Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 40,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

Tip us?
 
dmonleo
Old
#711  
dmonleo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 310
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dust Bowl
Default Re: [Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

Dag.....man I just read this entire thread. Nevell I will hit you up once I purchase the latest CDMA workshop. That other one I asked about does seem to work. Anyways, I look forward to getting this done. I would rather have 3g working vs. 1x, also if I can get the stock MMS too. Thanks in advance!

You give tutorials/advice on workshop in general?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
seek knowledge...
 
williamlw
Old
#712  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevell View Post
No worries bro I'll get you sorted out as soon as you respond to my emails.
Thanks for the effort tonight, Nevell. I really do appreciate the followup.

So everyone is aware, the flashing is fine and was the first time. So, my issue is still undetermined but I am going back to 4.0.4 and trying the info found in this thread.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1940190
 
Nevell
Old
#713  
Nevell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 399
Posts: 1,121
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walterboro

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
If you don't need to put the MEID back, then theoretically, you can put the SIM card on a bad ESN VZW GS3. So this defeats the purpose of VZW enforcing their policy on bad ESN phones. Or am I misunderstanding your comment?


Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
What I'm asking is why would you have to put the meid back when its not supposed to even be changed on the GS3 period?
Follow me on Twitter @pageplusflash


Device
Current Device: Sprint Galaxy S4 Stock Rooted MDL & Galaxy Note 3 Stock
Quadrant: 12301
Device History: Evo Shift 4G, Epic 4G, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, Photon 4G, Epic Touch 4G, Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, HTC EVO, Galaxy S3, Note 2 LTE, Sprint Galaxy S4, HTC ONE(M7), Galaxy Note 3

 
AlpineMan
Old
#714  
AlpineMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 703
Posts: 1,331
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default Re: [Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

For whatever reason the guy above had for changing the MEID on a VZW GS3 (perhaps he wants to use a donor or bad esn?), he asked whether he needed to put the MEID back to bring the phone back to original VZW service. And you answered no...because the SIM would take care of it.


Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Flash Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

MMS Fix for Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 on Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

Update Profile/PRL/HFA Fix for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 and S4 flashed to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE
 
futr_vision
Old
#715  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 50
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default Is the prcess the same for new and existing accounts on PP?

So, I am not sure if there was ever an answer for this. Is the process of switching out phones on PP the same as flashing a phone to a new account on PP? I already have an account with PP using a VZ Wireless Samsung Smooth. I am swapping that one out for the VZ GS3. When calling PP they said they could switch over the phone and I would have talk and text but that they could not help me with the programming. I assume they meant they couldn't help me get 3G.

Now, to get 3G I understand I need a donor phone. I have a Samsung Smooth which is not a 3G phone but i also have a VZ LG Chocolate and a VZ Droid X. I was planning on selling off the Droid X but if I need to keep it I'll do that. the Chocolate was given to me for free and I do not know the history of the phone other than it worked fine on PP until I got my Droid X which I used on Verizon.

Any help/clarification would be great! TIA
The Following User Says Thank You to futr_vision For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stangboycic
Old
#716  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 43
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default Re: [Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

Quote:
Originally Posted by futr_vision View Post
So, I am not sure if there was ever an answer for this. Is the process of switching out phones on PP the same as flashing a phone to a new account on PP? I already have an account with PP using a VZ Wireless Samsung Smooth. I am swapping that one out for the VZ GS3. When calling PP they said they could switch over the phone and I would have talk and text but that they could not help me with the programming. I assume they meant they couldn't help me get 3G.

Now, to get 3G I understand I need a donor phone. I have a Samsung Smooth which is not a 3G phone but i also have a VZ LG Chocolate and a VZ Droid X. I was planning on selling off the Droid X but if I need to keep it I'll do that. the Chocolate was given to me for free and I do not know the history of the phone other than it worked fine on PP until I got my Droid X which I used on Verizon.

Any help/clarification would be great! TIA
One thing to keep in mind. On Pageplus a donor phone doesn't mean that phone is no longer any good. In fact I've used the same donor phone to flash over 50 phones now. The best phones to use are the older android or windows phones. Phones such as the chocolate as I recall used WAP protocol. Which wouldn't work for what you're trying to achieve.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
 
Nevell
Old
#717  
Nevell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 399
Posts: 1,121
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walterboro

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboycic View Post
One thing to keep in mind. On Pageplus a donor phone doesn't mean that phone is no longer any good. In fact I've used the same donor phone to flash over 50 phones now. The best phones to use are the older android or windows phones. Phones such as the chocolate as I recall used WAP protocol. Which wouldn't work for what you're trying to achieve.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
I used my Droid Incredible around 2,000 times Lol
Follow me on Twitter @pageplusflash


Device
Current Device: Sprint Galaxy S4 Stock Rooted MDL & Galaxy Note 3 Stock
Quadrant: 12301
Device History: Evo Shift 4G, Epic 4G, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, Photon 4G, Epic Touch 4G, Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, HTC EVO, Galaxy S3, Note 2 LTE, Sprint Galaxy S4, HTC ONE(M7), Galaxy Note 3

 
na3eem
Old
#718  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
I flashed my s3 (Sprint bad ESN) to Page plus and i have full 3g, talk, text working,, however I have a wierd problem, whenever my phone is in the charger, I lose all connection & when it is unplugged, the connection comes back up again. Does anyone experience this problem and know of a fix?? maybe its the flash thats making it happen? Im rooted also... i dont have a custom rom (I dont think)... can anyone help with this issue? thanks
 
stangboycic
Old
#719  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 43
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default Re: [Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

Quote:
Originally Posted by na3eem View Post
I flashed my s3 (Sprint bad ESN) to Page plus and i have full 3g, talk, text working,, however I have a wierd problem, whenever my phone is in the charger, I lose all connection & when it is unplugged, the connection comes back up again. Does anyone experience this problem and know of a fix?? maybe its the flash thats making it happen? Im rooted also... i dont have a custom rom (I dont think)... can anyone help with this issue? thanks
Are you using the original charger and cable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
 
na3eem
Old
#720  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboycic View Post
Are you using the original charger and cable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
yes all original. and also tried it with numerous cables... it always does it in my house... it is weird.... I heard its something dealing with if your area has old verizon towers it will disconnect... it is like a bug in the software... like when i charge it at school... its fine,,, never loses service.. but once i get home.. all service lost when charging and i have to unplug it for it to work again... my friend has a s3 too (Sprint flashed to PP) and it also does the same thing at his house....

Tags
boost, cricket, galaxy siii 3 flash, sprint verizon galaxy siii to page plus cellular, verizon prepaid
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes