Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.7 [Updated 09/06/14]: Nexus 10 Thread

Tip us?

53Spike
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks Wug! Your work is really appreciated!

5BIGMDGUY8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help me, wugfresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
5. You will see an android on its back
6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
While in hospital recently, I thought it would be cool to upgrade my ROM to a newer NIGHTLY. Unfortunately, the drugs I was being fed intravenously coupled with my aging gray matter, I overlooked switching to USB debugging mode. The updated ROM & latest GAPPS loaded fine as did wiping data/cache functions...however, nothing since has worked in terms of getting my phone to reboot in any way. It still responds to simultaneous Vol Up/Vol Dn + Start Button & simultaneous Vol Dn + Start Button commands. The procedure you describe, above, does NOT work verbatim on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Please advise what exactly I can do to get my phone back to some form of working condition.
NOTE: I am a double donater to you and have, I believe, the latest version of Galaxy Nexus Toolkit installed on my Win7 PC.

Thank you!
R/bigmdguy

syraz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
really a password on twrp? how can I continue to unlock/root process?

5BIGMDGUY8
Old
(Last edited by 5BIGMDGUY8; 25th February 2013 at 02:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Re: Please help me, wugfresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5BIGMDGUY8 View Post
While in hospital recently, I thought it would be cool to upgrade my ROM to a newer NIGHTLY. Unfortunately, the drugs I was being fed intravenously coupled with my aging gray matter, I overlooked switching to USB debugging mode. The updated ROM & latest GAPPS loaded fine as did wiping data/cache functions...however, nothing since has worked in terms of getting my phone to reboot in any way. It still responds to simultaneous Vol Up/Vol Dn + Start Buttons & simultaneous Vol Dn + Start Buttons commands. The procedure you describe, above, does NOT work verbatim on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Please advise what exactly I can do to get my phone back to some form of working condition.
NOTE: I am a double donater to you and have, I believe, the latest version of Galaxy Nexus Toolkit installed on my Win7 PC.

Thank you!
R/bigmdguy
WugFresh,

Good News, dude!!! I figured it out! W/help from other posts I pulled & reinstalled the battery, then simultaneously pressed Vol Up/Vol Dn + Start Buttons, I booted into recovery mode, then wiped data & caches, then used your Galaxy Nexus Toolkit (finally figured out how to get it to recognize my soft-bricked phone), then selected #36 as my PHONE model & then selected #9 ("Download, extract +flash google factory stock ROM") and followed all instructions for downloading '.tgz' or '.tar' file & copying it verbatim to the"put_google_factory_image_here" folder, & the two [Galaxy Nexus Toolkit & my Toro SGN phone] immediately recognized one another & the electronic handshakes occurred that allowed the Google Factory Stock ROM to be downloaded, extracted, & installed to my previously soft-bricked phone. During that process, one 'yes' checkpoint confirmed the action to completely erase data & partitions. Once all of the files were downloaded & installed, the phone booted into the newly minted OS and, voila, my phone now works good as new!

Thank you!
R/bigmdguy

WugFresh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,109

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13] : Nexus 10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by syraz View Post
really a password on twrp? how can I continue to unlock/root process?
?

{{ WugFresh }}

syraz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
?

{{ WugFresh }}
used your program on my gnex when I had that with no issue, but with n10, after it gets unlocked and goes to temporay twrp to factory reset and all that, it ask for password so couldnt wipe..had to use advance utilities and launch cwm touch temporary to factory reset. then was able to use the root process...

was just a little frustrated shocked..at the time all is well now

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 5,109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by syraz View Post
used your program on my gnex when I had that with no issue, but with n10, after it gets unlocked and goes to temporay twrp to factory reset and all that, it ask for password so couldnt wipe..had to use advance utilities and launch cwm touch temporary to factory reset. then was able to use the root process...

was just a little frustrated shocked..at the time all is well now
Really? I wasn't aware of this. It asks for a password? That is so weird. Can you add me on gchat (wugfresh at gmail).

{{ WugFresh }}

syraz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Really? I wasn't aware of this. It asks for a password? That is so weird. Can you add me on gchat (wugfresh at gmail).

{{ WugFresh }}
Sure can, Wont be til tomorrow, I working now, so harder to get on that...

lKBZl
Old
(Last edited by lKBZl; 25th February 2013 at 07:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 121
Hey wug, is it normal that when you perform a backup for apps+data it keeps saying shared storage while backing up? Im on the screen of the backup and it's been a while since it doesn't change. Thanks.

Edit: Okay, I finished my backup, all I had to do is unplug the nexus 10... lmao.

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 5,109

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13] : Nexus 10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lKBZl View Post
Hey wug, is it normal that when you perform a backup for apps+data it keeps saying shared storage while backing up? Im on the screen of the backup and it's been a while since it doesn't change. Thanks.

Edit: Okay, I finished my backup, all I had to do is unplug the nexus 10... lmao.
If you unplugged it then you interrupted your backup and its probably corrupt. Mouse over the backup options and read the tooltips, you will see that a data/media backup is better for shared data.

{{ WugFresh }}