

Thanks!

Code:
C:\KFFirstAide>cd C:\KFFirstAide

C:\KFFirstAide>adb push xsystem/app/AudioEffectService.apk /system/app/AudioEffe
ctService.apk
failed to copy 'xsystem/app/AudioEffectService.apk' to '/system/app/AudioEffectS
ervice.apk': Read-only file system

C:\KFFirstAide>adb push xsystem\app\AudioEffectService.apk /system/app/AudioEffe
ctService.apk
failed to copy 'xsystem\app\AudioEffectService.apk' to '/system/app/AudioEffectS
ervice.apk': Read-only file system

C:\KFFirstAide>

I am now downloading latest version rev 62

will post option 27 results as soon as possible
Last edited by AmrBanawan; 25th February 2013 at 04:52 AM.
25th February 2013, 06:14 AM   |  #1078  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 44

245 posts
More
KFFAide rev 62 option 27 output screenshots

The kindle does not get bricked anymore, But it doesn't install successfully either!

And no blue kindle logo anymore
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1758810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	1758811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_3.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1758812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_4.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	1758813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_5.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	1758816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_6.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	1758817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_7.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1758818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_8.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	1758819  
25th February 2013, 07:16 AM   |  #1079  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 22:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan

Chris,

My kindle's kindle fire logo is orange usually , but it turns blue if i run option 27, first the usual red but the animated glowing one is blue, My kindle is the 7" an i do have a factory, I am not really stuck, I can re-flash the system image at any time i just want to know why this happens every time i try option 27 .

AmrBanawan,

We are uploading this update to Box as well for the people that do not like Dropbox.

Found the culprit files. When Sony provided us with the source code they gave us Jelly Bean code by accident, part of these files were uploaded to the distribution server by accident, Sorry! This update is due to your effort, we were able to fix the issue due to your vigilance, thank you AmrBanawan!

This has been tested file by file, Option 27, 28 and 29 are finally fixed. We also added Option 38 to fix a Kindle that received a broken update.

********UPDATE*********

Version 4.1.65-Beta Change Log:
1. Added New Code To Check For Temp If Missing Create One
2. Added Fix Permissions to Option 27, 28 and 29
3. Missing Temp Directory Causes Fix Permissions to Fail - Fixed Issue
4. Removed and replaced files that broke the Kindle
5. Added Fix Broken installation option

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 22:02 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

25th February 2013, 07:23 AM   |  #1080  
Flag Petaluma

2,637 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 22:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by duahetcaday

Hi prokennexusa

duahetcaday,

I am sorry for the delay, we have been spending most of the day working on the solution for everyone who has been having issues.

We did solve the problem, if the Kindle has Booted up and flashes and acts slow, here is the fix:

Step 1: Use ES File Explorer with Superuser permissions, navigate to /data/ find local.prop delete local.prop then reboot.

Step 1 (Alternative): Launch Kindle Fire First Aide - select Option 38, pay close attention to the Options in the Submenu.

If you have any questions please post them here in this thread.

Thank you for your patience. Here is the update:

********UPDATE*********

Version 4.1.65-Beta at 22:02 Change Log:
1. Added New Code To Check For Temp If Missing Create One
2. Added Fix Permissions to Option 27, 28 and 29
3. Missing Temp Directory Causes Fix Permissions to Fail - Fixed Issue
4. Removed and replaced files that broke the Kindle
5. Added Fix Broken installation option

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta RunMe 02/24/13 at 22:02 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.65-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility
Previous Thread Next Thread