Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SKYNOTE 9.3- - 4.1.2 ATTK7-(MC3 OTA)- -[7/2/]The Melted Butter Battery Saver

Tip us?

riprod
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Default Re: [ROM] SKYNOTE 8.2- - 4.1.2 ATTK7-(MA4OTA)- -[2/22/]The Melted Butter Battery Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9wire View Post
See my edit

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Playing around, perseus, set fairly aggressive with system tuner, gpu@800
Can u share how you over clocked the GPU to 800 in system tuner?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

9wire
Old
(Last edited by 9wire; 24th February 2013 at 06:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 309
Default Re: [ROM] SKYNOTE 8.2- - 4.1.2 ATTK7-(MA4OTA)- -[2/22/]The Melted Butter Battery Save

I didn't use system tuner, there's a file you run with a script (smanager works), or put in your init-d folder. System/etc/init-d
http://db.tt/Iws8Fwg8
I believe you need to be on Perseus kernel, I recommend it anyway.
Check your gpu max at sys/devices/gpu.
I forgot, you can set gpu oc with s-tweaks that comes with the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to 9wire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riprod
Old
(Last edited by riprod; 24th February 2013 at 08:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49

I found the files that u can flash with the Perseus kernel, the 5G profile. And I used the stweaks to do the GPU over clock.

Thanks for the file location info. Much appreciated.

The Perseus kernel runs very well with this rom and has quiet a few adjustment perameters.

Sent from Mars.

Jack$on
Old
Thanks Meter 8

Anyone else getting "no Internet connection" error message? Mainly just visually annoying.

It seems that I do have data connection and no lag... Just annoying message.
Happens on wifi and cell network.
At&t GN2.

Not important but... I also seen that gmail sync sometimes hangs when sending pictures (requires reboot) but I have not confirmed if this was a random issue that happened a few times or not.

I seen this error message on 7.0 to 8.0 / 8.3. Yes full wipe, etc.

See picture on Facebook for message example.

Sent from my Note II
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361745295632.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1758048  

ReggieSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Question Re: [ROM] SKYNOTE 8.2- - 4.1.2 ATTK7-(MA4OTA)- -[2/22/]The Melted Butter Battery Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack$on View Post
Anyone else getting "no Internet connection" error message? Mainly just visually annoying.

It seems that I do have data connection and no lag... Just annoying message.
Happens on wifi and cell network.
At&t GN2.

Not important but... I also seen that gmail sync sometimes hangs when sending pictures (requires reboot) but I have not confirmed if this was a random issue that happened a few times or not.

I seen this error message on 7.0 to 8.0 / 8.3. Yes full wipe, etc.

See picture on Facebook for message example.

Sent from my Note II
I believe that is an issue with the latest facebook update. I saw posts from a whole host of different devices in the comments section of the app in the play store. (I am getting it too.) I use AquaMail instead if gmail now so I cant speak on the sending pics issue though I do not have it with Aqua.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Anyone having an issue where the phone hangs when waking from sleep? happens to me primarily if I attempt to wake the phone as I am leaving the house (I guess while it is switching from wifi over to mobile network) after a couple of minutes it will hot boot.

rexamillion59
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Is triangle away safe on this rom thanks

Optimuscle
Old
(Last edited by Optimuscle; 25th February 2013 at 05:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 51

Sorry but wasnt there suppose to be an update posted with some of files that had been missing from this rom. Supposedly before th OP left for his tour. I am not complaining nor am I asking for an eta. I am just wondering if I misunderstood or if I missed it and it was posted. I tried injecting the cloudagent.apk someone posted in system apps and chsnged permissions but still csnt seem to get the cloud options in settings.

viper98
Old
Thanks Meter 6
what's the best kernel to use for battery life with this rom?

borijess
Old
Thanks Meter 820

Auto brightness not sticking after reboot. Anyone else having same issue.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!

PsyCl0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimuscle View Post
Sorry but wasnt there suppose to be an update posted with some of files that had been missing from this rom. Supposedly before th OP left for his tour. I am not complaining nor am I asking for an eta. I am just wondering if I misunderstood or if I missed it and it was posted. I tried injecting the cloudagent.apk someone posted in system apps and chsnged permissions but still csnt seem to get the cloud options in settings.

8.2 read the update log it's all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper98 View Post
what's the best kernel to use for battery life with this rom?
give them all a go. Just make sure that you get a touch wiz kernel and not an aosp or other one. Tons of people have said the Preus kernel is good. Others enjoy stock. Currently on stock (8.1) I'm sitting at 36%. Look at attached pictures.

~PsyCl0ne

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361789560995.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1759359   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361789578873.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1759360