Thread Closed

[Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

OP Nevell

25th February 2013, 02:41 AM   |  #711  
Flag Dust Bowl
Thanks Meter: 33

324 posts
More
Re: [Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]
Dag.....man I just read this entire thread. Nevell I will hit you up once I purchase the latest CDMA workshop. That other one I asked about does seem to work. Anyways, I look forward to getting this done. I would rather have 3g working vs. 1x, also if I can get the stock MMS too. Thanks in advance!

You give tutorials/advice on workshop in general?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 02:50 AM   |  #712  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevell

No worries bro I'll get you sorted out as soon as you respond to my emails.

Thanks for the effort tonight, Nevell. I really do appreciate the followup.

So everyone is aware, the flashing is fine and was the first time. So, my issue is still undetermined but I am going back to 4.0.4 and trying the info found in this thread.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1940190
25th February 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #713  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Walterboro
Thanks Meter: 402

1,126 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan

If you don't need to put the MEID back, then theoretically, you can put the SIM card on a bad ESN VZW GS3. So this defeats the purpose of VZW enforcing their policy on bad ESN phones. Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

What I'm asking is why would you have to put the meid back when its not supposed to even be changed on the GS3 period?
27th February 2013, 08:13 AM   |  #714  
Thanks Meter: 815

1,439 posts
Re: [Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]
For whatever reason the guy above had for changing the MEID on a VZW GS3 (perhaps he wants to use a donor or bad esn?), he asked whether he needed to put the MEID back to bring the phone back to original VZW service. And you answered no...because the SIM would take care of it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
27th February 2013, 04:35 PM   |  #715  
Thanks Meter: 6

50 posts
Is the prcess the same for new and existing accounts on PP?
So, I am not sure if there was ever an answer for this. Is the process of switching out phones on PP the same as flashing a phone to a new account on PP? I already have an account with PP using a VZ Wireless Samsung Smooth. I am swapping that one out for the VZ GS3. When calling PP they said they could switch over the phone and I would have talk and text but that they could not help me with the programming. I assume they meant they couldn't help me get 3G.

Now, to get 3G I understand I need a donor phone. I have a Samsung Smooth which is not a 3G phone but i also have a VZ LG Chocolate and a VZ Droid X. I was planning on selling off the Droid X but if I need to keep it I'll do that. the Chocolate was given to me for free and I do not know the history of the phone other than it worked fine on PP until I got my Droid X which I used on Verizon.

Any help/clarification would be great! TIA
The Following User Says Thank You to futr_vision For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #716  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by futr_vision

So, I am not sure if there was ever an answer for this. Is the process of switching out phones on PP the same as flashing a phone to a new account on PP? I already have an account with PP using a VZ Wireless Samsung Smooth. I am swapping that one out for the VZ GS3. When calling PP they said they could switch over the phone and I would have talk and text but that they could not help me with the programming. I assume they meant they couldn't help me get 3G.

Now, to get 3G I understand I need a donor phone. I have a Samsung Smooth which is not a 3G phone but i also have a VZ LG Chocolate and a VZ Droid X. I was planning on selling off the Droid X but if I need to keep it I'll do that. the Chocolate was given to me for free and I do not know the history of the phone other than it worked fine on PP until I got my Droid X which I used on Verizon.

Any help/clarification would be great! TIA

One thing to keep in mind. On Pageplus a donor phone doesn't mean that phone is no longer any good. In fact I've used the same donor phone to flash over 50 phones now. The best phones to use are the older android or windows phones. Phones such as the chocolate as I recall used WAP protocol. Which wouldn't work for what you're trying to achieve.

28th February 2013, 02:17 AM   |  #717  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Walterboro
Thanks Meter: 402

1,126 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboycic

One thing to keep in mind. On Pageplus a donor phone doesn't mean that phone is no longer any good. In fact I've used the same donor phone to flash over 50 phones now. The best phones to use are the older android or windows phones. Phones such as the chocolate as I recall used WAP protocol. Which wouldn't work for what you're trying to achieve.

I used my Droid Incredible around 2,000 times Lol
28th February 2013, 03:58 PM   |  #718  

8 posts
I flashed my s3 (Sprint bad ESN) to Page plus and i have full 3g, talk, text working,, however I have a wierd problem, whenever my phone is in the charger, I lose all connection & when it is unplugged, the connection comes back up again. Does anyone experience this problem and know of a fix?? maybe its the flash thats making it happen? Im rooted also... i dont have a custom rom (I dont think)... can anyone help with this issue? thanks
28th February 2013, 10:35 PM   |  #719  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by na3eem

I flashed my s3 (Sprint bad ESN) to Page plus and i have full 3g, talk, text working,, however I have a wierd problem, whenever my phone is in the charger, I lose all connection & when it is unplugged, the connection comes back up again. Does anyone experience this problem and know of a fix?? maybe its the flash thats making it happen? Im rooted also... i dont have a custom rom (I dont think)... can anyone help with this issue? thanks

Are you using the original charger and cable?

28th February 2013, 11:58 PM   |  #720  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboycic

Are you using the original charger and cable?

yes all original. and also tried it with numerous cables... it always does it in my house... it is weird.... I heard its something dealing with if your area has old verizon towers it will disconnect... it is like a bug in the software... like when i charge it at school... its fine,,, never loses service.. but once i get home.. all service lost when charging and i have to unplug it for it to work again... my friend has a s3 too (Sprint flashed to PP) and it also does the same thing at his house....

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boost, cricket, galaxy siii 3 flash, sprint verizon galaxy siii to page plus cellular, verizon prepaid
Previous Thread Next Thread