969 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.4 JB 4.2.2 [i605] Feb 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks3rv3rg

Ondemand/SIO good to go :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah 1.4 now ships with ondemand/row as defaults...SIo and Row are neck and neck but ondemand is the CLEAR winner as far as govs...that said everything should work great out of box ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
25th February 2013, 01:44 AM   |  #482  
Flag Metropolis
Thanks Meter: 46

333 posts
More
Anyone try to use and MHL? It seems not to work on this rom. I am wonder if it is a driver issue.
25th February 2013, 01:51 AM   |  #483  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Anyone know if I can get the Note 2 spen compatible keyboard on this ROM? Or if anyone know of a good handwriting converting app compatible with the Spen. I have looked but I can't find an answer.....thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
25th February 2013, 01:56 AM   |  #484  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,255

969 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkkent434

Anyone try to use and MHL? It seems not to work on this rom. I am wonder if it is a driver issue.

Its not a driver issue LibTVout is broken on all smdk4412 devices for the moment. The updated driver MAY give us a chance at LibTVout but i need to try it...something tells me hacksung would have mentioned that TVout works now...but sadly libTVout is not built with this (or any AOSP rom for that matter) So this is not limited to carbon. I will say that with these updated GPU drivers the note2 has surpassed my nexus4 interms of how well it runs AOSP...We fix MHL and it will truly be the most UNSTOPPABLE device in town

The Following User Says Thank You to nocoast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 01:59 AM   |  #485  
Flag Arlington Heights
Thanks Meter: 90

903 posts
More
Wow. This thing fly's. Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 02:02 AM   |  #486  
Thanks Meter: 9

156 posts
just flashed 1.4....and still MMS does not work...

before anyone asks...I did a clean install...

wiped data/factory reset
wiped cache
wiped dalvik cache
format /system

and I did not restore anything with Titanium Backup...
25th February 2013, 02:04 AM   |  #487  
Flag Metropolis
Thanks Meter: 46

333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoast

Its not a driver issue LibTVout is broken on all smdk4412 devices for the moment. The updated driver MAY give us a chance at LibTVout but i need to try it...something tells me hacksung would have mentioned that TVout works now...but sadly libTVout is not built with this (or any AOSP rom for that matter) So this is not limited to carbon. I will say that with these updated GPU drivers the note2 has surpassed my nexus4 interms of how well it runs AOSP...We fix MHL and it will truly be the most UNSTOPPABLE device in town

OK I understand now. If should have know better knowing that all things don't always work on AOSP. But I will defiantly keep and eye on the changelog.
25th February 2013, 02:07 AM   |  #488  
Flag Maple Heights, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 139

474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBee

wiped data/factory reset
wiped cache
wiped dalvik cache
format /system

I just sent an pic, I'm using go SMS though.
25th February 2013, 02:16 AM   |  #489  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,255

969 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkkent434

OK I understand now. If should have know better knowing that all things don't always work on AOSP. But I will defiantly keep and eye on the changelog.

well yeah man, people like codeworkx, sbrissen, kejar31, and maybe even me work really hard to try and bring these 'non nexus' devices to Nexus level....AND BEYOND .

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBee

wiped data/factory reset
wiped cache
wiped dalvik cache
format /system

Just tested Mms its known working from android to android (on a galaxy note 2 to an iphone) Then i tested our build on my nexus4 running straight talk to an android, that worked, then i tryed the nex4 to iphone, that worked...Mms worked...Perhaps you should look into your service provider? (we dont control cell towers sadly ;( )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nocoast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 02:26 AM   |  #490  
Thanks Meter: 9

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_shark

I just sent an pic, I'm using go SMS though.

yes, I can get it with GO SMS, but I hate Go...for me Handcent is a must have....and it has the ability to operate WITHOUT the stock mms.apk, yet whatever I try on this rom, it does not work...

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoast

well yeah man, people like codeworkx, sbrissen, kejar31, and maybe even me work really hard to try and bring these 'non nexus' devices to Nexus level....AND BEYOND .

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Just tested Mms its known working from android to android (on a galaxy note 2 to an iphone) Then i tested our build on my nexus4 running straight talk to an android, that worked, then i tryed the nex4 to iphone, that worked...Mms worked...Perhaps you should look into your service provider? (we dont control cell towers sadly ;( )

unfortunately, Verizon can not be blamed here, as it works fine unless I use one of the AOSP based roms...but it seems that I am the one and only person having this issue? can you do me a favor and test it with Handcent? I am curious if something in these roms is causing Handcent not to work

**edit** it's definitely handcent....I just sent it fine with the stock SMS app.....perhaps there is a way to find out what's causing this issue?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread