[ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.4.0 [27/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cpgeek

Nov 27, 2007
Storrs, CT
Never mind the peanut gallery and all the negativity, the ROM freakin sweet thanks for effort.
I think I may have gave her Whiplash the way I pulled my Big Black.........GALAXY NOTE out!

you mean Carbon Blue ;)

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I know I should be testing my own stuff and this request is probably found upon - but if there's any way I could convince one of you upstanding testers to do me a favor and pair a bluetooth keyboard or mouse and tell me if it works, it would be greatly appreciated. (i've been having all kinds of bluetooth hid related issues with 4.2.2 roms recently. I've yet to get my bluetooth keyboard or mouse working in a 4.2.2 rom, usually i can pair ok but then it simply doesn't work.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

dumbquestion

Oct 10, 2007
Central Valley, California
We should be grateful for an unusable ROM? I mean even I can build a ROM that doesn't work!

Last night, Adizzle offered to test for quincyatt....his offer was refused....he was told it didn't need to be tested....everything worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

tone. lots of promise in this ROM- look @ its pedigree... but the tone of our comments and sometimes the haste with which we offer them needs to be matured. We are (mostly) recipients of other's hard work and efforts. Our awareness of that should be evident in our correspondence.

This isn't directed @ you, dparrothead, but is meant as a reminder to any who feel frustrated with this release.

More on topic, I installed this ROM early today & have been messing with it all day long. I have read and posted over here and over there. I have tried all of the suggestions that have been proffered, but have not been able to overcome the screen flicker in an acceptable for daily-driver way. I am very encouraged and offer anything I can do to help. I will wait patiently for the opportunity to do so, or for an improved iteration. Thanx.

Reactions: navytron

cpgeek

Nov 27, 2007
Storrs, CT
you know, when watching old episodes of star trek TNG, DS9, and VOY I noticed that any time something went seriously wrong (ship gets hit by weapons, power runs low, something randomly explodes) all the touch panels flicker. as much as I LOVE that android and other touch os's do a great job at emulating the amazing touch i/o interfaces seen on sci-fi that's supposed to exist in the 24th century, I wish they wouldn't have emulated it *that* closely that when something minor goes wrong we get this awful screen flicker. - my sociology commentary, I mean no disrespect or disapproval - i know these dev processes take time and thank you to those who have contributed to the wonderful work that has gone on thusfar.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

I didn't hear any reply to my post earlier and i found some time to do a backup to sd, full wipe, and a flash of jellybam 6.3.0. despite the flicker, I decided to go on and test the bluetooth keyboard and unfortunately it seems that just like in the recent CM builds and the most recently jellybeer builds, bluetooth keyboard support is just plain broken. It allows you to successfully pair a device, but once it's paired, it will never connect no matter if you initiate the connection from the keyboard or from the phone, or both at the same time, it just times out. I'm guessing that this is an upstream CM bug, but i'm not sure where to post about this bug.

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
Re: [ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.3.0 [24/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroi

Omg, its that time of the month. Wheres the MOD ?i never seen so many adults act an treat each other like kidz. No wonder developers move on from here. They work for free and users still treat them like shXX,!

BlA¢K ★ X
$†@¢KH○u$€ ®€D

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Re: [ROM 4.2.2] JELLYBAM - v6.3.0 [24/02/2013] [i717] [AOKP | CM10.1 | ParanoidAndroi

I hope this thread is either cleaned up or closed due to the simple fact no one can respond properly... I wont be back in this thread for this reason. Goodluck

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida

From the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361790602369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361790602369.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 433

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Omg, its that time of the month. Wheres the MOD ?i never seen so many adults act an treat each other like kidz. No wonder developers move on from here. They work for free and users still treat them like shXX,!

BlA¢K ★ X
$†@¢KH○u$€ ®€D

We can't action what we don't know is going on. Contrary to popular opinion, we don't read every post on every thread. If you see something, Report it. That is why that button is there.

Someone did hit the Report button, hence why I am here now

I hope this thread is either cleaned up or closed due to the simple fact no one can respond properly... I wont be back in this thread for this reason. Goodluck

Cleaned.

Obviously there is a problem with screen flickering.(?) Maybe some logcats or someone tearing the ROM down would help resolve the situation. If you can't do that, then just have to be patient until someone else can/does. This is why we have "Flash at your own risk" and "Make a Nandroid" in almost every Dev thread.

We know the inherent risks, but we still push that install button don't we. Plesae be mindful that there are issues with this ROM and it is a flash-at-your-own-risk type thing.

OPGT

Dec 11, 2012
rowlett
We can't action what we don't know is going on. Contrary to popular opinion, we don't read every post on every thread. If you see something, Report it. That is why that button is there.

Cleaned.

Obviously there is a problem with screen flickering.(?) Maybe some logcats or someone tearing the ROM down would help resolve the situation. If you can't do that, then just have to be patient until someone else can/does. This is why we have "Flash at your own risk" and "Make a Nandroid" in almost every Dev thread.

We know the inherent risks, but we still push that install button don't we. Plesae be mindful that there are issues with this ROM and it is a flash-at-your-own-risk type thing.

To get everyone to chill out a little I've figured out what is wrong... The kernel itself is the problem, not the rom.. The stock CM kernel Igio90 put on this rom had Fu***** up commits (causing the horrible screen flickers). So everyone needs to chill out and be patient until Igio90 can build off a different CM source. Thanks for being patient guys.. ill keep in contact with Igio90. You guys will have a flickerless rom soon.
P.S- MAYBE one of you guys could try compiling your own kernel?? :0

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2

The Dev has acknowledged the issue, which is really good for everyone involved. Now we just need to wait and hope things get sorted out. In the mean time I sure hope it doesn't mean more judgmental posts about other peoples posts in here. It seems only certain people are permitted an opinion.
By the way, the Bug Report placed by dparrothead1 in that other forum is the most constructive action I have seen to resolve the flicker issue in this new and exciting ROM. Thank you sir.

Edit: Sorry OPGT, and anyone else working behind the scenes. I guess maybe there is other less public, constructive actions taking place, too. Let me amend my comment to state that dparrothead1's is the most constructive PUBLIC action.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

To get everyone to chill out a little I've figured out what is wrong... The kernel itself is the problem, not the rom.. The stock CM kernel Igio90 put on this rom had Fu***** up commits (causing the horrible screen flickers). So everyone needs to chill out and be patient until Igio90 can build off a different CM source. Thanks for being patient guys.. ill keep in contact with Igio90. You guys will have a flickerless rom soon.

Thank you for your assistance to the Devs. If I could I would work on a kernel. I have not learned that skill as of yet.

I honestly think we are more chill than the reactions may indicate in this thread. For me, I am very chill. I only reported my observations of the flicker. I'm not stressed about it at all. I understand that this stuff is not guaranteed to work, we flash at our own risk, yada yada yada. There just seems to be a group of folks that have made a mountain out of a molehill in the thread about people "complaining" and being ungrateful. I don't think that is a true picture of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: eocobby721

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com

I personally can't wait to flash this ROM ... it's got a laundry list of features unlike any other.

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA

Has anyone tried 4aces or flapps kernels?

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

Adizzzle

Aug 10, 2012
Kamloops
adizzzle.weebly.com

Has anyone tried 4aces or flapps kernels?

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

Uh yes, as i stated before, i tried 4aces 14 and 19 kernel, as well as various versions of flapps kernel's. All in all the screen goes black and then i need to restore. It doesn't help.

:beer:"We can't stop here! This is Bat Country":beer:

rbaladiang

Aug 23, 2012

If this ROM was built based on 2/22 or 2/24 CM nightlies, then flickers exists. The 2/21 CM nightly should be flicker-free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited:

Adizzzle

Aug 10, 2012
Kamloops
adizzzle.weebly.com

So am i able to just pull a kernel from a stable version of CM10.1 and flash that along with the Rom, or am i just overlooking something?

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida

So am i able to just pull a kernel from a stable version of CM10.1 and flash that along with the Rom, or am i just overlooking something?

If that were the case, wouldn't one of flapps older kernels work?

I experience some flicker on flapps newest build, but I can fix that. What I am getting with 6.3, I wouldn't describe as flicker....mine is flashing screen to black continuously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Adizzzle

Aug 10, 2012
Kamloops
adizzzle.weebly.com

If that were the case, wouldn't one of flapps older kernels work?

I experience some flicker on flapps newest build, but I can fix that. What I am getting with 6.3, I wouldn't describe as flicker....mine is flashing screen to black continuously.

Very true, i was thinking too simplistic.

OPGT

Dec 11, 2012
rowlett
Very true, i was thinking too simplistic.

you were thinking in the right direction, but it seems Stock CM is the only kernel that likes JellyBam. So if someone were to create a stock CM kernel based on the 2/21 release of commits then we would have a flickerless screen.

Donjuanal

Feb 22, 2012
that kernel has different headers, thus wont boot with newer roms. you can try the kernel 4Aces-29 which i just uploaded.

The kernel allowed for a boot which is better than older versions of your kernel and most recent h0tcakez. Apps are optimizing as I type this. Once loaded I removed 2ndary display emulation and OMG YOU ARE AMAZING.....NO FLICKER :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I
    First Off, Credit goes to iGio90. This is no means my rom and i'm aloud to post this ROM according to this
    Of course we won't do it, but if anyone want gain same rep on XDA, feel free to post jellybam v6
    and give credit where due. On the OFFICAL FaceBook page.
    Want to Donate?

317923_430904786982891_2014375063_n.jpg

samsung-galaxy-note-i717-mobile-phone-large-4.jpg

hnIn96H.jpg

2a5da8bf-055d-448a-9a2d-5de37e6eee76wallpaper.jpg

FEATURES
    - Built from source -
    - Overall features of AOKP, CM10.1, Paranoid Android, Carbon
    - Android tweaker Free -
    - Pie Controls -
    - Pie Colors -
    - CM10.1 HDR CAMERA-
    - Tons of customizations -
    - Latest CM10/AOKP Kernel compiled from sources -
    - Google apps included -
    - Exynos HWComposer -
    - Lockscreen with x5 quick app-
    - Lockscreen with x8 Custom targets -
    - Shortcut on notifications -
    - Bravia Engine libraries -
    - Bravia XLoud audio libraries -
    - PerApp DPI XPosed settings -
    - CM 10.1 Chronus widgets -
    - Infinite widgets on lockscreen -
    - Custom home action and hardware button in lockscreen -
    - Quick/Long click on weather and clock actions -
    - JellyBam Panel in settings app -
    - AOKP and CyanogenMod, Parandroid Android Settings -
    - Mass storage mode -
    - CyanogenMod Chronus clock -
    - OTA Update via UpdateMe App -
    - GAPPS included, no need to flash anything else -
    - Apollo Music Player (Themed) -
    - Quick SMS -
    - AwesomBeats Lib -
    - Bluetooth hacked for send / receive APK -
    - YouTube hacked with 3G+WiFi HD 720p PlayBack -
    - Init.d scripts -
    - JellyBOOM script -
    - Media quality tweak -
    - 3G and GPS Tweak -
    - RAM Optimization + Multitasking -
    - SmoothScrolling tweak -
    - Trebuchet Launcher -
    - Clearbass Sound by Sony*(Clear Bass) -
    - Xloud by SonyEricsson*(higher sound volume and clearer sound on speaker) -
    - Dolby Digital Sound*(Equalizer enhancer bass setting and Surround setting) -
    - Surround Sound*(Deeper bass and reduction of bass distortion plus Eq setting support) -
    - JellyBam custom Bootanimation by metallaxis -
    - Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock -
    -Volume Panel (Volume Rocker allows you to change ALL volume levels in one Menu) -
    - Lockscreen Weather -
    - Lockscreen Vibration on/off toggle -
    - Performance/Color Settings -
    - Brightness Control Slider -
    - Multilang -
    - JellyBam Style -
    - Much more! Check it by yourself! -

- All the amazing features of CM10, PARANOID AND AOKP ALL TOGETHER-

BUGS
    All known bugs from cm10.1
    All known bugs from AOKP
    All known bugs from AOSPA
    Performance controls FC for some people
    you tell me

Downloads & Installation
    download JellyBam Mod Edit
    Wipe data
    wipe cache & dalvik cache
    Flash ROM
    Reboot
    Enjoy

FAQ
    Now let's talk about JellyBam proper bugs:

- Touch responsive/KeyBoard Lag : Caused by PIE - Disable it in Pie Control/Trigger size/None

- Battery Drain : Caused by Media Scanner - Disable it in Android Tweaker, our apps that comes by default with JellyBam

"Wipe needed before install JellyBam v6?"

If you come from a different Rom :
    FULL WIPE/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE

If you come from a previous 4.1.2 JellyBam Version :
    FULL WIPE! NO MATTER WHAT!

If you come from a previous 6.X.X JellyBam Version :
    You may dirty flash. WIPE CACHE/DALVIK CACHE

"How can I enable AutoBrightness?" : Actually it only works if you use the toggle in the status bar - Put the brightness to Max then press AUTO.

"How can I solve the android.process.acore error?" : Go into Settings/Applications/Contacts - Delete data

"How do I edit custom toggles?" : Go into Settings/Custom tiles.

"How do I change DPI manually?" : Go into Settings/Paranoid Preferences/ Make a slide on the right and a Menu will appear on the left.

"I have signal problems, what can I do?" : Download GetRIL from PlayStore and verify your Baseband status.

"Why the last apps is not killed pressing the Kill All button?" : It's a new feature from AOKP that allows you to kill all the apps in background keeping on the only app that you are actaully using.

"How do i disable Nav Bar?" : Go to settings, Paranoid Preferences, scroll left and click interface, slide nav. bar to zero, and then click check.

"I want to Overclock CPU/GPU or UV?" : Download & install Flappjaxx LATEST JB kernel HERE

"I want to be able to use the Fast Charge feature?" : Download & install chris41g's LATEST JB kernel HERE

Every question in the forum that already has been solved here in the FAQ will be DELETED.

***ChangeLog 27/02/2013
    Framework: hardware rendering for statusbarmanager and pie* Authored by drcmda
    Framework: PIE: option for Pie to maintain its position, disregarding orientation changes (useful for gaming)* Authored by drcmda
    Framework: allow widgets to minimize in extended desktop* Authored by drcmda
    Framework: PIE: narrow down inner arcs for even gaps* Authored by drcmda
    JellyBam Vendor: Tracking v6.4.0* Authored by iGio90
    Settings: new pie options* Authored by drcmda
    Framework: Profiles: add PROFILES_STATE_CHANGED_ACTION broadcast intent* Authored by iGio90
    Settings: Settings: fix profiles TabManager* Authoreb by jruesga
    Settings: es_ES: Updated spanish translations* Authoreb by djMesias
    Build: build: recovery: disable ro.adb.secure* Authoreb by pawitp
    Framework: Make the colors themable instead of hard-coded (Seems broken too)* Authored by daxxmax
    Framework: Big Pie update. Added PIE Colors, new dynamics and chevron! (1/2)* Authored by iGio90
    Framework: Dual Pane Settings* Authored by gmillz
    Settings: Big pie update. Added colors and many new options (2/2)* Authored by iGio90
    Settings: JellyBam UI Settings: Dual Pane Settings* Authored by iGio90
    Settings: JellyBam Quick Settings: Added quick setting with initial fast toggle swipe enabler! we need a new icon for this* Authored by iGio90
    Build: build: recovery: fully strip ro.adb.secure* Authoreb by pawitp
    Framework: Framework: Notification Shortcuts (1/2)* Authored by corcoran
    Framework: Frameworks: Add PNG’S for Notfication and Lockscreen shortcuts* Authored by kufikugel
    Settings: Added Notification toggle icons and re-arranged notification panel settings* Authored by iGio90
    Framework: PIE: improved touchhandling, no emptyangle, better animations* Authored by drcmda
    Framework: PIE: compressed layout, stubs, new defaults* Authored by iGio90
    Framework: Notification shortcuts spacing and tablet transition fix* Authored by iGio90
    Framework: Quick Settings: Swipe to switch* Authored by ThiagoVinicius
    Settings: This should fix brightness panel, let’s see what happend after tests* Authored by iGio90
    Settings: PIE: new defaults* Authored by iGio90
    Settings: New icons and strings* Authored by bliss91
    Settings: New settings_bampaper Icon* Authored by bliss91
    Settings: Prevent cursor from causing global reference leaks* Authored by iGio90

**again all credit goes to iGio90 who developed the ROM**

Credits
    Chris41g
    AOKP team
    Cyanogenmod Team
    Paranoid Android Team
    Carbon Team
    PAC-Man Team
    Paintball2345 For helping out on this thread​
    Just a quick off topic FYI. For any new members that may not know. If you see members that continually are making non-helpful or sarcastic comments and you don't wish to see them anymore.

Go to the forum on your PC...click on the offending members screen name...you will get a dropdown menu. One option will be to add to your ignore list. Click on that and you will never see another post from that person.:laugh:

So how much did you guys paid to get this Rom going?

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

For your own amusement? This is a development forum. I will report this thread if it is not for development and just to amusement.

Everyone in this thread is reporting a legitimate issur with this rom. They are rightfully upset tbat a reportedly stable rom was released which is obviously not stable. That being said: igio stated he would not be creating an official Jellybam thread on xda and had no issues of another member creating one given proper credit was posted. This thread is being used to improve developement of this rom and inform others of the issues present with the current release. There is no reason to be defensive nor to report this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    that kernel has different headers, thus wont boot with newer roms. you can try the kernel 4Aces-29 which i just uploaded.

BlA¢K ★ X
    $†@¢KH○u$€ ®€D

Cleaned.