Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

MMS and Group Texting Problems

OP CISGS

25th December 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
CISGS's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 37
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Does anyone else's DNA not notify them when receiving an MMS or group message?

My lone gripe with this phone is the messaging experience.


Sent from the King's DNA
25th December 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #2  
Kleany's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
I got a mms yesterday and it notified me. No issues.

sent from HTC Droid DNA on Verizon.
25th December 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #3  
CISGS's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 37
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleany

I got a mms yesterday and it notified me. No issues.

sent from HTC Droid DNA on Verizon.

Do you have any third party sms applications installed?

Sent from the King's DNA
26th December 2012, 12:05 AM   |  #4  
Kleany's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Nope none at all.

sent from HTC Droid DNA on Verizon.
25th February 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Augusta, GA.
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Cannot send text messages Viper Rom
I read alot. I don't post alot. Wish I did because I have a legit issue and I cannot for the life of me get it figured out. I cannot send text messages on my DNA using the Viper DNA rom (Version 1.1.3).

Here are the specs if it helps.

Rooted and S-OFF
Radio is: 1.01.01.0110
Kernel is 3.4.10-dsb9938.Cubed.DNA.Stock.System.Write
Rom is ViperDNA 1.1.3
25th February 2013, 02:34 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 531
 
2,373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Re: MMS and Group Texting Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone073

I read alot. I don't post alot. Wish I did because I have a legit issue and I cannot for the life of me get it figured out. I cannot send text messages on my DNA using the Viper DNA rom (Version 1.1.3).

Here are the specs if it helps.

Rooted and S-OFF
Radio is: 1.01.01.0110
Kernel is 3.4.10-dsb9938.Cubed.DNA.Stock.System.Write
Rom is ViperDNA 1.1.3

What carrier are you on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
I have the same problem sometimes. I will get a text message but I wont get a notification. If i open my messages it will be there.

I am on Cubed + viper 1.1.3 S-OFF, ENG bootloader.

The problem comes and goes. I did a bunch of system cleaning (cleaning up unused apps/data, cleared cache/dalvik, fix permissions, etc) and the problem seems to be gone for now. But i can definitly tell you I was having the same problem. I suggest doing some of the above and seeing if it changes anything
25th February 2013, 06:24 AM   |  #8  
uppon2's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,222
 
2,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
I am from Australia and I have issues sometimes too running on GSM!. Things like failed texting and even calls failing because my phone thinks I'm dialling overseas. I resolved all of mine by changing all of my numbers to their country code extended file name. for example numbers in Australia look like this "0403045209" but I have now added my country code which is "+61" while using this code the first digit of the number needs to be dropped. In the end the number looks like this +61403045209. Everything now works perfectly fine.

If you are thinking to yourself oh crap now I need to go through and edit them all. The easiest solution is to go to your computer and log in to your gmail, up the top left you will see the "google" logo. Just underneath that you will see "gmail" click on this and change it to "contacts" - This might sound stupid me explaining it but it took me ages to figure this out lol.

I don't know if changing your numbers to their extended country code form will help, but it's worth a shot. For me, if I didn't do this, my phone thought I was dialling overseas. I think it is due to being Verizon, I dunno.

EDIT* I only needed to change "mobile numbers"
Last edited by uppon2; 25th February 2013 at 01:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to uppon2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 07:51 AM   |  #9  
Member
Flag Augusta, GA.
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unphazed MD

I have the same problem sometimes. I will get a text message but I wont get a notification. If i open my messages it will be there.

I am on Cubed + viper 1.1.3 S-OFF, ENG bootloader.

The problem comes and goes. I did a bunch of system cleaning (cleaning up unused apps/data, cleared cache/dalvik, fix permissions, etc) and the problem seems to be gone for now. But i can definitly tell you I was having the same problem. I suggest doing some of the above and seeing if it changes anything

Carrier is Verizon. I thought at first I was cleaning to much. I run a very lean setup. Very lean. If its on the debloat list chances are that I have removed it. The problem seems to have disappeared for the time being. I did a standard reboot and called someone and asked them to text me and it worked. Perhaps the problem may have been the radio because I had just flashed it when the problem started.

All is well for now.

As far as fixing permissions... I have a question there. The recovery I use is CWM Touch and it has a fix permissions option, however, the Viper DNA rom also has a fix permissions in its tweak options. Which one should I use? Should I use both?
25th February 2013, 08:11 AM   |  #10  
uppon2's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,222
 
2,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone073

Carrier is Verizon. I thought at first I was cleaning to much. I run a very lean setup. Very lean. If its on the debloat list chances are that I have removed it. The problem seems to have disappeared for the time being. I did a standard reboot and called someone and asked them to text me and it worked. Perhaps the problem may have been the radio because I had just flashed it when the problem started.

All is well for now.

As far as fixing permissions... I have a question there. The recovery I use is CWM Touch and it has a fix permissions option, however, the Viper DNA rom also has a fix permissions in its tweak options. Which one should I use? Should I use both?

They both do exactly the same thing. The difference is, with Viper you will actually see the progress as each app is done. Give it a shot!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes