Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

Tip us?

PARAVEX
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by autospy View Post
Were you about to confirm if this worked? I want to upgrade to CM10.1 from stock JB, but I really need VZW global data access.
1.24.13 nightly has a working Global/GSM. Any newer than that, CM has a broken Global/GSM compatibility.
PARAVEX Project strives to accomplish a better Android experience.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Samsung Galaxy SIII & S4

aznsensazn29
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Loud beeping while ending call

Anyone know if there's a fix for the loud beep that comes from the speakerphone when ending a call? It's the only thing stopping me from using this as my daily driver. Thanks

rgrossie
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Not sure if this thread is being monitored or not anymore. Can't blame the CM people if not, there's a lot of drift here!

I've been getting a lot of Sleep of Death recently. It happens specifically when I boot the phone from scratch. The phone will go through the spinning CM logo, then go into the lockscreen, then if I let it go to sleep it doesn't wake up. It's pretty frustrating. I'm currently on the latest nightly, stock kernel. It happened to me on 2/17 too (I skipped the ones between because I was travelling). If I unlock the phone immediately then this doesn't happen.

I used to get SOD, but it would respond after I hit the power key, this doesn't respond and needs another battery pull.

I clean wiped about 3 weeks ago- I mean completely clean, flashed a stock image, wiped internal memory completely.

ups2525
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrossie View Post
Not sure if this thread is being monitored or not anymore. Can't blame the CM people if not, there's a lot of drift here!

I've been getting a lot of Sleep of Death recently. It happens specifically when I boot the phone from scratch. The phone will go through the spinning CM logo, then go into the lockscreen, then if I let it go to sleep it doesn't wake up. It's pretty frustrating. I'm currently on the latest nightly, stock kernel. It happened to me on 2/17 too (I skipped the ones between because I was travelling). If I unlock the phone immediately then this doesn't happen.

I used to get SOD, but it would respond after I hit the power key, this doesn't respond and needs another battery pull.

I clean wiped about 3 weeks ago- I mean completely clean, flashed a stock image, wiped internal memory completely.
If you stay with the CM kernal the minimum cpu freq should be set at 384 MHz and I honestly don't know the voltages used. When I flash a kernal I always set the minimum cpu frequency at 384 MHz as well as keep voltages above 1000 MHz. Maybe try setting the minimum cpu frequency at 486 MHz...just a thought...eat the meat & throw out the bones.
Be courteous click thanks when someone or some info they have shared helps you out.
IMO the forum is a journal or log of the struggles and triumpths experienced in this hobby I love so much.
I appreciate my membership and will do all I can to be a positive contributor.

Samsung king of smartphones & Cane Corso canine royalty

Zacharybinx34
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17

Anyone know why once in a while when quick pressing the home button it behaves as if you long pressed it and brings up recent apps screen? Reboot fixes it for a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

pyrostic
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Default Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrossie View Post

I have the same thing going on as well. I've set my minimum clock to what the post below yours stated. I hope this is resolved soon. It is obviously related to the kernel commit in one of the latest nightlies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
[Telidroids]

rockbottom8
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default bluetooth contact issue

My contacts do not sync in my car every time i connect to my car's BT. I only see 1 contact when i got to my contacts on my car. I've been running the build from 2/21. Will update to 2/24 later today to see if that fixes this.
Check out my podcast,
Monday Night Central, on
http://www.djvyrus.com/
for the latest in Trance and Progressive...

AlexDeGruven
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharybinx34 View Post
Anyone know why once in a while when quick pressing the home button it behaves as if you long pressed it and brings up recent apps screen? Reboot fixes it for a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
This has been around for a while. Doesn't quite seem to be on anyone's radar yet.

PerCompLLC
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDeGruven View Post
This has been around for a while. Doesn't quite seem to be on anyone's radar yet.
I'm sure that it is important to the CM team... Just not as high a priority as other bugs. It will get fixed eventually.
Retired: OG Droid, DX, Thunderbolt, Bionic, GNexus, SGS3
Current Device: VZW HTC One M8 / GPE
Twitter - @PerCompLLC

PaulQ602
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDeGruven View Post
According to Cyanogen on Google+, there is an official procedure for reporting problems but it is outside my technical expertise. Hopefully someone will report it using their system. I know they are very busy so they probably don't respond to reports here. I assume this is more for user-to-user assistance.

So I hope someone can get it on the radar.
_Paul_

.............. Samsung Galaxy S4 (16GB + 16GB)
.............. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (16GB + 64GB)