Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is the htc one a world phone?

Tip us?

mikemol
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi,
I'm on a Canadian provider that has a hard time with getting good phones. I'm on Wind mobile and actually those who are on Mobilicity are in the same boat. When HTC One X came out it wasn't available for Wind or Mobilicity, when HTC One X+ came out it wasn't available either. Only the cheaper versions of One S would work on it, other ones didn't support the bands. I can see that for Canada none of these providers are listed to carry HTC One. Does it support the bands that Wind and Mobilicity operate at? Will it work on it? They operate in AWS

djq
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Default Re: [Q] Is the htc one a world phone?

Do a search is been answered a hundred times already

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
i may own a HTC but who needs to be able to swap a battery when you have 10400MAH of RAVPOWER lol

overpound
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default help

i need help with my one.. it doesnt seem to want to turn on after it gets a full charge

danw_oz
Old
(Last edited by danw_oz; 22nd February 2013 at 11:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by overpound View Post
i need help with my one.. it doesnt seem to want to turn on after it gets a full charge
Why hijack this thread, what does your phone turning on or not have anything to do with the topic

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemol View Post
Hi,
I'm on a Canadian provider that has a hard time with getting good phones. I'm on Wind mobile and actually those who are on Mobilicity are in the same boat. When HTC One X came out it wasn't available for Wind or Mobilicity, when HTC One X+ came out it wasn't available either. Only the cheaper versions of One S would work on it, other ones didn't support the bands. I can see that for Canada none of these providers are listed to carry HTC One. Does it support the bands that Wind and Mobilicity operate at? Will it work on it? They operate in AWS
Why don't you go back one page and read, I have posted all the bands supported by the phone. AT&T will be your best option for coverage

emepror
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've got a bit of a similar question about where this phone will work on a specific network. If I buy an unlocked CDMA version of the HTC one, can I just drop a Verizon sim card into it and use the phone on verizon's network?

mattman83
Old
Thanks Meter 1,027
Default Re: [Q] Is the htc one a world phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emepror View Post
I've got a bit of a similar question about where this phone will work on a specific network. If I buy an unlocked CDMA version of the HTC one, can I just drop a Verizon sim card into it and use the phone on verizon's network?
There is no CDMA version, and cdma devices do not use sim cards.

M.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Stupid questions make baby Jesus cry.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattman83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emepror
Old
Thanks Meter 0
only reason i bring that up because the ONE will be on sprint's network which is CDMA, along with the fact that i thought verizon 4g phones used sim cards ( my pantech marauder loner phone had one). thanks for the answer

mbh017
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hello

Do you know if the European version of the HTC One will be compatible with the American 3G network (ie : AT&T)...

Because last summer I was in USA and with my old HTC (not compatible with AT&T 3G), I was only able to use 2G networks for internet and it was very very bad...

So I'm asking !

Many thanks in advance for the answer !!!

:No-Frost:
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh017 View Post
Hello

Do you know if the European version of the HTC One will be compatible with the American 3G network (ie : AT&T)...

Because last summer I was in USA and with my old HTC (not compatible with AT&T 3G), I was only able to use 2G networks for internet and it was very very bad...

So I'm asking !

Many thanks in advance for the answer !!!
Well, as far as I know, the HTC One will be just one device with no difference with the ones sold in America, Europe, Asia, etc...
Twitter
----------------------------------------
Phone : HTC One
Recovery : TWRP
ROM : ARHD (Latest)
----------------------------------------

HTC Magic 32A >> HTC Desire HD >> HTC ONE
The Following User Says Thank You to :No-Frost: For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mbh017
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by :No-Frost: View Post
Well, as far as I know, the HTC One will be just one device with no difference with the ones sold in America, Europe, Asia, etc...
Thank you!

If it's confirmed, I will definitly buy this HTC One in march!!