Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Google lost contacts

OP mroien

25th February 2013, 01:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

97 posts
Every now and then my contacts will be lost and in setting > Google > Sync Contacts will say it synced but all my contacts are gone. Some times I can just re sync and it works but other times it doesn't. Is there a way for this to not happen?

Or sometimes it will say Sync Contacts has an error and will not sync to Google and I'll have different contacts on my phone and on Google contacts
25th February 2013, 01:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroien

Every now and then my contacts will be lost and in setting > Google > Sync Contacts will say it synced but all my contacts are gone. Some times I can just re sync and it works but other times it doesn't. Is there a way for this to not happen?

Or sometimes it will say Sync Contacts has an error and will not sync to Google and I'll have different contacts on my phone and on Google contacts

make sure when you save a new contact that the name is saved as a gmail contact and not on your phone. there are actually two contact "books" on you phone, the internal phone contacts and the gmail contacts.
25th February 2013, 02:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b11aze

make sure when you save a new contact that the name is saved as a gmail contact and not on your phone. there are actually two contact "books" on you phone, the internal phone contacts and the gmail contacts.

Yeah that is not it. I always save new contacts under gmail not phone. I think its something to do with syncing with google
25th February 2013, 02:45 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,101

8,225 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah that is not it. I always save new contacts under gmail not phone. I think its something to do with syncing with google

Personally never had that issue. Occasionally sync goes down for a minute, then comes back up. If you are like me and keep sync off and changes roms, if you added a contact and didn't sync, you could miss a few that were added.

So i'd jut double check to be safe.
25th February 2013, 11:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466

736 posts
More
Quote:

What ROM are you using? Stock, Stock rooted, TW-based, AOSP (4.1.2, 4.2.1, or 4.2.2)? I've ran all of these (and then some) and haven't run into anything like this, but if it's ROM-specific, knowing what you're running will help narrow it down.

Cheers!
15th March 2013, 03:05 AM   |  #6  
Matlacha, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 189

129 posts
More
same thing here
Sometimes my phone log just shows numbers and when I check my contact list it's empty.
Reboot phone and they are all back. My contacts are on Google but was wondering if there is a way to store them on the phone also.
Some way to download to a file on the phone?
15th March 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag /home/cnexus/android
Thanks Meter: 13,700

9,047 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Google lost contacts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaderboy

Sometimes my phone log just shows numbers and when I check my contact list it's empty.
Reboot phone and they are all back. My contacts are on Google but was wondering if there is a way to store them on the phone also.
Some way to download to a file on the phone?

Go to the contacts app, press menu > export
Then select the account and it'll export to your scarf as a CSV file
There are also apps that let you import/export your contacts as an XML file
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 10:48 PM   |  #8  
Matlacha, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 189

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

Thanks. Done. I don't think I will ever find all the little tweaks and tricks to this thing. Every time I use it I learn something.
15th March 2013, 11:43 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag /home/cnexus/android
Thanks Meter: 13,700

9,047 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Google lost contacts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaderboy

Thanks. Done. I don't think I will ever find all the little tweaks and tricks to this thing. Every time I use it I learn something.

Hahaha, its actually a general Android feature, not just specific to the S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

Lol "scarf", sorry about that i meant "sdcard"
Dang autocorrect!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread