Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,407 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ouya vs The World (Comparisons and why Ouya has much competition)

Tip us?

bigd5783
Old
Thanks Meter 21
The ouya is better than the S3 honestly. I have the note 2 and running through an MHL adapter into my TV it chugs when trying to emulate N64 graphics. Now my Nexus 7 on the otherhand (same specs as the Ouya mind you) pushes all of my N64 games without any slow down. Now my Note 2 has double the ram and a higher clock speed than the Nexus 7 but the Tegra 3 just does graphics better. Honestly that is what the Ouya has going for it. If they would have used a Snapdragon or cheap chinese nock off like the gamestik I dont think it would do very well.

unixon
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I like my Nexus 4's Snapdragon O.O. It's the smoothest mobile SoC I have ever used. The phone in terms of phones never, ever lags (standard these days for a mid-end or better phone) and games, for once, are supersmooth and look great in XDPI. I really want to see this progress, it has the horsepower to really kick butt. And if we can get optimization it will be insanely smooth on your TV. I'm guessing your TV is either ~1920x1200 or ~1280x800. I have to say that when I load up an iOS optimized copy of Shadowgun, it runs so smooth on 2048x1536 you'd think it was a PS3 gameplay video. Seriously, mobile gaming has so much potential right now. After playing just about every new Xbox 360 title available, I'm still amazed by the visual sharpness on my little N4.
HTC One M7 (GPE)
Stock Android 4.4.2

Google Nexus 4 16GB:
ROM: Paranoid Android 3.15
Kernel: Franco Kernel M1
Bootloader: Occam JDQ39
Recovery: TeamWin Recovery 2.4.4.0

HTC EVO V 4G:
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1
Kernel: HTC Stock
Bootloader: 1.04 ENG

Dhiraj
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Default Re: Ouya vs The World (Comparisons and why Ouya has much competition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixon View Post
I like my Nexus 4's Snapdragon O.O. It's the smoothest mobile SoC I have ever used. The phone in terms of phones never, ever lags (standard these days for a mid-end or better phone) and games, for once, are supersmooth and look great in XDPI. I really want to see this progress, it has the horsepower to really kick butt. And if we can get optimization it will be insanely smooth on your TV. I'm guessing your TV is either ~1920x1200 or ~1280x800. I have to say that when I load up an iOS optimized copy of Shadowgun, it runs so smooth on 2048x1536 you'd think it was a PS3 gameplay video. Seriously, mobile gaming has so much potential right now. After playing just about every new Xbox 360 title available, I'm still amazed by the visual sharpness on my little N4.
NEXUS 4 has few known issue.

unixon
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by idhbar View Post
NEXUS 4 has few known issue.
I really didn't get that post. Are you trying to say it has a few known issues, or it has very few known issues? I love my Nexus 4, I loaded up Paranoid ROM on it and it pretty much makes the phone perfect... at least to me.
HTC One M7 (GPE)
Stock Android 4.4.2

Google Nexus 4 16GB:
ROM: Paranoid Android 3.15
Kernel: Franco Kernel M1
Bootloader: Occam JDQ39

HTC EVO V 4G:
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1
Kernel: HTC Stock
Bootloader: 1.04 ENG

Dhiraj
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Default Re: Ouya vs The World (Comparisons and why Ouya has much competition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixon View Post
I really didn't get that post. Are you trying to say it has a few known issues, or it has very few known issues? I love my Nexus 4, I loaded up Paranoid ROM on it and it pretty much makes the phone perfect... at least to me.
I have a plan to buy N4, but as I hard that it has few known issue like buzzing sound, heating problem, I am waiting for next nexus release.

itsmontoya
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I feel like the Shield by nVidia does everything the Ouya does, but better. I am starting to feel that Android is limiting both these systems though.

lartomar2002
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmontoya View Post
I feel like the Shield by nVidia does everything the Ouya does, but better. I am starting to feel that Android is limiting both these systems though.
It should at 4 times the price. Can it be connected to a large screen?
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T-CROMBi-kk 4.4.2
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php
Nothing left in my right brain, nothing right in my left brain

motavi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am really looking forward to trying this out. Waiting for the shipment to arrive...

micromax canvas 2 user
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up hello

is it better than x-box .
thanks for feedback

lartomar2002
Old
(Last edited by lartomar2002; 4th March 2013 at 06:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromax canvas 2 user View Post
is it better than x-box .
thanks for feedback
No, that is like comparing apples and oranges. Go to www.ouya.tv for info. Also do a search for Ou ya games on YouTube. They come in many different grades of quality but, there are some coming online with the same quality I pay $15.00 or more on PS3 store.
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T-CROMBi-kk 4.4.2
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php
Nothing left in my right brain, nothing right in my left brain

Tags
ouya vs the world comparisons