XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [t0lte]

Tip us?

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.4 JB 4.2.2 [t0lte] Feb 24

No fast charge toggle unfortunately.
It does feel pretty quick though. Also it seems like the keyboard background keys being distorted is fixed now.
Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

nocoast
Old
Thanks Meter 1247

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihonno View Post
Heads up, just got and downloading a new update via goo.im. ver. 1.4 checking to see if there's a change log available.
Because we plan on rolling releases out as quickly as we do please use your github history as the most indepth, truthful changelog exists there...Quick example, if you wish to see the history/'changelog' for our settings package just visit https://github.com/CarbonDev/android...gs/commits/jb2 ...All of our repositories are listed from the top down in order of the last repo updated....git history and commit messages help you understand the changes between releases in a MUCH MORE in depth way so Id highly recommend adopting this method of viewing "changelogs" as it will help you gain an understanding of the project, how it works, the authors of the code, and hey you might even pick up a coding trick or two in the process

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
If you want to help support my addiction to red bull and coffee please hit the donate button...If you are opposed to my addiction but want to help me OC my cpu even more by helping me upgrade cooling then please hit the donate button. For all other questions or comments press the 'O' key on your dialpad...Thank you and have a nice day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nocoast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gack69
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Any idea why the camera linked in the "Extras" section no longer is working? That's the one that allows storing pics to the external SD Card. I prefer that...tried flashing it twice and both times just FC's every time I try to launch it.
by @strongsteve
Sprint Galaxy Note 3
Rooted (Thanks Chainfire!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gack69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glensta
Old
Thanks Meter 211

DONATE TO ME
Default Tethering Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scartaris12 View Post
Get a user agent switcher for chrome. Change it to IE 7. I've been able to tether with impunity...haven't gotten blocked yet and I've been using for over a month. This is on CM10 or TW ROM's.

For what it's worth my iPad has never been blocked before. So never had any problems with that.
I'm not even sure if this Rom had a problem with Wi-Fi Tethering, but I know other CM10.1 & AOSP roms have had issues Tethering. I can tell you that with the new update, it's working for me. I have used this method to set up tethering here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post33453910

iBowToAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by glensta View Post
I'm not even sure if this Rom had a problem with Wi-Fi Tethering, but I know other CM10.1 & AOSP roms have had issues Tethering. I can tell you that with the new update, it's working for me. I have used this method to set up tethering here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post33453910
To confirm, is that mod just for avoiding the TMo upsell, or does it actually enable/fix hotspot functionality in the ROM itself?
ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
m7spr (stock rooted)
manta (stock rooted)
Follow me on Twitter
Email/Hangouts
Google+

nocoast
Old
Thanks Meter 1247

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Native (aosp) tethering works fine no need for a guide jus head to settings and enable it...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gack69 View Post
Any idea why the camera linked in the "Extras" section no longer is working? That's the one that allows storing pics to the external SD Card. I prefer that...tried flashing it twice and both times just FC's every time I try to launch it.
Just use stock cam and mv it to your external after your done. (For now)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
If you want to help support my addiction to red bull and coffee please hit the donate button...If you are opposed to my addiction but want to help me OC my cpu even more by helping me upgrade cooling then please hit the donate button. For all other questions or comments press the 'O' key on your dialpad...Thank you and have a nice day.

iBowToAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoast View Post
Native (aosp) tethering works fine no need for a guide jus head to settings and enable it...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2[COLOR="Silver"]
As of 1.3, AOSP tethering did NOT work on a clean install for the TMo t0lte. AP would start but would not be visible to other devices.

Are you saying it now works on 1.4????
ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
m7spr (stock rooted)
manta (stock rooted)
Follow me on Twitter
Email/Hangouts
Google+

glensta
Old
Thanks Meter 211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
To confirm, is that mod just for avoiding the TMo upsell, or does it actually enable/fix hotspot functionality in the ROM itself?
Yes that's correct. I did not test native tethering, just avoiding $$$$ from T-Mobile

RonnieRuff
Old
Thanks Meter 823

Quote:
Yes that's correct. I did not test native tethering, just avoiding $$$$ from T-Mobile
(Chuckle) until a network engineer at TMO sniffs the packets from your laptop. Will they? Probably not. But never think they can't.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!
Ronnie Ruff
Rooted Note2 on TMobile
Carbon AOSP || Sent by an Idiot with a Phablet

glensta
Old
Thanks Meter 211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRuff View Post
(Chuckle) until a network engineer at TMO sniffs the packets from your laptop. Will they? Probably not. But never think they can't.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!
Lol, think we already had this conversation....didn't we

I'm down for the risk - cheap thrills n all

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe