Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Tip us?

Maraņa81
Old
(Last edited by Maraņa81; 24th February 2013 at 01:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I atach a screen shot of mac to check if i did it right but it dosn't show.it say this

Last login: Sun Feb 24 12:43:44
:~ /Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS\ 4/tools/Backup_efs ; exit;
show partition
/Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS 4/tools/Backup_efs: line 5: tools/./adb: No such file or directory
Backup efs partition
/Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS 4/tools/Backup_efs: line 9: tools/adb: No such file or directory
pull efs.img
/Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS 4/tools/Backup_efs: line 13: tools/adb: No such file or directory
logout

[Proceso completado]

trubster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet Recording Calls?

Hi, I have a Note II and want to put a custom rom on to allow me to automatically record calls, I have tried the apps and the only way i can do it is on loudspeaker and microphone.

Which is the best rom to use for this feature?

Thanks

Kev

(The phone is a ROM virgin and has stock rom on)
I have rooted and put custom roms on my S3 but never risked it on the note 2.
SG Note 3 SM-N9005 on 3 UK - Download Record: 30.48 Mbps download speed, 3.86 Mbps upload speed (DC-HSDPA)

SG Gear: Rooted and running Null CFW

Proud member of the KNOX 0x1 Club, I couldn't resist life without AdBlock Plus on my phone.

Possibly a member of the "TrafficNonSense" club on 3 UK

Before Midnight:
After Midnight:

igoivo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default two general questions

Hi
I have three general questions to which I was unable to find the answers:
1) Which app should I use to find an apk installation information (app and data names and the installation paths) ?
(To find the files and folders for the manual binding or transfer to SD).
2) Does exist a way to make a file binding (like it is for the folders in the "Directory Bind" application) ?
(It's to save space in Samsung devices where normal app transfer to Sd card is impossible)
3) Does exist a way (password protection ?) against ROM re-flashing (both by custom recovery and via Odin) ?
(It's for protection against thief)

Rickav
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by trubster View Post
Hi, I have a Note II and want to put a custom rom on to allow me to automatically record calls, I have tried the apps and the only way i can do it is on loudspeaker and microphone.

Which is the best rom to use for this feature?

Thanks

Kev

(The phone is a ROM virgin and has stock rom on)
I have rooted and put custom roms on my S3 but never risked it on the note 2.
@ trubster

Well... That's a pretty open question... I mean there are numerous decent ROMs out there with built in Call Recording features and whatnot... It really depends on what kind of ROMs you like...

You mentioned your phone is a ROM virgin, thus I'm assuming you don't have any significant problems with the Stock ROM as it is... Thus, you might want to give Omega ROM a try. It has call recording amongst many other features which you might also like... And it's a pretty good ROM overall as well. So yeah... Something like that...Omega ROM.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoivo View Post
Hi
I have three general questions to which I was unable to find the answers:
1) Which app should I use to find an apk installation information (app and data names and the installation paths) ?
(To find the files and folders for the manual binding or transfer to SD).
2) Does exist a way to make a file binding (like it is for the folders in the "Directory Bind" application) ?
(It's to save space in Samsung devices where normal app transfer to Sd card is impossible)
3) Does exist a way (password protection ?) against ROM re-flashing (both by custom recovery and via Odin) ?
(It's for protection against thief)
@ igoivo

1. ES File Explorer is a pretty solid app for such tasks. Speaking of which, Solid Explorer is pretty good too, but a paid app.
2. I'll be honest, I'm not too sure about file binding. Best to ask a more experienced member.
3. As far as I know, there does not or can not exist a custom recovery that can be password protected. For a more accurate opinion, I would ask the developer of whatever ROM you are using.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rickav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zafarsharif
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 2 downloading issues

Hi,

Everytime i download an excel file, it downloads with the extension .html. Than i am unable to open the file. it used to work fine a couple of weeks ago, so not sure why its doing it now. Can anyone help me with changing the setting back to what it should be??

Rickav
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafarsharif View Post
Hi,

Everytime i download an excel file, it downloads with the extension .html. Than i am unable to open the file. it used to work fine a couple of weeks ago, so not sure why its doing it now. Can anyone help me with changing the setting back to what it should be??
@ zafarsharif

Do you use a different browser to the Stock one or Chrome...? Perhaps, the excel files themselves are not actually saved in .xls format but simply a link to it. Maybe you are downloading only the link to the file and not the file itself. What if the app you normally use to view these types of files is not the default app any more. Check none of these are the case and then come back if there's still a problem... Otherwise I haven't a clue as to what sparked that sudden but inevitable betrayal by your phone...

That was a Firefly reference. I have never watched Firefly. I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

trubster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickav View Post
@ trubster

Well... That's a pretty open question... I mean there are numerous decent ROMs out there with built in Call Recording features and whatnot... It really depends on what kind of ROMs you like...

You mentioned your phone is a ROM virgin, thus I'm assuming you don't have any significant problems with the Stock ROM as it is... Thus, you might want to give Omega ROM a try. It has call recording amongst many other features which you might also like... And it's a pretty good ROM overall as well. So yeah... Something like that...Omega ROM.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

@ igoivo

1. ES File Explorer is a pretty solid app for such tasks. Speaking of which, Solid Explorer is pretty good too, but a paid app.
2. I'll be honest, I'm not too sure about file binding. Best to ask a more experienced member.
3. As far as I know, there does not or can not exist a custom recovery that can be password protected. For a more accurate opinion, I would ask the developer of whatever ROM you are using.
Thanks, got as far as rooting and just about to put an omega rom on

Is there a way to tell the phone it is not ROOTED?

I use Barclays banking and it has stopped me using the app as my phone is rooted?
SG Note 3 SM-N9005 on 3 UK - Download Record: 30.48 Mbps download speed, 3.86 Mbps upload speed (DC-HSDPA)

SG Gear: Rooted and running Null CFW

Proud member of the KNOX 0x1 Club, I couldn't resist life without AdBlock Plus on my phone.

Possibly a member of the "TrafficNonSense" club on 3 UK

Before Midnight:
After Midnight:

zafarsharif
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default @Rick

thanks for your prompt help.

i use the stock app for internet. we upload our excel doc online to a website everynight. the same link that i click on the pc is the link i click on my phone, but on phone it down loads as html. it used to download the actual excel file and than i used polaris to open it. all was good until i download kris to connect phone to pc. since than i have all these little issues. i have uninstalled kris, but the problem still remains. this is important as it is work related and a real pain that i cant open the excel or word files that we upload on our web site.....

is there a setting that i am missing that related to downloading files and what type it will save it as???

Alexei Volkoff
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Contact's phone numbers digit grouping

My Note 2 groups my contact's phone numbers in 3 digit groups regardless of the length of the number e.g. 213 657 74 (not a real phone number). Is there any way to group them differently, e.g. 21 36 57 74 or just not group them at all (21365774)? Thanks.

tuxintosh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I want to buy 64GB korean version of GT-N7105 the LTE phone. And I want to make it to Hong Kong version. But the Hong Kong LTE model only have 16 or 32GB.
If I flash via Odin the Hong Kong stock rom 4.1.1 "N7105ZHALJ4 N7105ZZHALJ4" to the 64GB korean N7105. Will the koran version change to hong kong version and still have 64GB?